What's new

Question - A-List Should a list be nerfed

Should a list be nerfed.

• Total voters

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
u forgot about 121? 114? standing 4? safe overhead? gdlk d4? ex forceball? 11? 333~skrc, 114~skrc, 214? Lbsh he is ridiculous and is probably recieving a nerf in the next update
You forgot shit anti airs shit jump in normals shit normals way too execution heavy no damage two footsie so that aren't even that good footsies shit meterless and so on!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Lol upplaying?

You people are down playing

"shit normals" are we playing the same char F3, Best D4 in the game, And f2 not good enough?

EX SK the only Move in the game that instantly travels the screen while being safe, yeah it's a high but you should be doing it on reaction

Shit normals? Lol
And please don't bother pointing out like 3 chars with better normals because that doesn't rule out the fact his normals are really good

His AAs are okay nothing great but when timed right and at the right range does the job

His jump is the worst, good his ground mobility is so good he doesn't need it and Jesus Christ can't a char have a weakness

I don't think he needs to be nerfed but let's not start spoofing and downplaying the shit out of him

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Nerfing won't solve anything! If you nerf s tier characters A tier characters will go to S tier.....Ok nerf time! Those characters got nerfed so meaning the characters who are in lower tiers will go to S tier won't they?!Then people will cry for nerfs again

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The only people that want to nerf a-list cage don't understand him. He has the worst jump ins in the game, no serious mixup that can't be fuzzy guarded, bad anti-airs, but at the same time... Decent zoning, veery good pressure, 11 frame advancing mid that jails meterlessly, top 3 D4. Seems like a balanced character to me.

You forgot shit anti airs shit jump in normals shit normals way too execution heavy no damage two footsie so that aren't even that good footsies shit meterless and so on!
High dmg off dash cancels, ridiculously good NJP. Chill bro, I'm not saying Johnny needs a nerf. But with all these people complaining about him he just may get one. I'm just getting at Sage for trying to down play Cage. He does have his negatives like an extremely slow jump in but who jumps in anyways?

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
If you really wanna see what A-List is fully capable of, watch some of Forever King Jr's recent tournament play. He's beaten his brother twice and many other big names with it and it really shows what A-List can do.

byAidan

The only people that want to nerf a-list cage don't understand him. He has the worst jump ins in the game, no serious mixup that can't be fuzzy guarded, bad anti-airs, but at the same time... Decent zoning, veery good pressure, 11 frame advancing mid that jails meterlessly, top 3 D4. Seems like a balanced character to me.
Johnny doesn't even have real mixups. 11 can be used as a good mixup if you're continuing it into 113. However, 113 is -12 I believe (or more) and is also easily interrupted with a lot of EX reversals. While he does have good pressure, Johnny is easily shutdown against any characters that have a great corner game and/or quick reversals. I don't think Johnny can really count as a mix up character, but that's just my opinion.

byAidan

High dmg off dash cancels, ridiculously good NJP. Chill bro, I'm not saying Johnny needs a nerf. But with all these people complaining about him he just may get one. I'm just getting at Sage for trying to down play Cage. He does have his negatives like an extremely slow jump in but who jumps in anyways?
Unless you're making a really hard read, there's no need to even jump in as Johnny Cage imo

byAidan

There has been a lot of rabble on here about how a-list will be the next to go with the nerf-hammer.

I really don't understand why he needs changed at all. Especially compared to other characters.

Would be interesting to hear people make a case for this either way.
The only people who believe this mid/high tier character should be nerfed are the people that can't block his "mixups" (even though fuzzy blocking is a thing) and don't know when to poke. I don't understand why people are complaining at all, really.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Johnny doesn't even have real mixups. 11 can be used as a good mixup if you're continuing it into 113. However, 113 is -12 I believe (or more) and is also easily interrupted with a lot of EX reversals. While he does have good pressure, Johnny is easily shutdown against any characters that have a great corner game and/or quick reversals. I don't think Johnny can really count as a mix up character, but that's just my opinion.
I never said he should be a mixup character i agree they are ass

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm mad someone said A-list is honest lol.

As much annoyance as he causes to play vs him (pretty salty that f21 whiffs when he does d4 to low profile), the most I can even think of doing to him, honestly, is removing the whiff cancelling of f3, knocking off some of it's cancel advantage on block so that it's not jailing into everything, and that's basically it.

JDM

Noob
Actually 113 skrc'd is completely safe. It's hard to do it but yeah. Also you'd have to hit confirm the low which is completely impossible but just sayin' it's safe lol.

Collapse

Noob
NERF please, Johnny Cage in my opinion is God Tier.. This character crash with 8 strings skrc... BEST pressure in the game wih D'Vorah, Forceball EX [+4] to continue pressure after the stamina ends, only character combo with 2 cancels, only character combo with dash [F3RC, 121RC and B34]..