What's new

Should MKX have more status-oriented characters?

Status-changer moves, yay or nay?

• Total voters

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
MK9 and Injustice had their fair share of status-based attacks such as Noob's Ghostball that rendered the opponent unable to block, Quan Chi's Skeletal Boost that gave him an offensive or defensive buff, Zatana's MB Puppet Master that made buttons switch up or Harley's Trait and Play Doctor.

I think D'Vorah can probably have something along the lines of using her Swarms in her Swarm variant to use status-changing attacks like continuous damage, slow-downs, defense debuff.

Just an idea. Maybe if they're already satisfied with what D'vorah is now they could use that idea for another character's design. Maybe DLC even. What do you guys think?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Considering the Tower and s.t.a.r. labs also had a lot of this happening also it seems like something they like to implement at least...maybe new fighters can be better used and given different feels with this sory of thing...

A version of Scorp also uses this right?

take pokemon and diablo 3, add that shit to fighting game characters, add multiple ways off altering specials (controling projectile velocity, delaying moves, altering arcs, which could be done with a button to replace stance switch) add more trait like abilities that have cooldowns and such (like LoL), ...profit

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
take pokemon and diablo 3, add that shit to fighting game characters, add multiple ways off altering specials (controling projectile velocity, delaying moves, altering arcs, which could be done with a button to replace stance switch) add more trait like abilities that have cooldowns and such (like LoL), ...profit
Lul wut?

sorry im really tired right now mang, when i get really tired i slilt my speech a bit or don't put a substantial amount of effort into conveying my ideas clearly.

basically give fighting game characters toxic (from pokemans), or even sandstorm or thunderstorm

make a necromancer cahracter who summons fucking skeletons and a golem for trait, or anything move from diablo 2 would be cool

let me do all sorts of shit rather than switch stances, nightwolfs arrow could be a skill shot with a trajectory that switch stance controls

traits are really powerful, why not have more than normal powerful specials balanced out by cooldowns, so we get more interesting moves, we could also add passive auras and shit like league with tradeoffs, why not throw all that shit into a 2d fighter and shoot buckets of cum