What's new

SNES UMK3 Sheeva sprite.

Kaiba

Noob
I don't know if anyone else has seen it but I just got it on video(while working on something else). Sheeva in the SNES port of UMK3 is well known but when I did a fatality, HER ACTUAL SPRITE appeared. Has anyone else seen this happen?

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
good shit. hadn't seen it before :)
loved the blue kung lao. if u want, I can use that for my coming snes vid...pm if you're interested.

Kaiba

Noob
To add on to what I found, I now have a babality glitch where the baby sheeva sprite appears. I will upload on youtube later and post the link.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
So what's the deal... they actually just removed Sheeva's stance and attack graphics and left the rest in??? They must have cut things down REALLY close to the cartridge space limit if they're taking out like 5/8 of a character!

BustaUppa said:
So what's the deal... they actually just removed Sheeva's stance and attack graphics and left the rest in??? They must have cut things down REALLY close to the cartridge space limit if they're taking out like 5/8 of a character!
lol i don't even think they could use like 24 megs

dreemernj

Ambassador
For SNES they had to keep cutting stuff until UMK3 was the same size as MK3. They are both 4MB. Once they decided to cut her from the roster, they probably cut the biggest parts of her and looked to see what they had. Fatality and bablity frames were probably stored elsewhere in the game and would have required more effort to go through and sort out.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The games were mega "bits" meaning divide by 8 and you get the MB the carts held.

They could have used all their memory and speed expansions that came out towards the end of SNES and spent a lot of money to remake all the MK games a LOT better than they were, but it would have been a waste.

marv

Noob
I never played UMK3 on SNES. Sheeva really wasn't visible throughout the entire fight? If so, that's kind of fucked up.
Not just kind of, really. She wasn't in the game, but wasn't completely removed, and you can play as her with random select on the secret L+R mode as a glitch.