What's new

Combo List - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Combo Thread

Just joined the community, hopefully I can help out, or even better, learn more here :)
I'll surely be hovering around Sonya and Jax threads xD

Figured I'd share this on YT, since I always see people wasting bars and complicating things, so why not.
It's nothing spectacular and maybe something like this is already known(I for one do not like ending kombos with MS1), but figured I'd still share it here.

P.S. Sry for bad quality, not gonna lie, too late and too tired to do it over Fraps :'D

reptar

Noob
Just a reminder to everyone posting combos that end in a throw, throws are still breakable if you combo into them so the numbers are inflated a bit.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
UPDATE:

New discovery while in lab:

Covert Ops 33% (No Meter, Corner)
b332, db2, 4, 21, 12,12, d2 (The final d2 kicks them out of the corner)

(Make sure during the b332 she gets to land the final back hand smack of that combo that comes after her elbow. I usually start inputting the db2 as the elbow connects so then the smack has enough time to come out)

Youtube Combo I found:
If somebody can watch the video and put these strings in dictation, it would be a nice addition to our collection. I don't recognize some of the moves and I'm at work taking a mini break.

Found this on YouTube. 28% (Meterless)

Covert Ops
For me after bd2-4-21U4 its the easiest option, no walk, dash...and 24%with b14 starter, 25%with b332 and 29% if previous divekick.
Also, gives HKD

In Covert Ops [db2~4, jf2, run, 2,1,3, bf4] is possible midscreen albeit difficult.

Also I prefer b332, db2~4, b33212, bf4

I'll try to get some numbers.

I just made my first combo video with Demolition Sonya. There are around 22 combos in total, between 24% - 48%. No X-Ray. Most of them are meterless, some are 1 bar. There's midscreen combos, corner combos and some extra combos using interactables. Some combos are very similar, and deal the same damage, but they all have different inputs. All the inputs are found in the description.

In Covert Ops [db2~4, jf2, run, 2,1,3, bf4] is possible midscreen albeit difficult.

Also I prefer b332, db2~4, b33212, bf4

I'll try to get some numbers.
Doing jf2 into 213 bf4 does the same amount of damage as just doing 213 db2~1 and leaves you fullscreen away which is kind of wack. I really prefer ending all my combos with db2~1 as it sets up for b3/b1 mixup really easily. Midscreen [Anything into db2~4 21, 21 db2~1 (or 213 bf4)] is better damage anyway

Dunno if anyone posted this but Covert Ops corner combo I use is [Anything into db2~4, jf4, 1,1,1, 213 db2~1] it does 32% off b332, 36% if you do divekick first. Another variation is [Anything into db2~4, jf4, 21, 1, 213 db2~1] that one does 1% more but it's alot stricter timing wise.

Last edited:

reptar

Noob
Grenadeless corner combo off a low, since I can't find a safe way to refill grenades in the corner :)

b33u4, 12, 12, 12, 124 = 27%

Grenadeless corner combo off a low, since I can't find a safe way to refill grenades in the corner :)

b33u4, 12, 12, 12, 124 = 27%
B33U4, B14, DD1. Not sure about the damage off the top of my head, but it's something I've been working on for her Demolition variation.

Seems ending combos in B14, DD1 grants a free refill.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
What does the u4 notation stand for? It's probably something really obvious that I'm missing.
It´s the ender of the 21U4 string I think. I love this ender, it nearly never whiffes and you gain a HDK.And you can continue it with a meaty jump in or a dash +keep pressure o do parry on spec ops

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
As a shameless tier whore, I approve of all things Sonya related.

16 active frame JIP1 :eek:
Full combo off of dive kick :eek:
Best 50/50 in game :eek:

Just wanted to say this is one of the best put together character combo guides on TYM so far.

After getting spanked by REO, Tom Brady, and JOP at my scene's first MKX tournement, I will be picking up and labbing out hard with Sonya. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the thread.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Helllooooo guysssss, found this video on YouTube (I did not make it I take no credit at all) includes combos up to 48% for one bar in demolition! This is a demolition exclusive video BTW! Enjoy!

I dont want to be that guy but the person who made that video literally posted the same video on the same page as this reply yesterday

Just found out you can do this midscreen instead of 21,21 [Anything into db2~4 21 run 1,2,1 db2~1]. Does 1% to 2% more than 21,21 and also carries further because of the late hit from run!

Tried it on like four characters and it worked on all of them (one of which was D'vorah so I assume it works on everyone).

Last edited: