What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

I might not add much to the discussion but I'd like to get it off my chest. I wasted around 10 millions in the krypt so far, and I stil didn't get maskless Skarlet. The only item I really want from this mode. RIP

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
I might not add much to the discussion but I'd like to get it off my chest. I wasted around 10 millions in the krypt so far, and I stil didn't get maskless Skarlet. The only item I really want from this mode. RIP
I feel your pain. I have all of her outfits, that I like the most, but I'm still missing the maskless headpiece. (Well... and I still need that godlike Kold War Skin. Hopefully we will be able to buy it at some point. I met someone with that skin yesterday. Jealous af lol)

It's kinda stupid, that there is no option to directly buy or grind towards the outfit/accessoires you want the most. (Apart from the random ass shop ofc...)

Darumm

Noob
Works against scorpion teleport, if timed with his startup. But you can't rely on it. Teleport is too fast to react to
This is probably the character turning to face scorpion from the other side before the Parry being active.

I was testing Skarlet's options agains Scorpion's teleport and found this:
You can punish tele and amp tele with 212 (I could do it a fair amount of times, but not consistently enough for a match, I suspect my skill level is the limiting factor, but I'm not sure)
You can U2 after flawless blocking tele and amp tele, although you can get hit by the second hit of amp tele if you input U2 after flawless blocking the first hit a bit late
You can actually kounter the teleport with 124 when Scorpion appears behind you, but trying it in an actual match is a good way to throw the game :p

I plan to do a video with those options when I get home

Who do you think is better or more versatile overall between the zoners? I really cannot feel Noob, playing him makes me think the character is half finished, he just feels meh despite the hype surrounding him. Cetrion seems to be very good but Cetrion mains cry for buffs and that she should have no gaps in her strings lol. Skarlet feels the most fun but is easy to flawless block...but then we can always shorten the strings, go into parry or use the tentacle. Having a character crisis atm as an old Ermac / Sonya main. Sonya's buttons are so stubby and i do not play top tiers in nrs game since nrs kills them off quickly. So I am torn between blood, fire and ice i guess

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Hmmm, maybe, but I definitely notice the range difference.

IMO, 3 is a viable neutral/AA tool.

I agree that I definitely use F2 and 21 more, overall
I usually use F2 as a whiff punish when I get the chance. Its special cancellable so using BF2 right after is good to get health back but the timing is strict

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
You can, but you have to be super quick to do it otherwise they can block you.

I find it to be a very unsatisfying matchup, everything you have just leaves you wide open to taht damn punch. The whole match revolves around it. That's just obnoxious to me.
You’re just wrong. 124xxtongue is 100% a punish. Are you even watching their meter? If they don’t have bar, it’s one of the easiest punishes in the game. Even amplified, there’s plenty of time to punish.

Only hard part is the slight delay between tele and amp tele.

It’s a scrubby move, but it’s punishable. Have you landed it? Go record scorpion and do random tele and amp tele and practice blocking and punishing.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Who do you think is better or more versatile overall between the zoners? I really cannot feel Noob, playing him makes me think the character is half finished, he just feels meh despite the hype surrounding him. Cetrion seems to be very good but Cetrion mains cry for buffs and that she should have no gaps in her strings lol. Skarlet feels the most fun but is easy to flawless block...but then we can always shorten the strings, go into parry or use the tentacle. Having a character crisis atm as an old Ermac / Sonya main. Sonya's buttons are so stubby and i do not play top tiers in nrs game since nrs kills them off quickly. So I am torn between blood, fire and ice i guess
As a Cetrion player, I think she’s pretty damn good. She just requires solid reads. I would try them all out and decide who is the most fun. Noob, Cetrion, and Skarlet are all pretty solid characters in general so you can’t really make a bad choice there.

Question: I never see Skarlet players modify their combos to end in bf2+MB for some lifesteal when they're low on health. Any reason for this? I've been doing it and it seems to work well.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Are you guys using 3? To me the risk doesn’t seem worth it, it’s way too slow, but I’m no professional.

Also, people are starting to take advantage of the gaps in her strings, what do you do when they start interrupting your offense?

TBH I’m too reliant on 124 tentacle and F43 Tentacle, so I need for find ways to switch up my offense, any tips?
Three questions:

1. Has anyone found any kind of safe pressure with Skarlet's strings into any of her projectiles? What I mean is that each of the four (spit, ball, ground, tentacle) has different startup, pushback, and recovery. And her normals/strings are pretty varied in their range and pushback, as well. So I was wondering if there was anything resembling projectile pressure a la Guile/Ryu when combining certain normals and specials. I'll test this when I get home if nobody knows.

2. Does parry blow up Scorpion's teleport even if you get hit behind? Not sure it's a viable high-level strat, but I was thinking it could make my life online a bit less annoying.

3. Where can I get the damn Kold War skin?! ARGH!
Try F2 BF2AMP slight walk forward F2 BF2AMP. Baraka's F4 will blow this up but other characters will hold it. If it hits you're up 7% life each time

Question: I never see Skarlet players modify their combos to end in bf2+MB for some lifesteal when they're low on health. Any reason for this? I've been doing it and it seems to work well.
You’re probably seeing the other variation. That’s pretty much the go to ender for that variation.

How do y'all handle bunny hoppers? Like I know we have some good normals to swat people out of the air on their way in, but once they get in, get a knockdown, etc., and just keep hopping over your head and straight up and down or whatever, I start to struggle to consistently counter that "strategy." What are some go-to answers?

Elias6999

Mournful Master
How do y'all handle bunny hoppers? Like I know we have some good normals to swat people out of the air on their way in, but once they get in, get a knockdown, etc., and just keep hopping over your head and straight up and down or whatever, I start to struggle to consistently counter that "strategy." What are some go-to answers?
If they jump while you’re knocked down, try waking up with U2

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
U2 or delay wakeup

Also, I use 4 as my go-to anti-air.

E

Eldriken

I prefer doing f43~bf2 (amplified) when trying to get health back. It seems to leave you at a good advantage and distance to get in another f43.

I don't think it's guaranteed, but it's probably worth giving a shot every now and again. I've gotten 14% health back in a matter of seconds thanks to that. =D

I also never use amplified Cell Siphon for regaining health anymore because it so isn't worth the return. I amplify it to end rounds/matches instead for the extra damage.

On another note: I'm so glad I unlocked her db4 Brutality. I get that shit all day.