What's new

Match Footage Some match videos

ryublaze

Noob
I lost both matches but these were some of the most epic fights we had in that KoTH:

Just watch the first match:

Skip to 6:37:

Special thanks to Rampage254 who recorded every KoTH fight in amazing quality! :)

Note: These matches were in a King of the Hill of about 7 to 8 people, and Skarlet is extremely hard to play in lag. Don't ask me how I did a sweep instead of U+3 lol.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
wow, so close both fights !! Pretty cool !! ha, that Mileena x Skarlet match was intense, dude !! :D

ryublaze

Noob
are you going to nec that punish you did was awsome
Thanks but I'm not really a tourny player so I guess not. I love that teleport punisher (discovered by Helter Skelter). Very easy to do and does good damage for no meter.

SLy

Noob
Thanks but I'm not really a tourny player so I guess not.
I really dont see why not. With the right people to practice and train under you really have potential to put her on the map..I dont think anyone would be ready for scarlet in a tourney..She's so underrated

ryublaze

Noob
I really dont see why not. With the right people to practice and train under you really have potential to put her on the map..I dont think anyone would be ready for scarlet in a tourney..She's so underrated
I think Ninj or Helter Skelter (haven't seen him play but he's gotta be good since he's a mod right?) would do much better in the offline scene. I also hear Shujinkydink is going to be playing Skarlet. I'm still learning her to be honest. You should check out Ninj's "Analyze Me" videos he posted in this forum.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
i know Chris G has played Skarlett in tourneys too, but i don't think he's won a full match with her. the few matches i saw him play as her, he switched over to rep after losing.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah, she is not my main (I mostly play Rain/Reptile and then Stryker/Kenshi) but I would really like to make her one of my mains with Rain. I think those d4 into red dash slide (or slash) are damn good. Also, her blood ball looks hard to dodge xD

Imo, she's one of the hardest to play in that game. At the momen I'm trying to have 100% success with this damn down slash 2, 3, red, dash, down slash. The reset is ok but most of time my skarlet don't do the red dash after the 2, 3, in combot t.t

I keep practicing !

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah, she is not my main (I mostly play Rain/Reptile and then Stryker/Kenshi) but I would really like to make her one of my mains with Rain. I think those d4 into red dash slide (or slash) are damn good. Also, her blood ball looks hard to dodge xD

Imo, she's one of the hardest to play in that game. At the momen I'm trying to have 100% success with this damn down slash 2, 3, red, dash, down slash. The reset is ok but most of time my skarlet don't do the red dash after the 2, 3, in combot t.t

I keep practicing !
Keep practicing. It took a lot of time in practice mode for me as Skarlet has gone through her iterations (oh I miss you, Red Slide into Downslash).

However, keep in mind the mechanics of the game, which are very deliberate. So be deliberate in your inputs. A great many players try to hit the buttons too quickly.

I would say Skarlet is the most technically demanding character in the game (NRS also said this when they released her, I believe). Some characters, like Cyrax, Sub-Zero, etc, are much more slow-going and do not have complex button inputs for even their most damaging combos. Skarlet is of a different breed. Maybe I'll have time someday to make it out to a major tournament, but I don't see that in the cards for the immediate future.

ryublaze

Noob

I keep practicing !
It took me 2 months of practice to get decent with Skarlet. Once I saw the 47-49% no meter midscreen combos, that's when I really started working on her and getting her timing for combos down. 2, 3, Red Dash is hard at first (I'm still dropping it online) but it gets easier once you start thinking about your inputs.

Although Slips, 16 Bit, and IKizzLE live in my city, I'm going to stick with online play. I'm sure one day we'll all see a great Skarlet player take her to the top at a tourney.

SaJa

FH_FenriR

One of mine, but there was a huge delay coz I was recording (dunno why that happens yet..) and also coz he didn't pick a good stage. My Skarlet is godamn unsafe I need to fix it (fortunetly for me he always block down lol).

Here another one, I drop a lot of stuffs and I ex-red dash as fuck xD

I need to use a bit more safe strings like the b11f4 or just dague cancel into slide I guess. My skarlet needs more experience :\ (but online it is still very hard to play her technical, I can't even do 2, up slash as AA.. so I upercut instead..)

SaJa

FH_FenriR

Against JC those 11 strings are needed, I'll try to use them more often. If you tell me what's wrong I'll be pleased :> (I know I eed to poke more).