What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
They really didn't buff sindel. They just took the handcuffs off her.

A buff would be armor or speed up one of her attacks like up 4.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

i felt the exact same way when the patch finally dropped on ps3. but i didnt want to say anything cuz i was afraid of being called an ungrateful "scrub" :(

her b1 is too slow to be effective even as a low PLUS its ridiculous scaling.... and she still dies from ANYONES rush down

Husteen

Noob.
If you notice your opponent has a breaker your only options are hair whip, fireball, sweep, or xray. It's stupid that her yell can be broken but even if it couldn't it would just do 1% and they'd break the next hit. =\

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
It still can be broken.

I didn't realize that it could be broken. Why tho. That's one move that I think in my opinion shouldn't be stopped with a breaker. Its a stun move not necessarily a actual hit on the opponent. Although they can just break the next move after the scream. Smh.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Delriach

Sindelly
Is the instant fireball worth doing?
Are you referring to the instant air fireball? Of course it's worth doing. It's the first thing a Sindel player should ever learn how to do reliably. Once you learn that, you can move onto flight instant air fireballs.

Instant air fireballs are an absolute must.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Are you referring to the instant air fireball? Of course it's worth doing. It's the first thing a Sindel player should ever learn how to do reliably. Once you learn that, you can move onto flight instant air fireballs.

They are a must! That's her best offense for when a player is coming to close in. If it lands it give u a chance to escape and zone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Instant Air Fireballs
Instant Flight Air Fireballs
Instant Flight Cancel

They're all very important to playing Sindel and everyone needs to learn them in order to be effective.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
It still can be broken.

And yes it's so nice to now be able to counter parries with the scream. I just did it vs a CSZ teleport into parry.
Cage's x-ray still works against it right? I'm pretty sure I got hit by it after throwing out a scream.

Husteen

Noob.
Cage's x-ray still works against it right? I'm pretty sure I got hit by it after throwing out a scream.
i know hair whip beats cage's xray so yell probably will, too. since learning the properties of jc's xray, i'm wondering if a full distance B3 will beat it as well.

sindel literally has two fireballs but i consider her having... like 8 lol.
standard
low
full jump far
full jump close
instant air standard
instant air close
instant levitate

if done as early as possible, her instant air fireballs might rival the recovery of kano's knives.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax

Ok. I was going to go into some combos, but I can do that first.

Delriach

Sindelly
i know hair whip beats cage's xray so yell probably will, too. since learning the properties of jc's xray, i'm wondering if a full distance B3 will beat it as well.
It depends on the range. At close range, hair whip will always lose to Cage's x-ray. The same goes for scream and projectiles (even if you're in the air). Stand next to a blocking Cage and press 4 once. That is the range you want to be at if you're thinking about using hair whip or scream as a counter to his X-ray. If you are standing right next to Cage when he activates his x-ray you can full dash back and do scream. However, you will still get hit by the counter if Cage activates his X-ray from dash distance since he leans forward. Just wait a second until he's vulnerable. Then you can attack.

There is no way a normal move like B3 will ever beat his Xray when it's active. The move is specifically designed to counter strikes. So unless there's some sort of weird property I'm not aware of, it won't work. Of course, if the strike hits after Cage says "come on" then you're good to go.

Visual aid:

Added note:

I mentioned this in the video but I might as well include it here too. Don't bother trying to beat the move. Just do a full combo punish when he's vulnerable. You'll get more damage that way. I can't imagine why anyone would use hair whip at all.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
It depends on the range. At close range, hair whip will always lose to Cage's x-ray. The same goes for scream and projectiles (even if you're in the air). Stand next to a blocking Cage and press 4 once. That is the range you want to be at if you're thinking about using hair whip or scream as a counter to his X-ray. If you are standing right next to Cage when he activates his x-ray you can full dash back and do scream. However, you will still get hit by the counter if Cage activates his X-ray from dash distance since he leans forward. Just wait a second until he's vulnerable. Then you can attack.

There is no way a normal move like B3 will ever beat his Xray when it's active. The move is specifically designed to counter strikes. So unless there's some sort of weird property I'm not aware of, it won't work. Of course, if the strike hits after Cage says "come on" then you're good to go.
couldnt remember if she got caught in cages xray before or after the "come on taunt" when she used a special against him. its good to know u can punish him if a player throws out a random xray. thanks for the refresh of the memory. lol.

Delriach

Sindelly
here's that explanation of JC's xray. here you'll see why i think a full spaced B3 could beat it.

So the range thing applies to actual strikes too. I never connected the logic together but that does make sense I guess. Not really something I'd consider useful.

At the Fighter x Shooter qualifier, 16bit's Kitana beat Cage's x-ray with a d1. It was for a different reason though if I recall.

Husteen

Noob.
So the range thing applies to actual strikes too. I never connected the logic together but that does make sense I guess. Not really something I'd consider useful.

At the Fighter x Shooter qualifier, 16bit's Kitana beat Cage's x-ray with a d1. It was for a different reason though if I recall.
it's just nice to know i can throw a ranged hair whip or yell on JC's wakeup and beat his xray. i agree, if you have the chance just use B3, F2. though, i find JC's are stubborn with their xray. some only use it if they see you jump and some don't use it at all!
yell also beats his wakeup shadow flip kick.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's not a reset. People need to stop using the word reset loosely. Reset is what cyrax was doing with his bomb traps. I think he still can bleh.

If something can be blocked then it's not a reset. It's just a mix up.
It IS a reset.

RESET = Ending a combo prematurely in lieu of a setup for another combo.

If you end the combo with f12 then dash up and do b12 it will hit them if they do ANYTHING but block. You even get a free throw if you time it right. They can't duck or jump out of it, they have to break the throw which sets up 1~scream if you are willing to take a risk on a read.

The Cyrax reset is more of a damage reset because it is unavoidable and still the same combo.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
The difference between a standard reset and a reset like Cyrax's is that his was actually an unblockable damage reset, causing the combo to start over in a in-escapable way. A traditional reset, one like Noob's portal > shadow tackle reset or Sindel's f+1,2 > Dash > b+1,2 is something that can be escaped, but if done correctly just starts a new combo instead of finishing the other one. And how you reset changes in some games, in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 a lot of characters could reset their combos by doing an air combo and then half way through the combo, while still in the air, they would crossover or underneath the opponent and just switch the way they were blocking by making it look like the same combo, thus resetting the damage and combo proration.

EDIT: I added more to the combo guide yesterday, I'm going out for a bit but I'll work on it more when I get home. It's getting close to being finished, so it probably won't be more then a few days. I hope to get it done by Thursday, Saturday at the latest. My brother-in-law and I are going to start on the punishment guide this week as well, following that is going to be a reset and fireball setup tutorial which should be done in about two weeks.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
[MENTION=68]Konqrr[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2877]Urichinan[/MENTION]

Good points, I didnt think of the word reset properly. Doesn't mean guaranteed hits but an attempt to reset the combo. Hence reset combos, got it. I just hate that word I guess.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Dang people, it's been a whole day since anyone posted anything! Where are you guys, don't tell me your actually living a REAL LIFE! That's impossible! =)

I've been messing around with some resets and I think I'll be getting that video out before the punishment guide.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Dang people, it's been a whole day since anyone posted anything! Where are you guys, don't tell me your actually living a REAL LIFE! That's impossible! =)

I've been messing around with some resets and I think I'll be getting that video out before the punishment guide.
Anyway, I'm waiting for more strat videos. :)

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Well, here's a quick reset into anti-wakeup fireball:

JIP > b+3,f+2 > Dash > b+1,2 > Dash > 1 > Scream > JIP > f+1,2 > Dash > b+1,2 (Reset) > Dash > 3,1 > Scream > JIP > 3,1,1 > Levitate > High Fireball (31%+21%+2% for a total of 54% meterless)

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
oooo i liked your sindel. nice zoning, 44 combos, and reactions!
i wish online was good =/
thank you :)

of course that was just a taste ;) lol i messed so many simple things up it gnaws at me when rewatching that footage. but hey what can you do: it is online after all