What's new

SonicFox's Initial MK11 Impressions

Gamer68

Fujin!
Here's how it goes in the NRS community.

Pro-player says something = Gold
Normal player says something= Trash

Before ESL:
"ONLINE MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. LOL, NO ONE CARES ABOUT ONLINE, ITS A VIABLE WAY TO DETERMINE SKILL OR GAMES"

After ESL:
"SILENCE"

Games gets revealed and some people have legitimate concerns about the game on the forum:

"TOO EARLY" proceeds to get shit on.

Sonic and K&m Tweets stuff that should be changed about the game:

Repeated dick sucking continues by SOME of the same people that shit on posters threads about their concerns.

Lol, never change TYMfaqs.
To be honest pretty much the entire FGC is like this. I forget what game it was, but there were players on Twitter saying that they don't need to give randoms any matches because they "haven't proved themselves" and so they aren't worth the time -- or basically something like that.

The mindset when it comes to opinions on a particular game, whether it's about the characters or mechanics, is pretty much just that. If you aren't well known, your opinion doesn't matter and these guys will basically tell you to shut up about anything. If you ARE well known (you don't even have to be competing), then all of a sudden these exact same guys are asking/listening for their opinions.

Don't get me wrong, I think that an opinion of a current top player is probably more accurate and/or valid in comparison to someone who isn't. But that doesn't mean you have to try to silence everyone else, telling them to shut up or whatever. Especially since some of these people are trying to form opinions and discuss them a lot just because they are trying to understand the game more, which in my opinion is important if you really want to learn (even if your opinion is objectively wrong at first). Denying these types of discussions simply because the players involved haven't "proved themselves" means you are basically just shitting on the majority of FG players because most will never be Top 16 or whatever, you are making community growth and relationships worse because no one can even talk about shit, and you could be potentially denying solid info -- or what I mentioned earlier -- Matches that could actually have value that both players could learn from. It's just incredibly narrow minded and sad, and quite frankly I'm tired of seeing it.

With that being said, petitions that DEMAND changes with very little discussion are a problem as well. Discussion and understanding does matter.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Pro-player says something = Gold
Normal player says something= Trash

Before ESL:
"ONLINE MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. LOL, NO ONE CARES ABOUT ONLINE, ITS A VIABLE WAY TO DETERMINE SKILL OR GAMES"

After ESL:
"SILENCE"
In all fairness when ESL first started NRS games didn't even have roll back netcode. The delay and lag was crazy back then. I do not think anyone could seriously say that the online mode in those games were acceptable or an online match was comparable in anyway to a local game.

The "silence" is not about esl or the events or w/e... it is because the roll back netcode was added and now the online events are much closer to the real thing, maybe even just as good.

So basically the NRS scene complained when it sucked and stopped when it didn't suck.

If the netcode had not come to NRS games, people would still be saying all that negative stuff about online events.