What's new

Strategy Sindel ~ General Strategies/INFO/Questions

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Can someone possibly give me a link to Sindel using flight cancel during combos? I feel like I'm doing it wrong. Perfect Legend suggested it if I want to do complicated stuff.

Delriach

Sindelly
If you're cornered you can use U4.
Yeah, that's good info to know. I never learned the proper timing for it ;(

For the video though, I just wanted to show that she can't completely rely on the hair whip strategy since it won't work in the corner. You'll have to use a different method to avoid or beat out the stomp.

Edit:

Lol, the timing is really simple from what I just tried. You just can't do it too early or too late. It won't hit Sheeva if she does the front stomp [Edit: nevermind, it does]. It does hit her if she uses the back stomp and the neutral one. I wonder if Sindel can be punished after a whiffed U4 if Sheeva tele's in front of her.

Edit 2:

Actually, she can get hit out of the front one too but you have to delay the timing until right before she lands. Same for the back one. My reaction times really suck lol.

Another edit:

Lol, I was able to 44 her front/back stomp and follow up with 1 ex scream. Seems risky but that's kinda cool I guess. If you time it wrong though Sindel will just fly into the stomp.

Edit 4:

Anyone have strategies that they like to use? A simple neutral jump punch should work for everyone. Sindel can do a fireball afterward too. Same for a jump back kick. U4 works great for a neutral stomp. If the other two whiff I don't think Sindel is at a disadvantage. You'll prolly have to block immediately after the animation. I'm using two controllers by myself so it's not exactly easy to see what's possible.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
You should of put this in the matchup thread. We already have too many threads.

But on the topic of the thread, this stuff looks hilarious and it's actually kind of useful. I'm still trying to find something that will lead to a combo, but it's tough to find a move that won't get stuffed by the stomp.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Dan, the only really safe string to do flight that leads to her double fireball (you have to be in full flight mode for it to work) is 311. If you try it any other time, you will be hit or even hit with a 32%+ combo by Kitana lol

It's useful, but near impossible to setup.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Can someone possibly give me a link to Sindel using flight cancel during combos? I feel like I'm doing it wrong. Perfect Legend suggested it if I want to do complicated stuff.
If you can wait a bit I'll put together a video for you real quick.

EDIT: Konqrr, I tried out other setups in training mode for the anti-wake up Fireball like off of 3,1,1 and it also works off of f+3, 2,1,2 and 2,1,b+3. You have to do it as soon as possible, but they're forced to block it, however I'm not going to say this is 100% true because training mode is really glitchy. >_>

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
let me know of anything i need to correct here
*snip
Dan, you should not list strings that you can combo into a normal scream in the section about :en scream. It's not necessary even though they are possible.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Dan, you should not list strings that you can combo into a normal scream in the section about :en scream. It's not necessary even though they are possible.
Actually, you should just take that section out and I'll add it to the combo guide. That kind of stuff is more useful there.

Delriach

Sindelly
It seems NJP would be easier to do consistently and you can combo off of it.
That is true. There are a lot of options to avoid her stomp. You would be able to land a scream after a NJP too. What I like about hair whip is that it can't be tech rolled out of so it does limit Sheeva's wake up game too.

Delriach

Sindelly
I did a quick video to show the 311 flight cancel fireball tactic that Konqrr told us about. It looks like I was partially right about my combo working. the b3f2, scream, b3f2 311 only works if you're nearing the corner. If it's from full screen the training dummy can still do a wake up. I could be doing the cancel too late but even if it is possible it's too strict. Against certain characters that shouldn't stop you from using it though.

I showed a few situations where the 311 FIAF works in combo situations. It's basically just to show people what it's like. I'm not exactly sure if I would use that one corner combo against someone like Reptile.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
How do you guys feel about u+4 as an anti-air? Because I just found a bunch of follow-up combos from using it against jump ins.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
How do you guys feel about u+4 as an anti-air? Because I just found a bunch of follow-up combos from using it against jump ins.
i actually never opt to use Up4 as an anti-air where Yell would be viable as well. but Up4 is also a viable anti-air though i think Yell landing would lead to better set-up options but by all means please share :p in the corner Up4 is useful to stop cross-ups if you predict them

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I did a quick video to show the 311 flight cancel fireball tactic that Konqrr told us about. It looks like I was partially right about my combo working. the b3f2, scream, b3f2 311 only works if you're nearing the corner. If it's from full screen the training dummy can still do a wake up. I could be doing the cancel too late but even if it is possible it's too strict. Against certain characters that shouldn't stop you from using it though.

I showed a few situations where the 311 FIAF works in combo situations. It's basically just to show people what it's like. I'm not exactly sure if I would use that one corner combo against someone like Reptile.

Thanks, but is flight cancel needed for that? Couldn't you just jump and use projectile quickly?

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Thanks, but is flight cancel needed for that? Couldn't you just jump and use projectile quickly?
yes it's needed. its faster- without the flight cancel sindel goes into the full 3 1 1 animation and you cant shoot the iaFB fast enough to stuff the wake-up

P.s. Thanks for the video Del: anyone having issues triggering the Levi-Cancel Fireball; buffer the Levitate into 3 1 1 (press Down Down). as soon as the last 1 of the chain hits (of 3 1 1 that is) hit Up and the Far Fireball. it should work easier... at least this is how i do it :p

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I've tried using it in matches before but had little success. What follow ups did you come up with?
I've never really tried it as an anti-air before, but I want to try it out some.

The follow-ups are height dependent, but some of them work no matter what.

After a REALLY low to the ground u+4 AA:

Step Up (16%)
Dash > Step Up works if they are a bit higher

After a mid-height u+4 AA:

Dash > d+4 > Hair Whip/Step Up (19%/18%)
Dash > d+4 > EX Scream

After a max-height u+4 AA:

Dash > 1 > Scream
Dash > EX Scream (Pretty much impossible in a real match)

Just using Step Up/Dash Step Up is good enough and nails you almost 20%. I've never had it miss so long as they aren't touching the ground when u+4 hits.

Delriach

Sindelly

If you do 311 on its own you have to deal with the recovery of that move first before you can even do a fireball. When you do a normal instant air fireball after a 311, the opponent would have already done a wake up because her projectile is still traveling on screen. The same applies to flight instant air fireball.

If you do 311 FIAF all at once you are canceling out of the recovery straight into the fireball without a delay. It all has to be done as one input basically.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Thanks Delriach. I mainly use it after a b12, ff~3~Scream, jps~311~iFAF because the damage is already heavily scaled. Seems to be good to use with b3f2 in the corner as well if you get 38% and eliminate wakeup. This needs to be fully tested against a human. Seems that Raiden could get out with his Bastard Teleport...

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Thanks Delriach. I mainly use it after a b12, ff~3~Scream, jps~311~iFAF because the damage is already heavily scaled. Seems to be good to use with b3f2 in the corner as well if you get 38% and eliminate wakeup. This needs to be fully tested against a human. Seems that Raiden could get out with his Bastard Teleport...
JIP > b+3,f+2 > Dash > b+1,2 > Dash > 1 > Scream > JIP > 3,1,1 does 36% and goes into the iFAF setup. sacrificing 2% damage and doing it mid-screen sounds pretty good too.

Doing it after b+1,2 is definitely better then just finishing the combo, I'd rather go for the setup and again, only sacrifice 2% damage and go into the zoning setup.

Delriach

Sindelly
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I could see myself using it against a Mileena. I typically use the B12 as a punish against her since it seems to work for me more often than not. The damage sucks but if I could eliminate her wakeup game that would be great.

Raiden has to be one of the dumbest matchups. At least fighting Smoke is fun because of the mind games. All logic is throw away against Raiden. I just close my eyes and pray for the best lol.