What's new

Speculation on the "combobreaker" in the footage.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Wild speculation on my part, but I have watched the footage a few times now, and I don't think its a combo breaker.

When harley does the combo breaker the whole world turns blue, and it transitions right into the scene where they taunt and charge at each other, and when they hit the world loses its blue tint, I think those scenes are in chronologial order.

What I think is happening is that flash killed harley, well her first life bar anyway, the second it went to zero she did the breaker and then they did the charge and then went into equal footing.

I think they did this because they want to keep the quick round transitions, but they want to balance where you start out, so no one has a clear advantage, if you noticed they started the charge towards the left of the arena but somehow ended up in the middle. I think this will happen even if you kill someone with a projectile.

If its true, its a brilliant move on there part.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Breakers are awesome. I love actively thinking about meter usage and how to punish my opponents when they don't have it. It honestly changes how I approach most matches.

Breakers are like alpha counters, and I think they're cool. The combos in MK are too ridiculous. Hell, just imagine the entire cast being able to do unbreakable Kitana fan combos.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think that was just editing the footage to make it look cool, but that's a possibility
Watch it a couple more times, it's too perfect to be edited footage.
Flashes punches Harley.
Harley breaks.
A wave of blue covers the screen.
They both taunt each other, all well the screen is still covered in blue.
They rush each other, screen still covered in blue.
They collide, the wave of blue does a reverse motion coming back in, exactly where flashes fist and harleys hammer meet.
Blue is completely gone, a explosion knocks them back to the starting position.

Also there is no way that is the entrance animation, there is no way for harley to go from playing hop scotch to charging at her enemy, all well the screen would be blue for no reason. Also the collision causes damage to the arena, which they wouldn't do at the start of match.

There may still be combo breakers in the game, I don't know, but I am 90% positive that wasn't one.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I just watched it again a couple times and I still think that it was editing, it doesn't look like a perfect switch over to me. I do think multiple intros could be a possibility as well, but I still can't help but think that it's a simple breaker.

I see where you're coming from and what it looks like, we'll just have to wait, over the next week or so this should get confirmed

Tim Static

Adminerator
You hope it isn't a breaker or what I think it might be?

Honestly MK9 has made me hate breakers, so I really do hope there either not in, or nerfed severally.
I hope it isnt.

And I base all this on this game having a dedicated block button. breakers & dedicated block buttons dont go together.

My guess is that it is one or close to it. Flash blocks 1 normal, then retaliates with a combo which gets broken and that spark/flash appears to signify it, afterwards flash gets pushed back. The rest of the footage could be related, but I think it was just a bit of editing which is done to show other features.

No idea what the collision or stand off is about, maybe it is similar to the MK VS DC quick time/stage transition event. Maybe they both pressed the same button and pushed each other away rather than knocking the loser into a new stage.

The whole game seems to have mk9 mechanics, but with a bunch of features and gimicks. I suspect some previous features from other games will return. Stage change, background interactivity, object manipulation and so on. Some will be improved, instead of picking up skulls or rocks with any character like in MK4, now each character has unique uses for each object. Instead of stage fatalities or single use features, they went up another level and made certain stage features usuable within combos or special moves.

I doubt you will see anything brand new, just improved ideas from older games.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want Breakers, but I want you to be right about the blue animation.

It makes way more sense, and I'd rather not have a Breaker that takes up 10-15 seconds of fight time.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
No more speculation. Here's what it does.

-You break a combo
-Do a clash
-Bet #s of bars of meter
-Who ever bets most, wins, regains health back.

Source:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/risky-business-the-injustice-gods-among-us-clash-system/

I don't know how to feel right now. Lol!

Give us your opinions.
lolwut
It's like that thing in the Budokai series, but waaaaaaay different. So, it's not like that at all. I can't pass any judgement outside of :confused: until I see gameplay