What's new

Tech - Boneshaper Shinnok's new restand pressure

F221+3xxDarkBeam run up quickly F41D2

Jump back, forward and up didn't work. backdash was also beaten.
You can look at my inputs and I invite you to try it yourself

You have to run up very quickly and input the F4 string now.
Opponents only option to escape when run up is executed perfectly is armor
and even then I was mashing armor vs Shinnok and it sometimes wouldn't come out
because the window is so small.

I just wanted to post this because on the stream they said you could jump out or backdash afterwards,
but you can't do that.

Last edited:

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Lord Shinnok LIVES .... Will try to get used to the Run F4 Timing

Here are some setups after the Dark Beam:

1. you can jump forward and continue the Pressure. (( the opponent can React to it ))

2. You can neutral jump ... if the opponent jumped at you, attack with Neutral Punch. if he was standing there and block, once you to touch the ground .. Immediately do Hell sparks.

3. Run half the distance and then JUMP FORWARD .. or run half the distance then BLOCK (( if you anticipate the opponent will do an armored move ))

4. After dark beam, wait 15 frames then do Hell sparks

RISKY OPTIONS:

1. do a Scepter Strike ( DB1 )

2 . Run like a maniac and do an OVERHEAD ... (( Must Commit and don't second guess yourself )) ((in case you need a comeback ))

I noticed you only did the low. How does the over head option fair?
Overhead option is still risky.
You're gonna want to teach them to respect the run into F4 pressure first, then you can go into shenanigans same as before.
Your opponent would have to be really scared to let you land run up into B3.

Good news is- most people probably wont push buttons or armor when you're +12 at that distance.
Using armor like that is a hard read.

If they think about doing anything stupid you can easily blow them up with Hell Sparks after the restand. Almost no risk to you vs most of the cast.

JDM

Noob
Yeah I did this once but it seems pretty hard to do consistently.

I was messing with him yesterday and thought I imagined it or something lolol

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
So it looks like he got the Dvorrah treatment. Instead of nerfing the mechanic, they just made it harder to do. Give it a few days. Cowboy will be doing it 10/10 times. What a wreck this patch as been thus far lol. It's literally laughable, and I'm not a BS upplayer either.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
well how do you time the run then? because i've been trying against the AI and it keeps back dashing before i can hit it. im talking about post mb hellsparks btw.

also, as for his ranged game in general, how does this work now?

If perfectly timed the only escape out of this is armor.

You have to run up immediately and F4 at max range- making the tip of Shinnok's boot kick the opponent.

Your opponent has to respect alot of options after the re-stand.
F2 and HS are great options as well.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If perfectly timed the only escape out of this is armor.

You have to run up immediately and F4 at max range- making the tip of Shinnok's boot kick the opponent.

Your opponent has to respect alot of options after the re-stand.
F2 and HS are great options as well.
what about the mb hellsparks on block? since they push back further, how viable is that?