What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

almost made it out this weekend at ECT. ive only owned the game since thursday (not counting the pc version because its unplayable and whack) and i was learning matchups on the fly. we'll see whats good next time
Watched your matches you were pretty good. Wanted you to make top 16 so much. Until that match with zaf, but that were probably nerves cause you both were dropping a lot of shit. Good stuff over all. I was also impressed by @Doctor Stabs match with Michaeleangelo, wanted him to win badly)

Is it just me or I just found that even if you MB Hell Sparks on block against Sonya, she can easily blow that up with a cartwheel. Is that just me or..

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I never played against a Shinnok with a brain before @xSMoKEx at Toryuken and always blocked low, and fuzzied the overhead. I think I got hit by it maybe once.
If you are literally blocking the mixup everytime, then the Shinnok player is using it in a predictable fashion. For example, it is easy to fuzzy it off of a mixup by blocking low and then high as soon as you block the jump. However, there is a major advantage for the speed difference between his overhead and low. Because the low is so fast, you can do something like jump in, slight delay, and then F4. It works the same way in the neutral and off of trance. Shinnok has a true 50/50.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
If you are literally blocking the mixup everytime, then the Shinnok player is using it in a predictable fashion. For example, it is easy to fuzzy it off of a mixup by blocking low and then high as soon as you block the jump. However, there is a major advantage for the speed difference between his overhead and low. Because the low is so fast, you can do something like jump in, slight delay, and then F4. It works the same way in the neutral and off of trance. Shinnok has a true 50/50.
Interesting. Good to know dude. Again i've only ever played a couple Shinnok's so I don't know too much about him. Good stuff

SonicKaballs

Kaballin' since June 2011
yea, Smoke does it a lot to me if you walk up to someone on your setup like for example ex ground balls are adv so he just walks up to me, crouches, and then does his low starter and it catches me a lot trying to fuzzy the overhead and vise versa

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well the same could be said for Scorpion, just delay the low, but that doesn't really make it a true 50/50. His overhead is still slower and fuzziable.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Well the same could be said for Scorpion, just delay the low, but that doesn't really make it a true 50/50. His overhead is still slower and fuzziable.
I don't think you understand what a fuzzy is. A fuzzy is only possible in a set play situation, like off of a jump in. Shinnok's trance allows for either normal to be done within a long period of time. Unless you are doing the mixup at the exact same time, every time while they are tranced, there is no chance that someone will be able to fuzzy it. They have to guess.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't think you understand what a fuzzy is. A fuzzy is only possible in a set play situation, like off of a jump in. Shinnok's trance allows for either normal to be done within a long period of time. Unless you are doing the mixup at the exact same time, every time while they are tranced, there is no chance that someone will be able to fuzzy it. They have to guess.
Well yeah I mean Mimicry is +104 so it's going to be much much much much much harder to do and realistically you're only going to get it if you read when they're going to do it but it's not literally impossible. The overhead is still 11 frames slower and as Jer said he was fuzzying it a lot.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Watched your matches you were pretty good. Wanted you to make top 16 so much. Until that match with zaf, but that were probably nerves cause you both were dropping a lot of shit. Good stuff over all. I was also impressed by @Doctor Stabs match with Michaeleangelo, wanted him to win badly)
It was more so matchup inexperience all around. Mike told me he didnt know you can block after mimicry and he throught it extended combos lol

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I find some moves that Shinnok steals so weird. Like Erron Black's. It should be his command grab or slide or even sand grenade. Something that's avaliable in all variations. Not his useless anti air grenade. Takeda.................. Should be his teleport or punches or EX Kunai. He should steal Jacqui's punches to have it as an awesome ender. And for the love of God why does he steal Jason's armor? u____u

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I find some moves that Shinnok steals so weird. Like Erron Black's. It should be his command grab or slide or even sand grenade. Something that's avaliable in all variations. Not his useless anti air grenade. Takeda.................. Should be his teleport or punches or EX Kunai. He should steal Jacqui's punches to have it as an awesome ender. And for the love of God why does he steal Jason's armor? u____u
I would like slide for Erron Black. Ex Kunai sounds like a much better idea and move than the punches. If you think him stealing Jason's armor is bad, imagine if he stole Pursuit.