What's new

So ... what do you do?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What show? Lol
It's a live trivia show run at bars and pubs around the country. It's huge in Tennessee, and I'm in charge of the Indiana branch where it's gotten incredibly popular around the Ball State campus venues, and I'll soon be getting an operation started in Iowa City. It pays crazy well and only keeps me busy around 8 hours a week, which is why I have so much time to be on the forums and play Injustice. It's also a lot of fun. https://www.facebook.com/woodystrivia is the page for my branch of Trivia Time.

B W1zZ

Noob
picking off lines ready to send shit off, and it sucked because the quota's were ridiculous and if you didn't meet them you get a bad mark, you get 3 and your job gets reviewed. Also minimum wage for an amazingly hard job, doesn't sound so hard until you see the quota they make you meet, then man, wtf..

Idk I've been at my job for about 7 months and haven't had 1 writeup, seems hard to get written up imo. Idk if you were working through a temp agency or how it works in europe but it pays way more than minimum wage here on top of getting bonuses/benefits etc.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Idk I've been at my job for about 7 months and haven't had 1 writeup, seems hard to get written up imo. Idk if you were working through a temp agency or how it works in europe but it pays way more than minimum wage here on top of getting bonuses/benefits etc.
I worked directly for amazon. It was minimum wage, and they are control freaks who will eat you up after a slight mistake, they are hitlers.

Phanatic

RM Phanatic
Those that say they are in the Military i always been curious. The recruiters try to get to you join for 2-4 years and i wanna know whats the benefit of doing that? Wouldn't it be wise to join for a lifetime? Eventually when you get out (after 2-4 years) what do you get from it because i have friends that joined for that long and they doing the same thing as everybody else.

Enjoy it.

A piece of advice, while you have all that free time - if you don't already, swap an hour of gaming a day for an hour of working out. It will pay off huge when you get to college. Turns out the opposite sex loves toned physiques... who knew?
I will start doing that :) thanks for the advice

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Those that say they are in the Military i always been curious. The recruiters try to get to you join for 2-4 years and i wanna know whats the benefit of doing that? Wouldn't it be wise to join for a lifetime? Eventually when you get out (after 2-4 years) what do you get from it because i have friends that joined for that long and they doing the same thing as everybody else.
Currently they have the "Post 9/11 GI Bill." Here's what it is. You do 4 years of service. When you get out the military will give you money up to the most expensive state school in the state that you joined from. You may be able to change your residency on that but I can't remember. They will also give you an allowance to live on. I do not recall how long the money lasts for but I do know you must actually attend college to recieve it and it is long enough to get a degree if you don't fuck around. If you do not have the post 9/11 GI bill and only the old one you can get between 20-30K for college depending on how you set it up and how much you pay into the program. For that one your money is payed to you monthly at about 1.2K a month while you're enrolled in college. Do not try to play them for the money and not go to school, you will get played by the biggest players of all time eventually, the US Gov. Also if you're from Texas and join the military you can go to a Texas state school for free after service.

Staying for "life" is all on the individual. It's not for everyone, simple as that. Sure it have benefits but It's all about if it's worth it to you or not.

I've been in the Navy for 13 years, joined when I was 17. I've done too much stuff to list at this point. Currently I teach a Navy school on how to board ships and inspect them or take them over if needed.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I am a Server Build Technician/System Admin for a very large cloud infrastructure and hosting company. The Internet breaks and I fix it :) although I am currently getting ready to go back to school to get into nuclear medicine. So...yay :)

Killin Natzees back end ftw :)

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm old (32) so I've got a career more than a job. Without going into specifics I have a mental health background and work with at-risk youth and their families for a public agency.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Bachelors of science in Biochemistry and Athletic Therapy (athletic training in the US). Waiting take the national cert exam in November and hopefully open up my own clinic down the road :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
On top of what legion said, after 4 years you gain Veteran's preference. That means you are automatically bumped up on the hiring list for ANY job you apply for especially if it is a Govt. related job. You also get a VA loan for a house. This means you can ignore some ugly, massive down payment on your first home should you ever choose to buy one. There is so much to gain from the Military. I'm not on board yet but I will be an in OTS(Officer Training School) after I finish my degree. the pay will be quite generous along with the benefits.

Sasuga

Noob
I'm scripting guy. I did some programming in my spare time. I was working on my own engine. I never made it as a professional programmer. I should get working on my own thing again.