What's new

Shujinko

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
If meditation sped up the kameo meter recovery instead, it would make more sense as a Deception reference, and it would make him much more useful. As of right now, I agree with @RoboCop.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
He does have assists outside of just coming in and meditating. Remember how Ed Boon said that "Apep punch is plus"? Well, I remember Stephanie saying that one of Shujinko's assists was called "Apep punch" where he comes in, does a punch and then starts to meditate. That move is a summon assist, meaning you stop your momentum, but what if it actually is plus?

He also has another one where he does a kick, and Stephanie called it the "Konquest kick", where he comes in with a kick and then starts to medidate. This move is also a summon assist, but it might be a similar situation to the Apep punch, only maybe it leaves you really plus on hit and not on block. You can call Shujinko to do the Apep punch or the Konquest kick despite him having an empty meter at first.

There's more to this Kameo then we're seeing right now. He will require the most lab time out of any of the others to really understand his potential.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I was originally filing Shujinko under the Ass category too, but actually thinking about it now, it could actually be amazing for rushdown characters. If Shujinko never actually needs to recharge, you could constantly have him meditating and attacking during pressure strings. Especially someone like Smoke who has long ass strings

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'm also not on the "shujinko sucks" side yet. Kitana, Reptile and potentially other characters with long combos can make use of him. We've already saw Johnny charging up his Star thing just fine.

Hes going to be nuts for zoners. He's literally a wall you can just throw out that your opponent will have to deal with. Sure you'll take damage but he's going to get meditation bar in the meantime and you get a free wall to win fireball wars.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Hes going to be nuts for zoners. He's literally a wall you can just throw out that your opponent will have to deal with. Sure you'll take damage but he's going to get meditation bar in the meantime and you get a free wall to win fireball wars.
Thats such a shitty way to use a Kameo considering you have Motaro and Sub Zero right there if your goal is just nullify enemy projectiles.

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
So, who's going to be that one, as kids say these days, sweat lord, who makes him work ? Foxy ? As for the core idea behind him - meditation charge is nice as a Deception wink-wink, but he would become that much better, if it was entirely removed. I think labing his pool of moves is enough of a matchup/knowledge check. And i get that you have to call him out either during your offense or on wake up, but he's kind of a sitting duck otherwise. Perhaps, a singular hit of armor would improve the situation.

Thats such a shitty way to use a Kameo considering you have Motaro and Sub Zero right there if your goal is just nullify enemy projectiles.
It's how you're going to use it until you max him out. It's hardly his only purpose, but the point is that yes you take a "hit" on his initial useage and have him as a wall, and then when he's charged you use his other abilities.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Shujinko is wild man , apep punch is free if u dont link it , hes going to be a rage inducing machine

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Can u cancel a punch with a kick or a kick with a punch? Im in work i cant check , once smoke players discover him were all doomed :DOGE

Cancelable on whiff, too.
Shujinko can just keep getting summoned relentlessly.

Probably means If you do the punch by itself it wont cost any kameo meter. Both the punch and the kick can be cancelled into one of the stolen specials, which will then consume meter.
His punch and kick never cost meter anyway so I dunno what the not linking part means either.

Last edited:
Man knowing that he can cancel his punch or kick actually makes or breaks whether some conversions will work using him against certain matchups, pretty important. Shao's copied moves for example easily combo from either attack, but can be very hard to combo into from your character's strings, so he provides his own normals that guarantee some moves when yours might not.
Sub-Zero's freeze ball combos from Shujinko's attacks.

Also, I'm not sure whether some of his stolen moves are bugged or just designed to be a worse version of the original move. Examples being Baraka's stabby stab looks like it's supposed to do the whole animation, but he just hits them once and it's done. Seems weirdly pointless.

Last edited: