What's new

Strategy Sinestro d2 arachnid on block = Kenshi d1 shoulder and more stuff

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
First new discovery

I have a LARGE amount of stuff to post and discuss coming from 5 days at UFGT but one thing I found playing Tom and ribbz I believe was frost/aqua cannot punish d2 xx arachnid

So 11 frame start up w push back that ends in a safe situation. Here are are some key moves I found that could not punish it

Lantern b1
Lantern lift

Frost 11
Frost slide

NW normals

Aqua b1

Basically any 8 frame special or 6-9 frame normal due to pushback

Also I think the frame data is wrong on arachnid being -12

Lets explore this use

Second thing to explore and discuss (credit PLAYING TO W1N )

Using 1b23

On hit it sets up a perfect dash ambiguous cross up attempt w ji1 just like J360 found w DS sword flip

On block its +5 so after ending combos w ji2 d1 reset u can do 1b23 and after block its again +5 setting up a d1 check, or a free throw , b13 is they dash back , or b213 etc

I'd like us to explore this as well and find the best options

Third thing to explore:

Frost is +20 off a trait charge cancel , it's blistering retarded and broken. We noticed that sinestro standing 3xxtrait charge completely removes the last few frames of standing 3 recovery

We should all do some testing w this and exploration

WoundCowboy
SomeCubanGuy
JHCRANE 14
Under_The_Mayo
PLAYING TO W1N
legion666 :)

First new discovery

I have a LARGE amount of stuff to post and discuss coming from 5 days at UFGT but one thing I found playing Tom and ribbz I believe was frost/aqua cannot punish d2 xx arachnid

So 11 frame start up w push back that ends in a safe situation. Here are are some key moves I found that could not punish it

Lantern b1
Lantern lift

Frost 11
Frost slide

NW normals

Aqua b1

Basically any 8 frame special or 6-9 frame normal due to pushback

Also I think the frame data is wrong on arachnid being -12

Lets explore this use

Second thing to explore and discuss (credit PLAYING TO W1N )

Using 1b23

On hit it sets up a perfect dash ambiguous cross up attempt w ji1 just like J360 found w DS sword flip

On block its +5 so after ending combos w ji2 d1 reset u can do 1b23 and after block its again +5 setting up a d1 check, or a free throw , b13 is they dash back , or b213 etc

I'd like us to explore this as well and find the best options

Third thing to explore:

Frost is +20 off a trait charge cancel , it's blistering regarded and broken. We noticed that sinestro standing 3xxtrait charge completely removes the last few frames of standing 3 recovery

We should all do some testing w this and exploration

WoundCowboy
SomeCubanGuy
@jhcrane14
Under_The_Mayo
PLAYING TO W1N
That's awesome.:)
So still no one tagging me in threads regarding Sinestro's tech. The Corps refuses to recognize me as a member:(? I guess I should just move to Grundy forums now:(

RYX

BIG PUSHER
+20 on a trait cancel.

I'm at a loss for words.

I don't know who to put first to maining, Joker or Sinestro ;_;

Lol I was planning on asking p2w about sinestro trait cancels too. Figured that if frost could do them, why not sinestro?

Im playing with it in training mode now though, looks like he becomes more negative off everything with trait cancels, sucks for you guys :(

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
That's awesome.:)
So still no one tagging me in threads regarding Sinestro's tech. The Corps refuses to recognize me as a member:(? I guess I should just move to Grundy forums now:(
I should have included you in my new post as well, sorry. You are definitely a valued member of the CORE;)

don't forget the FREE TRAIT CHARGE when finishing a combo/full screen shenanigans with trait lol i know Pig posted something about that earlier but its just that important that i want to remind u guys..

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I just tested it and Arachnid is -9.

It's not punishable by 10f moves like Joker's Acid Blossom or Green Lantern's Lift. But punishable by Joker's b1 and GL's f1 (9f startup).
Isn't b13 -9 on block. If so canceling a blocked b13 into arachnid could have some viability.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
flash can punish with 21 MB sonic pound into trait for 60% :) never do arachnid on a good cage...er i mean flash.

haketh

Noob
flash can punish with 21 MB sonic pound into trait for 60% :) never do arachnid on a good cage...er i mean flash.
Why the hell do people think this character is bad? Whats the startup and recovery on trait? Adn does he have anything that goes through fear blast and gives him a combo?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Why the hell do people think this character is bad? Whats the startup and recovery on trait? Adn does he have anything that goes through fear blast and gives him a combo?
he can pounish fear blast with charge, and its 20 seconds with a lot of glitches that extend the time on it :(

LEGEND

YES!
Btw, you can MB F3 through the gap between D2 and Arachnid

D1-Arachnid doesn't have that gap though, but of course D1 has much less range than D2 and so it will still be punishable by alot of moves

Pig Of The Hut

I just tested it and Arachnid is -9.

It's not punishable by 10f moves like Joker's Acid Blossom or Green Lantern's Lift. But punishable by Joker's b1 and GL's f1 (9f startup).
do it at mid to max range of d2 arachnid

not standing on thier feet

Pig Of The Hut

Btw, you can MB F3 through the gap between D2 and Arachnid

D1-Arachnid doesn't have that gap though, but of course D1 has much less range than D2 and so it will still be punishable by alot of moves
still viable though cause u can b3 mb lantern b12 and b13 and its still good too