What's new

So was this magic patch just a joke?

Kryogenic

The Coolinator
I've read more than a few posts here that have alluded to a patch that will have a balance pass and improve the netcode.

Has there been any official word about this?

Is there an ETA?

Is it all just speculation?

I've read more than a few posts here that have alluded to a patch that will have a balance pass and improve the netcode.

Has there been any official word about this?

Is there an ETA?

Is it all just speculation?
i've never heard of another patch to fix the netcode. i know they have to release a patch to fix freddy though. but to expect another attempt to patch the netcode is unrealistic.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Just a question how many title updates has this game had so far?
I'm not 100% on this, but I think this is correct...
1.01 - An ugly update that resulted in a LOT of desyncs, but reduced lag in the rare cases that matches stayed connected.
1.02 - Another update the increased lag, but removed the desync issue (1.00 repackaged?).
1.03 - Update for Freddy, aka mandatory compatibility pack.

I may be missing an additional update, I'm not sure.

shano

Noob
1.01 - An ugly update that resulted in a LOT of desyncs, but reduced lag in the rare cases that matches stayed connected.
1.02 - Another update the increased lag, but removed the desync issue (1.00 repackaged?).

Cheers for the answer mate.

"Another update the increased lag, but removed the desync issue" Wait they increased the lag in the 2nd patch?

They should be patching the online more it's so laggy :/ and the desync issue do not seem to be fixed cos i desync out of matches half the time at the player select screen.

I seriously hope you guys don't expect the lag to be fixed. With every patch they make they fix two or three things and break ten more. I don't know what kind of programmers or devs manage to do this but I find it comical that with a patch intended to "improve" the netcode and other things they keep managing to make it worse. Online, Uppercuts don't work half the time anymore nor jumping or blocking for that matter, and frames don't mean anything online. I've been grabbed while doing Noobs ex upshadow. You clearly see the shadow already out but somehow they can grab. I've been low poked out of Johnny Cages Super Armor Kick, I shit you not. I've been grabbed before even landing on the floor from a jump in punch by Liu Kang, wakeup attacks don't work and of course who can forget ole' Freddy Krueger. Projectiles go through him and he has huge damage braindead combos. His glove toss projectile has no recovery, I mean seriously, WTF was NRS thinking/smoking? This game is becoming one massive joke.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I seriously hope you guys don't expect the lag to be fixed. With every patch they make they fix two or three things and break ten more. I don't know what kind of programmers or devs manage to do this but I find it comical that with a patch intended to "improve" the netcode and other things they keep managing to make it worse. Online, Uppercuts don't work half the time anymore nor jumping or blocking for that matter, and frames don't mean anything online. I've been grabbed while doing Noobs ex upshadow. You clearly see the shadow already out but somehow they can grab. I've been low poked out of Johnny Cages Super Armor Kick, I shit you not. I've been grabbed before even landing on the floor from a jump in punch by Liu Kang, wakeup attacks don't work and of course who can forget ole' Freddy Krueger. Projectiles go through him and he has huge damage braindead combos. His glove toss projectile has no recovery, I mean seriously, WTF was NRS thinking/smoking? This game is becoming one massive joke.
Easy killer. You've been playing online to much.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE....IT SEEM LIKE WHEN THE INITIAL PATCH CAME OUT TO IMPROVE THE NETCODE IT GOT ALOT BETTER...BUT NOW ITS SEEM LIKE ITS BACK TO NORMAL(AS IN WHEN WE FIRST BOUGHT THE GAME)
THAT EXPLAINS IT RIGHT THERE SMH

Kryogenic

The Coolinator
So why hasn't the Xbox version seen a patch to make the DLC compatibility packs mandatory?

Isn't the PS3 version all ready patched to make the DLC compatibility packs mandatory? If so what the hell's the hold up with the 360 version?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm pretty sure only Freddy is included in the new patch. You still need to manually get the patches for the other dlc.

Sent from my Android Phone.

So why hasn't the Xbox version seen a patch to make the DLC compatibility packs mandatory?

Isn't the PS3 version all ready patched to make the DLC compatibility packs mandatory? If so what the hell's the hold up with the 360 version?
FUCK... THAT... SHIT. hes glitchy as hell. what makes you think i want to deal with that bs. i rarely face people who don't have the packs anyway and if they don't have it just quit until you find someone who does. it wont take that long. people act like EVERY person playing online doesn't have the packs when most people do.

Kryogenic

The Coolinator
FUCK... THAT... SHIT. hes glitchy as hell. what makes you think i want to deal with that bs. i rarely face people who don't have the packs anyway and if they don't have it just quit until you find someone who does. it wont take that long. people act like EVERY person playing online doesn't have the packs when most people do.
That's simply not true. More often than not when I get together with the guys that I usually play with online and pile into a KotH room we might be able to use the DLC characters once out of every 7 matches if that. All it takes is one jerk that refuses to play against certain DLC characters and won't download the pack so no one can use that character or characters.

I know you can do player matches and ranked but I enjoy the social aspect of KotH matches and I'm in the minority because I just want to kick back, play, have a good time, and swap jokes.

There are way too many wannabe tournament players that don't have what it takes, take the game way to seriously, and/or fall back on inescapable resets and glitches. They won't download the packs because they either don't know how to cheese their way through a match against that character or they simply refuse to learn how to counter that character's strengths.

Finally, people forked out cash to be able to use those characters and shouldn't get screwed out of using them. Fuck... THAT... shit, homie.