What's new

Simple But Deadly Combos: Raiden Edition

Im not good at complex combos with strict timing. This is why I play as Johnny Cage and Raiden.This thread is for 3 simple Raiden combos.

334, 334, 33 xx shocker, flying man or uppercut (only with enemy in corner)

-> 4, 334 xx flying man

<-312 xx Xray

These deal a good bit of damage while keeping it simple. What can I say, thats my style.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Im not good at complex combos with strict timing. This is why I play as Johnny Cage and Raiden.This thread is for 3 simple Raiden combos.

334, 334, 33 xx shocker, flying man or uppercut (only with enemy in corner)

-> 4, 334 xx flying man

<-312 xx Xray

These deal a good bit of damage while keeping it simple. What can I say, thats my style.
I like to keep it simple also. The fancy combos are not really practical in tournament setting or online. Here are my staple combos:

b3, 1, 2, dash, 3, 3, 4, Electric Fly - 8 hits 28% damage; definitely fits the simple but deadly requirement

JP (jump punch) 3, 3, 4, Electric Fly or Cross-Over Jump Punch, 3, 3, 4, Electric Fly

In the corner I like to do:

b3, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, d1f2, 3, 3, Electric Fly/X-Ray

My favorite punisher on blocked teleport punches and sky drop moves of all varieties is 3, 3, 4, Electric Fly.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Midscreen:
b312 dash 2 df2 b31 bf3 32%
334 du df2 b31 bf3 35%

Corner:
334 334 22 df2 121 bf3 37%

These are a bit trickier to pull off, but still pretty simple.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I came up with these two just now:
121 df2 b312 bf3 29%
121 df2 2 db2 dash 334 bf3 33%

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Corner X-ray:
334 22 db2 22 df2 33 X-ray 43% (I don't really like that one though, the X-ray combo above is midscreen and does higher damage)

Midscreen:
b312 dash 2 df2 2 db2 (b3) bf3 32% (34%)

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Anyone here who has the ability to record combos and has made some combo vids or clips that would like to help out with a big project, please PM me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

B W1zZ

Noob
Sometimes I just don't understand why Raiden players won't practice and use his higher damaging combos as BnB. Seeing someone doing B312 dash 334 superman makes me facepalm, because with a little more effort you can dish out more damage...and it adds up.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Sometimes I just don't understand why Raiden players won't practice and use his higher damaging combos as BnB. Seeing someone doing B312 dash 334 superman makes me facepalm, because with a little more effort you can dish out more damage...and it adds up.
It's because timing anything after a Shocker is extremely hard to do, so in a real match you don't want to take chances of dropping a combo and go for simpler, but reliable ones.

It's because timing anything after a Shocker is extremely hard to do, so in a real match you don't want to take chances of dropping a combo and go for simpler, but reliable ones.
It's not extremely hard to connect after a shocker. Maybe you just need to practice/stop playing online.

The only thing it's hard to time after a Shocker is 3, 3, 4, and that's because Raiden's standing 3 has a funky hitbox. Even Brady says it's sketchy. After a shocker, I usually go with f+2, vicinity blast, b+3, superman. I'll drop the b+3 most of the time online for only a 2% damage loss, and without that even a little lag is easy to compensate for.

Midscreen:
B312, >>, 1 DF2 ,1 DB2, >> 12, delayed BF3
(Haven't tried it in a while, so I'm not 100% sure if it still works. Not too hard, even online. Don't remember the damage)

Corner: SUPER EASY
43% - 19 hits - JP, 334, 2, 334, 1212, DF2, 1212, BF3

The only thing I've noticed online is that people don't use the 22B4 combo enough. If you don't use it the enemy rarely has reason to block low. using that keeps them honest.

REYTHEGREAT

Good point umkhayron. I always catch people with 22, b4. They don't expect it so I just abuse it whenever I can lol

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Good point umkhayron. I always catch people with 22, b4. They don't expect it so I just abuse it whenever I can lol
Yeah that's a good combo. It'd be even better though if the last hit of 2, 2, f + 1 was an Overhead. Now, that would have made for a great Low-Mid mix-up!

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Insted of 2, 2, b + 4, it's a lot easier to just do a grap or two or 3 leg sweeps (that really makes em mad) both do more damage and are easier, even though 2, 2, b + 4 isn't hard. And in my opinion, when you catch you're opponent open the best midscreen in terms of practicality and damage. B312, dash, DF2, B312, BF3 (33%). Good wall combo, 334, DB2, 334, 33, DF2, F24 (41%).

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
Came up with a fun 45% corner combo (only picked up Raiden last night so no idea if this can be expanded much yet): jp, 334, Sparky Poke Juggle Thing, 4, 334, 1212, Shocker, d4, Superman. The d4 can be subbed for some other multi-hitting strings but I couldn't beat 45% and d4 is more stylish. ;)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
This corner combo is 40%, but it's more hit confirmable than the others IMO.

JP, B312, 334, F23, shocker, F23, superman

Loot

the special effects
43% (45 with a JP I guess) corner, builds good meter as well due to using 3 specials

334 Blast 4 334 33 shocker 33 super