What's new

So...has there been *ANY* news on the Arcade Kollection?

isamu

Noob
With E3 having now ended, has there been any details whatsoever regarding the MK Arcade Kollection? I just want to know when it'll be coming out, if it will use ggpo netcode, and whether or not we will be able to spectate matches online?

iammud

Noob
I have a feeling that GGPO does NOT support MKAK.

Reason 1: GGPO doesn't currently support MK games, and adding them would be a challenge.

Reason 2: Someone mentioned in #capcom that MKAK's delayed release is rumored to be due to shitty netcode. Ponder was actively involved in a conversation concerning the new 3s at the same time; so I think if his service supported it, he'd mention something about it.

I just pray they didn't outsource it to Backbone, which I don't believe they did.

Seriously, am I the only one that has to lower his speakers everytime he plays MKII on the PS3?

TerryMasters said:
I just pray they didn't outsource it to Backbone, which I don't believe they did.

Seriously, am I the only one that has to lower his speakers everytime he plays MKII on the PS3?
Yes.... lol

TerryMasters said:

During late night gaming session when I would switch over to some PSN MKII, I would jump like a god damn girl at the sudden volume increase!

Though the Kollection apparently was not shown at E3, was it not available at that PDP Tournament a few weeks back?

isamu

Noob
X820 said:
Not to mention that the GGPO guys have no interest in MK whatsoever.
X820, out of curiosity what are you basing this assumption on? Ponder has gone on record as saying he likes Mortal Kombat.

X820

Noob
ZAQ said:
They don't have to have an interest in MK. They just have to have an interest in money.
I thought offering cash had already failed?

We can only hope NR will be able to get a deal, I wouldn't hold my breath though.....

isamu said:
X820, out of curiosity what are you basing this assumption on? Ponder has gone on record as saying he likes Mortal Kombat.

To my knowledge he said "FYI, I don't hate Mortal Kombat."

This doesn't tell me he has plans for it, that would be assuming.

@ mud:

kudos.

Tim Static

Adminerator
TerryMasters said:
Loudest fucking game/port ever. seriously wtf is wrong with that shit? its been like that since the day i DL'd it 4-5 years ago.

Skillz

Noob
TerryMasters said:
yeah terrible isn't it, I can hear the sounds even with my speakers on mute lol :0 nahh for real..hope they pay attention this time.

I don't think GGPO is going to be used for MKAK, I remember reading on the GGPO forums that they didn't figured it out yet how to apply GGPO to the MK Roms and I have a feeling WB won't put that much effort in this.

It would be great if I could play against people in the States tough.

X820

Noob
ZAQ said:
3sO was announce a looooong time before this.
I don't even care if it comes out this Summer as long as it is good.
Agreed.

I sure hope they will do more then pile 3 games together with new select screens
They can leave stuff like spectator mode etc out as far as I'm concerned.
Just make decent netcode 1vs1, possibly upscaled graphics and I'll be very happy.

Edit:

Wouldn't it be great if you could play (decent) 2vs2 in UMK3 like with nwo's unlocker?