What's new

Since no one else will do it, I'll give it a try. XBL UMK3 Tournament!

It's limited to 16. Could have gone higher but I thought 16 was a good number.

Post your name here to enter and after 16 names are posted I will take them all down and RANDOMLY place them into brackets. If you know some website or program to randomize names fine, otherwise you'll have to trust me to pick them at random.

This will be a double-elimination tournament, best of 3 format. What that means is when you and your opponent play, the first one to win 2 games wins that bracket and moves on. The loser goes into the losers bracket for another shot. If you lose another best of 3 in the losers bracket - you're out.

In the end, the winner's bracket champion and the loser's bracket champion will face off to see who is the best.

Why best of 3? Cause I want this tourney to move FAST. Like in one weekend preferably. I also think doing a best of 3 makes you CARE about every match. In a best of 5 or best of 10 you may "take it easy" on your opponent, in a best of 3 you know every match is crucial so there's no messing around.

The times will be discussed here, and hopefully we can all come to an agreement on a good time for everyone. I'd like to knock this out in one weekend, hopefully next Weekend (first weekend in March). Fri-Sun with the winner being announced sometime Sunday.

I will update the brackets as soon as everyone registers. Then we will get to the whole setting up matches and everything.

I hope this is a success!

So then, everything is set. First 15 people to register get added. Post your names and lets do this.

If we can keep it contained to a certain timeframe consider me in. If it's one of those spend your weekend nights type of deals though someone else can have my spot.

Derek

Noob
I'll let you know when you have a certain date set aside. I don't want to say yes now and then not be able to play when you announce when they date is.