What's new

Should Forever King have taken the GAME, the ROUND, or NEITHER???

GAME ROUND OR NEITHER

• Game

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Round

Votes: 23 22.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
We all seen what happened at FR tonight. Carl dropped the controller during a round winning combo and caused the game to pause. The ruling was that King takes the first game. Carl proceeds to get bodied 2nd game and rage quits.

On thursday, Carl refused to play Noobe because it had to be on ps3. Supposedly, EVO standards says Xbox is the main system for IGAU. Once Deg arrived, he gave Noobe a converter and it was business as usual.

What is the standard for EVO for paused game? How do you guys feel?

@Perfect Legend How do you feel?

I say match shouldve been restarted and king took the first round.

zak123

XBL: Phish Head PSN: zak123
Match. You pause, you gain an advantage, player paused on has a choice at his will to take whatever he wants, why not take the full punish he can?

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
He didn't fucking pause, he was in the middle of taking FKs first bar and his controller gets disconnected? Anybody else would be just as pissed. Quit acting like you wouldn't be.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
It was PL's controller who disconnected. It was also PL executing a combo. I can't blame King for taking it, but if I was a TO there I would've have told them to play it out, since it was King getting saved by the disconnect but PL's controller disconnecting.

GGA Max

From a competitor stand point, I know how Perfect Legend tries to get in your head before the match and in the match, while playing very fast to over whelm you.

Get you thinking about x and y, while he plays too fast for you to play the match in front of you.

The controller thing could have been very easily planned. An "innocent accident" that would get in FK's head, or give him an option select for when he loses.

PL can't stand to lose. These cheap things he has been doing since I met him at Frosty Faustings.

Notice how he is the ONLY player to complain about lag? Shock was right to tell him to STFU and stop making excuses.

Take your fucking loss like a man.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
PL was BODYING Forever King.
To learn that you've lost for no reason at all is pretty dissatisfying, and probably would make a person not play as well in their later match.
Exactly this. PL wasn't focused at all next round and how could he be, he was beyond the level of rage from getting robbed.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
He didn't fucking pause, he was in the middle of taking FKs first bar and his controller gets disconnected? Anybody else would be just as pissed. Quit acting like you wouldn't be.
supposedly he dropped the controller during the combo. accident or not, it was his fault. TBH, yes i would be pissed in PLs position, but with the drama he caused thursday, its hard to feel sympathy for him.

JLG

Noob
I always thought it was one round, not the entire match, that you have to surrender. Isn't that how it was in EVO? I don't remember. Maybe if the tourney's ran more than best of 3 match format, it would not matter so much. But giving up an entire match? Wow, that's a lot. Anyway, whatever the tourney rules called for is what needs to be respected.

BTW, did anyone really care to watch the Sonic Fox match that was playing at the same time all the drama was going down between PL and Shock? The chat stream was blown up with lots of people demanding the camera go back to PL. The fact that Sonic Fox was not even using Joker, after all that thread drama earlier, did not help either.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
From a competitor stand point, I know how Perfect Legend tries to get in your head before the match and in the match, while playing very fast to over whelm you.

Get you thinking about x and y, while he plays too fast for you to play the match in front of you.

The controller thing could have been very easily planned. An innocent accident that would get in FK's head, or give him an option select for when he loses.

PL can't stand to lose. These cheap things he has been doing since I met him at Frosty Faustings.

Notice how he is the ONLY player to complain about lag? Shock was right to tell him to STFU and stop making excuses.

Take your fucking loss like a man.
i dont think anyone is saying PL is a stand up guy lol most if not all of us probably would never defend him but he definitely got robbed, i understand the rule but in this situation its a stupid rule "the other guy paused while beating your ass so you get a free win"