What's new

Tech Somberness Appreciation thread

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Well that sucks if he committed suicide....

That aside, his contribution will always be held with the utmost respect. For MKX, I can do as much as I can for frame data. I have the means to do so and have done it for Harley and Wonder Woman (aka my mains), and only them mainly because so few expressed not only interest in IGAU, but from the frame data threads themselves for INJ, so I was like ok, so fuck it then. There were a few tweaks needed to be made here and there because the properties alter a bit in terms of animation, but I'd be willing to do it for MKX
Probably because there is ingame framedata. If MKX will have it in, which is highly probable, then expect the same.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Someone here, a long time ago, wrote that Somberness commited suicide. It was a legit user, don't remember who it was.
Either way, he did great for MK9 scene.
Anyone who would be reliably informed of that actually happening wouldn't realistically just drop a single post about it. Hell if I knew Somberness in the real personally, I'm not sure if I would post the details at all.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Anyone who would be reliably informed of that actually happening wouldn't realistically just drop a single post about it. Hell if I knew Somberness in the real personally, I'm not sure if I would post the details at all.
It was a well known member, I don't remember who though. But he did delete his post after. I think it was a staff member. Anyway...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Can't you people read? There is a chance Somberness is never coming back. Some time after he last posted a user that claimed to know him irl said that Somberness commited suicide.
People will still hope for the best until cornered. Sometimes even after.

zaf

professor
I really do hope he comes back for MKX.
Regardless if there is in game frame data or not for MKX ( there probably is), I'd still love to be able to have him break down frames even further like he did for mk9

Please come back Somberness ;_;

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
What he did for the MK community was incredible. I am not a competitive player, but all his work helped me improve a lot in the game, made me want to read and learn, and improve as a player. I always felt kinda bummed he disappeared, but hearing he may have committed suicide did make sad. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I just hope he is alright.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I really hope the rumors why he is not here anymore is not true. He is a legend and a lot is owed to him on these forums.

Somberness effectively taught me how to understand frame data. Top-tier TYM'er, he was.

I prefer to think that he was hired by the clandestine services. Right now he's probably looking down on us from his perch in Langley--or some other dastardly place--and smirking wryly as his legend grows.

GODSPEED!

Somberness is legit. Me and My bro learned frame data when he put in hard work to formulate the frame data for all characters and it helped us out big time overall. Much respect to him.