What's new

Sony settlement from 2011 outage (possible freebies incoming)

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-settles-2011-psn-hacking-lawsuit-ps3-psp-game/1100-6421283/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

Before I start, whoever actually sued Sony is the biggest fucking crybaby I've ever seen. XBL goes down? Sure, you pay to use it, be pissed. PSN. Free. "WAAAAHHHHHH, I DIDN'T GET TO PLAY CODMW3 WITH MY CLAN xXx420H1TlErRuLeSxXx" is how I imagine this went (if Black Ops was that year's COD, forgive me).

Having said that, Sony got hit with a class-action lawsuit and they've decided to settle. NOBODY GOT THEIR BANK INFO\ACCOUNTS STOLEN, as far as we know. Good part? Us non-whiners can get some free stuff, including a 3 month Plus membership. If you weren't on PSN for this, you can still get something (details are inside). Nothing is up just yet, judge still has to OK this, but if it does go through, a lot of us can get some freebies.

inb4Ialreadyownthesegamessonysucks
I can't agree with this. When PSN went down for more then 1 month free or not people got fucked. MK9 Got fucked and DC Universe Online got super fucked imo for PS3. PC DC universe got raped also . So Sue them and give me some free shit!!!! Changing my password forced me to remember a new password. Someone has to pay :p

TKB

Noob
Hell yes, I do remember this now! Side note, did you play Ground Zeros? Controls are really good and I'm interested in vehicle interactions. Might be Battlefield+MGS
Yeah man I did play it and it is very very good, HOWEVER.... There are a few things I'm disappointed about. For starters, I absolutely hate that they took away my ability to lay completely flat and inch worm... Also I'm going to really miss my dive roll... Now we have a clunky football tackle dive... Lol. But honestly it plays like a really cool mix of Peace Walker, MGS4 and MGS3.

The vehicles will add a very interesting depth to the game online, if it becomes like battlefield though where you either dominate in a broken-ass vehicle or you get shit on all day then I'm not going to like them.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Yeah man I did play it and it is very very good, HOWEVER.... There are a few things I'm disappointed about. For starters, I absolutely hate that they took away my ability to lay completely flat and inch worm... Also I'm going to really miss my dive roll... Now we have a clunky football tackle dive... Lol. But honestly it plays like a really cool mix of Peace Walker, MGS4 and MGS3.

The vehicles will add a very interesting depth to the game online, if it becomes like battlefield though where you either dominate in a broken-ass vehicle or you get shit on all day then I'm not going to like them.
I have a thing for tank killing, but I see where you are coming from. But rolls are actually gone? Me and my buddy just thought we couldn't figure them out, that's kind of beat.

187x

Noob
LBSH, lawsuits in the US are fucking ridiculous. People sue big companies for stupid reasons just to get some money.
or to just waste their time. Like you will have a hobo suing a big company.... And it will be on a news article on yahoo the next morning. Silly.

TKB

Noob
I have a thing for tank killing, but I see where you are coming from. But rolls are actually gone? Me and my buddy just thought we couldn't figure them out, that's kind of beat.
You can lay down and do the side roll but they took out the mgs4 dive roll(basically you just push X and your character would do it)

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
When PSN was hacked in 2011 it was a big thing. Hackers broke into People's Music Unlimited subscription accounts and stole real money from their bank accounts. Because it's a subscription service that is renewed on a monthly charge. It mostly happened to people who had PS+ and Music Unlimited services.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Ah, I'll never forget the first month where I wasn't able to play MK9 online due to the outage.
I remember that as well. MK9 came with a month's free online pass. Before MK9 had it's online outage, I worked out that all you had to do when the free month pass ran out, was play MK9 Online on a different PSN account. Since PS3 could have 16 user accounts on 1 machine, that equates to 16 months of free MK9 Online. I tweeted this to Ed Boon and after the MK9 online outage, he made it free for everyone.