What's new

General/Other Sinestro is done.

When he MB teleports I push block (trade bar for bar)

I punish the other teleports always ending in shackles to a cross up setup or trait. W trait sinestro controls the match but until then scorpion completely dictates the speed of the match

Honestly I rush him down

Idk what the MU is but I wanna play perfect legend scorpion tomorrow
Play Carl man. But u just said it. U have to rush him down. I agree. But that's not sinestros full game. Frost is the best vs scorp bc u can slow him down. Keep in mind he has a safe dp that is pretty much arachnoid only safer. U cannot even whiff punish it if u backdash it.

U cannot even use trait on reaction to the teleport

The tele is full screen, unreactable (u have to anticipate it). Scorp is never cornered. Always safe and mobile. And u can't jump vs him. Ever

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Go play a real scorpion and say that again. This isn't a 6-4 or even 7-3. And keep in mind matchups only matter when it talking about the best players. Mediocre players use matchups as an excuse.
I never said this was a 6-4 or 7-3 I was just saying we need to have a better attitude. New tech will come out to make this an easier fight.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
agree but i know an amazing character when i see one. ask PL to play. let me know what you come up with.
No doubt Scorpion looks broken, but we brought Sinestro from the ashes to being a solid character by hard work in the lab. If we can do that then we can find a way to knock Scorpion down a peg or two. I agree Scorpion though looks ridiculously good.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sinestro players, I love you guys (and this isn't directed at Pig or Wound, since they're being fair nowdays and learning all matchups regardless) but, I don't see you guys advocating and complaining on behalf of the several characters that get stuffed out by Sinesto's zoning + interactibles and have a hard time mounting any kind of offense against him.

So now that the shoe is on the other foot -- you should probably be just as silent and play the game :)

Just stopped by to say this real quick, was watching the levelup stream, DS vs batgirl, aris loses about 80% of his first bar to batgirls teleports and shit isn't looking good at all. Then you know what he did? He started baiting them out, and he ended up winning that match, and the entire set.

Not saying the match-up is the same by any means, but he adapted mid-match to something everyone has been calling a bad match-up and made the batgirl player look like a complete idiot(no offense to whoever he was). So many players lose at the character select screen and it's because of this attitude. Maybe because I've been playing grapplers for over a decade now I learnt at an early age to just deal with bad match-ups, but yea, just had to post that.

EDIT: Is the sinestro grundy match-up that bad? I've literally never played a sinestro, but on paper it doesn't seem that bad. I mean sure sinestro bodied grundy from full screen, but unlike black adam and superman grundy win's the up close game pretty handily. Plus Sinestro doesn't seem like he has very good mobility, and WCC pretty much ensures that when grundy gets a knockdown sinestro is going to have to eat a mix-up.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Play Carl man. But u just said it. U have to rush him down. I agree. But that's not sinestros full game. Frost is the best vs scorp bc u can slow him down. Keep in mind he has a safe dp that is pretty much arachnoid only safer. U cannot even whiff punish it if u backdash it.

U cannot even use trait on reaction to the teleport

The tele is full screen, unreactable (u have to anticipate it). Scorp is never cornered. Always safe and mobile. And u can't jump vs him. Ever
Ok i just played Carl (perfect legend)

Results?

Im currently learning a completely different character. If you guys think socrpion is winnable w sinestro for christ f ing sakes play his scorpion.

And cool it w the "he's probably just a better player" we go even in MK (i beat his lao more and his rai beats me more) and i destroy his batman and adam but his doomsday beats me more cause its the best. we train all the time.

But this f ing MU is unbelievable, I miss playing against 16 bit's frost compared to this shit

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ok i just played Carl (perfect legend)

Results?

Im currently learning a completely different character. If you guys think socrpion is winnable w sinestro for christ f ing sakes play his scorpion.

And cool it w the "he's probably just a better player" we go even in MK (i beat his lao more and his rai beats me more) and i destroy his batman and adam but his doomsday beats me more cause its the best. we train all the time.

But this f ing MU is unbelievable, I miss playing against 16 bit's frost compared to this shit

My new main that I don't yet have makin' you salty? lol...

JK. This game is fucked up all around.

RIF

Noob
Pig, I respect your opinion, and agree 100%. (BTW...ty for the Batman tips, those really helped! :cool:)

I think this is his toughest match-up. Yes, it's early, and I am sure there's some tech that needs to be developed to combat him, but I don't see it being better than 7-3.

Even brain-dead Scorpion players give me all kinds of fits with just jump-tele with a random hellfire. I am not even sure you can bait it out. I can't get a second to charge trait. You can't really beat him up close. Scorpion has pretty damn good footsies. You can't FB. You can't shackle. You can't IE. You're forced to go toe to toe, and his attacks SEEM to outrange Sinestro's. Everything you do is punishable. Everything.

This may sound like salt, but this has soured me on the game a bit. I only really like 2-3 characters (Sinestro, Joker, Green Arrow), and of them, only Green Arrow does 'ok' against Scorpion.

The Sinestro-Grundy match-up is about 6-4 and is far more winnable for the Grundy player than Sinestro-Scorpion is for the Sinestro player.

Pig, I respect your opinion, and agree 100%. (BTW...ty for the Batman tips, those really helped! :cool:)

I think this is his toughest match-up. Yes, it's early, and I am sure there's some tech that needs to be developed to combat him, but I don't see it being better than 7-3.

Even brain-dead Scorpion players give me all kinds of fits with just jump-tele with a random hellfire. I am not even sure you can bait it out. I can't get a second to charge trait. You can't really beat him up close. Scorpion has pretty damn good footsies. You can't FB. You can't shackle. You can't IE. You're forced to go toe to toe, and his attacks SEEM to outrange Sinestro's. Everything you do is punishable. Everything.

This may sound like salt, but this has soured me on the game a bit. I only really like 2-3 characters (Sinestro, Joker, Green Arrow), and of them, only Green Arrow does 'ok'.

The Sinestro-Grundy match-up is about 6-4 and is far more winnable for the Grundy player than Sinestro-Scorpion is for the Sinestro player.
I agree with this post. I usually find ways to fight back against Sinestro's bad match ups but damn. I faced countless brain-dead Scorpions today that did nothing but random teleports and I just couldn't do a thing. Theirs practically zero time to charge up trait and rushing down against him is risky as hell. The only time I was able to fight back was when I used my other mains (green arrow and Shazam). I'm not trying to complain but damn lol I guess I gotta hit the lab harder and try to find some tactics because I hate counter picking I want to stick with my Sinestro lol.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I faced 5-6 different scorpions with sinestro today... didn't have too much of a problem. I blocked 90% of the teleports and punished with a full combo. When they noticed that the teleport just wasn't worth it they would try to dash/jump in on me and thats when I let the fireballs, meteors, and shackles go.
Granted, these were scrubs... BUT... I am in no way shape or form playing Sinestro at the highest level, so it can't be THAT bad can it?
3-7 at worst would be my guess.

RIF

Noob
I agree with this post. I usually find ways to fight back against Sinestro's bad match ups but damn. I faced countless brain-dead Scorpions today that did nothing but random teleports and I just couldn't do a thing. Theirs practically zero time to charge up trait and rushing down against him is risky as hell. The only time I was able to fight back was when I used my other mains (green arrow and Shazam). I'm not trying to complain but damn lol I guess I gotta hit the lab harder and try to find some tactics because I hate counter picking I want to stick with my Sinestro lol.

I think what seemed to be working was some mixture of the following:

- Waiting for the TP and blocking by pressing only down
- After a few of these, the Scorpion player begins to use Hellfire
- I NJ and punish wish shackles or well...anything

One of 2 things starts happening:

- They start doing JI3 which crosses-up...a lot
OR
- The come in and start using his low combo starter which I think doesn't do great damage

Now if I try to anti-air with D2, then air-tp me into a combo during the recovery. It's a guessing game.

I think this has been the only flowchart of things that seems to help. I am sure none of this works against a competent player that is using all of Scorpion's tools in rapid succession, but maybe there is something a better player can figure out that we can apply to this match-up. I just don't see Sinestro's best tools, Trait and FB having any place in this fight.

I also noticed that sometimes, Arachnid will beat the TP attack clean.

I faced 5-6 different scorpions with sinestro today... didn't have too much of a problem. I blocked 90% of the teleports and punished with a full combo. When they noticed that the teleport just wasn't worth it they would try to dash/jump in on me and thats when I let the fireballs, meteors, and shackles go.
Granted, these were scrubs... BUT... I am in no way shape or form playing Sinestro at the highest level, so it can't be THAT bad can it?
3-7 at worst would be my guess.
I'm glad you figured out the match. I think everyone else is up playing scorpion tooo much.