What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro vs Scorpion - What to do?

So I'm playing my friend who just picked up Scorpion and I can't do shit. For some reason if I hold down or if I hold back I am getting hit by Scorps teleport. You can't just sit and try to zone because you get hellfired or teleported on. Then his teleport goes right thru boulder on wake up. Can't do anything. Really annoying.

So I'm playing my friend who just picked up Scorpion and I can't do shit. For some reason if I hold down or if I hold back I am getting hit by Scorps teleport. You can't just sit and try to zone because you get hellfired or teleported on. Then his teleport goes right thru boulder on wake up. Can't do anything. Really annoying.
Well One thing I've noticed is that you do NOT do boulder at all in this match, he'll teleport if he sees it coming and punish you hard. Another shitty thing about this matchup is that its almost impossible to charge trait (which as all Sinestro players know, it's extremely important to his game plan). If you get lucky enough to charge it up it helps the match a bit but not a whole lot. What I've been doing is baiting the teleport, going to 22 shackles b3 and do your combo ender (I recommend 1b23 if you want to attempt the vortex) but basically don't try zoning as hard as that may be. I just attempt to fight back, using his high low mix-up of f2d13 and his overhead b213. I faced a lot of Scorpions today and lost a lot and it was annoying and it is def a virtually unwinnable match for Sinestro but you can have moments to fight back. All you can do is be VERY patient, I'm hitting the lab to try to learn the match-up more :/

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
I've been in Training Room for a good 2 hours and I concur this is what you should do to beat Scorpion as Sinestro!

Step 1. Pick Sinestro
Step 2. Pick the Stage
Step 3. Put the Controller down and watch as you beat Scorpion!(In your dreams, which are filled with salt).

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I've been in Training Room for a good 2 hours and I concur this is what you should do to beat Scorpion as Sinestro!

Step 1. Pick Sinestro
Step 2. Pick the Stage
Step 3. Put the Controller down and watch as you beat Scorpion!(In your dreams, which are filled with salt).
Step 1. Pick Someone Else
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit?

This match up is really fucked up that's all I can say if u try 2 zone him he can full combo u with a mb tp and vortex time start
U can't use ur trait which is the most important thing for sinestro
I probably say its like 7-3 8-2
For me I'll say 8-2
But its still a day 1
We'll have 2 wait

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
This match up is really fucked up that's all I can say if u try 2 zone him he can full combo u with a mb tp and vortex time start
U can't use ur trait which is the most important thing for sinestro
I probably say its like 7-3 8-2
For me I'll say 8-2
But its still a day 1
We'll have 2 wait

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk
Isn't this day 2 going on 3?
Match up is probably closer to 10-0:joker:(jk)

Fromundaman

I write too much.
While I admittedly don't have a huge amount of experience in this matchup, Scorpion seems really unsafe on a lot of his moves. I found that the best way to play this MU was to go against all instincts and never zone or charge trait, instead focusing on trying to bait and punish.

That being said this MU definitely feels shitty and I'm glad I was already learning a secondary.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Play up close scrubs...im tired of people who stick to one gameplan. If it's free up close then ponder counter picking.

Comments like "uh you lose" or "you cant sit at fullscreen chuckin shit so don't try it" only promote ya'll to suck and to have an excuse for it.

I don't care what Sinestro's strong points or weaknesses are, just fucking play the damn game. Sub zeros best game was poking and baiting behind ice clone, controlling the stage. That game was blown up so badly by Cyrax due to bombs and net, but still we saw Brady regularly beat top Cyraxs at tournaments.

How about playing Sinestro a different way? You one dimensional motherfuckas.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
You can easily punish a blocked teleport with 11-shackles and you can jump hellfire on reaction. So your best option is crouch and play a game of wait and rush.

Well One thing I've noticed is that you do NOT do boulder at all in this match, he'll teleport if he sees it coming and punish you hard. Another shitty thing about this matchup is that its almost impossible to charge trait (which as all Sinestro players know, it's extremely important to his game plan). If you get lucky enough to charge it up it helps the match a bit but not a whole lot. What I've been doing is baiting the teleport, going to 22 shackles b3 and do your combo ender (I recommend 1b23 if you want to attempt the vortex) but basically don't try zoning as hard as that may be. I just attempt to fight back, using his high low mix-up of f2d13 and his overhead b213. I faced a lot of Scorpions today and lost a lot and it was annoying and it is def a virtually unwinnable match for Sinestro but you can have moments to fight back. All you can do is be VERY patient, I'm hitting the lab to try to learn the match-up more :/

boulder is -42 LOL

You can easily punish a blocked teleport with 11-shackles and you can jump hellfire on reaction. So your best option is crouch and play a game of wait and rush.

... 11 shackles does not punish a non mb tele. 11 whiffs. just d2, b23 shackles for now until we figure out a larger punish.

and wait and rush? no man.

Play up close scrubs...im tired of people who stick to one gameplan. If it's free up close then ponder counter picking.

Comments like "uh you lose" or "you cant sit at fullscreen chuckin shit so don't try it" only promote ya'll to suck and to have an excuse for it.

I don't care what Sinestro's strong points or weaknesses are, just fucking play the damn game. Sub zeros best game was poking and baiting behind ice clone, controlling the stage. That game was blown up so badly by Cyrax due to bombs and net, but still we saw Brady regularly beat top Cyraxs at tournaments.

How about playing Sinestro a different way? You one dimensional motherfuckas.

remember... he has a safe db that has the hit box of an arachnoid. u cannot back dash and whiff punish it either.

and lol at ice clone if it was in this game... tele doesn't hit in front of u and its +9

regulas

Your Emporer
Teleport is easily punishable. Also keep in mind that Scorp has very limited overhead selection, you can basically just always block low and deal with overheads as the come. It takes some study first but is very doable.

In fact a LOT of what scorp does is punishable most of his low and overhead hitting abilities have lots of negative frames.

The main thing is of course is that you cannot use any of your ranged moves, rather you just want to block and punish.

Question: MB FB won't change direction if he has already teleported when you activate it?

Teleport is easily punishable. Also keep in mind that Scorp has very limited overhead selection, you can basically just always block low and deal with overheads as the come. It takes some study first but is very doable.

In fact a LOT of what scorp does is punishable most of his low and overhead hitting abilities have lots of negative frames.

The main thing is of course is that you cannot use any of your ranged moves, rather you just want to block and punish.

Question: MB FB won't change direction if he has already teleported when you activate it?
B2 is faster than f3... done right its hard to see

and mb fb DOES NOT auto correct. when he teleports... u cannot even trait him on reaction. the teleport his nearly instant. there is a small gap but its to small to react too. regardless, it would hit anything in startup frames so u have to block it.