What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Shinnok Combo Thread

regulas

Your Emporer
Boneshaper:

First strings here are flexible though with varying levels of total success. These are midscreen ones, though it seems he does much better in the corner.

b31d2~db2,f221+3~bf3 28% (6 frame hitconfirmable combo string thats safe on block if you choose not to confirm into db2)
f31d2~db2,f221+3~bf3 30% (Can probably increase these with a neutral jump after db2)

f221+3~df2EX,njp,f221+3~bf3 34% (db2 also does same dmg, burn meter at start and it's 39% for two bars midscreen) Can start with other strings but tends to have much tighter timing when using df2.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Boneshaper:

First strings here are flexible though with varying levels of total success. These are midscreen ones, though it seems he does much better in the corner.

b31d2~db2,f221+3~bf3 28% (6 frame hitconfirmable combo string thats safe on block if you choose not to confirm into db2)
f31d2~db2,f221+3~bf3 30% (Can probably increase these with a neutral jump after db2)

f221+3~df2EX,njp,f221+3~bf3 34% (db2 also does same dmg, burn meter at start and it's 39% for two bars midscreen) Can start with other strings but tends to have much tighter timing when using df2.
Is it not better to finish them with a naked f22, 1+3 for reset ?

So unless I'm misunderstanding the Impostor "vortex," your overhead option (njp) is only rewarding if you didn't njp in the combo before since the second one splats the opponent during the mimicry stagger even though the combo is already over. Because of this, I think it would be better to not use njp in any Impostor combos that end in mimicry so that the following mixup is more rewarding. Currently, it seems to me that the only way to have a rewarding njp in the vortex after using njp in the combo prior to mimicry is to time the teleport so that the njp would hit just after the opponent recovers from the stagger animation, but this gives them the option of backdashing or armoring out of the vortex.

Thoughts? Am I misunderstanding the vortex or is there something else I'm missing?

Nevermind. I guess i've just been catching people late online. At the very least you could still do the njK, d3 setup since you can't get anything off the instant nj2.

Last edited:

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
So unless I'm misunderstanding the Impostor "vortex," your overhead option (njp) is only rewarding if you didn't njp in the combo before since the second one splats the opponent during the mimicry stagger even though the combo is already over. Because of this, I think it would be better to not use njp in any Impostor combos that end in mimicry so that the following mixup is more rewarding. Currently, it seems to me that the only way to have a rewarding njp in the vortex after using njp in the combo prior to mimicry is to time the teleport so that the njp would hit just after the opponent recovers from the stagger animation, but this gives them the option of backdashing or armoring out of the vortex.

Thoughts? Am I misunderstanding the vortex or is there something else I'm missing?
i thought its a jip after mimcry then tele into njp., that's how ive been doing it

regulas

Your Emporer
Is it not better to finish them with a naked f22, 1+3 for reset ?
Possibly the first time or two but as we are just at neutral frames it's only really effective when they don't know whats up, and charge gives you the most hit advantage to set-up whatever you want to follow with, plus making them need to get back in they are more likely to open themselves up to a punish.

n9195v

Noob

The mix up is a grab that if they release block and guess wrong they eat 16%. If they start guessing right start combo-ing them because they're not holding block. It's a great mix up. When you're grabbing it's 50/50 and whether or not you're grabbing is also 50/50. So it's a 50/50/50/50.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
but your option to "time the teleport so that the njp would hit just after the opponent recovers from the stagger animation" gives the same result only it sound like your's is telegraphing what you intend to do since shinnok would just be jumping then teleporting (at least that what came to mind when i read it..sorry if ive misunderstood what your idea was) where the jip first looks like you are trying to start a vortex anyway then the telport switches you to the others side so they have to react to that and online that's going to be the mixup on if you teleport or you dont and go for a b3

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
For Boneshaper, I've desperately been trying to get b31d2~df2EX, NJP, f221+3 to work with a small success rate. First, the njp is extremely hard to hit because of timing/space depending on where you started the combo, and the f221+3 after is very hard to hit as well. Many times I can get the first 3 hits of it to land, but the hit that pulls them back in for the reset won't connect.

Any advice?

regulas

Your Emporer
For Boneshaper, I've desperately been trying to get b31d2~df2EX, NJP, f221+3 to work with a small success rate. First, the njp is extremely hard to hit because of timing/space depending on where you started the combo, and the f221+3 after is very hard to hit as well. Many times I can get the first 3 hits of it to land, but the hit that pulls them back in for the reset won't connect.

Any advice?
Simplest thing is just don't do the njp, take a slight step forward and then just f221+3. If you want to get it I believe you need to do a dash and then njp, this requires absolutely that you ex the third hit. If you just jump forward instead of dashing it tends to do even worse for timing.

Any advice?
I can only get the JP1 and the first half of the combo (before the NJP). How can I time the NJP to finish the rest of the combo?

Roy

Noob
Hey guys,
I made a quick video for more basic combos (for all variations) with the notations at the bottom for Shinnok. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I figured it might be helpful for people new to the genre/Shinnok.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Simplest thing is just don't do the njp, take a slight step forward and then just f221+3. If you want to get it I believe you need to do a dash and then njp, this requires absolutely that you ex the third hit. If you just jump forward instead of dashing it tends to do even worse for timing.
Right, that is for EX Hell Sparks though. Im talking about using EX Scoop (unless I notated the input wrong, then my apologies). Hitting the NJP after the EX scoop is hard enough, then getting the f221+3 after is even tougher.

The reason I like this is because with that opening string, you get a low, mid, overhead, low into a combo, into a reset. Obviously opponents will adjust and be able to block this, but it would be nice to get down.

regulas

Your Emporer
Right, that is for EX Hell Sparks though. Im talking about using EX Scoop (unless I notated the input wrong, then my apologies). Hitting the NJP after the EX scoop is hard enough, then getting the f221+3 after is even tougher.

The reason I like this is because with that opening string, you get a low, mid, overhead, low into a combo, into a reset. Obviously opponents will adjust and be able to block this, but it would be nice to get down.
Oh right lol i misread the that as db for some reason lol, ya I've found that the only way to get it all to connect is to it on the first possible frames for each action. It's so hard that I would say it's also not worth it, so my same advice of just not njp and just doing f221+3. Do note that it is much easier to hit if your first string was f221+3 into the ex scoop, albeit it's harder to do that safely.

but your option to "time the teleport so that the njp would hit just after the opponent recovers from the stagger animation" gives the same result only it sound like your's is telegraphing what you intend to do since shinnok would just be jumping then teleporting (at least that what came to mind when i read it..sorry if ive misunderstood what your idea was) where the jip first looks like you are trying to start a vortex anyway then the telport switches you to the others side so they have to react to that and online that's going to be the mixup on if you teleport or you dont and go for a b3
Which is why I proposed omitting the njp in the combo prior if it's not the starter so that you don't have to let them leave the stagger animation, thus leaving no way out of the 50/50. That is the original vortex proposed by @Shamwow0w0w and I believe @[URL='http://testyourmight.com/members/avn-pth-jonnitti.11913/']AVN PTH jonnitti[/URL] as well. I said that waiting until they leave the stagger animation was the only way that I found that would get the njp to give a high reward if you used njp in the combo prior (since it splatters if you don't wait), but jip xx teleport would work as well, albeit with a larger gap in which to armor or even simply poke out after you teleport, compared to the ideal 1 frame gap you could get by just waiting. Of course, you could just say the damage loss from omitting njp's isn't worth the inescapability, and if so, good shit. But I'd at least like you to understand my idea.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Boneshaper:

I assume the DB2s are MBd? Which Hell Spark? 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

Last edited:

regulas

Your Emporer
I assume the DB2s are MBd? Which Hell Spark? 1st, 2nd or 3rd?
3rd. One of the beuties of f221+3 is that it is really good at catching people at a distance who have been juggled, you may or may not need to take a slight step forward before using it but on the whole I've never had any issues reaching people

Fairly easy for good dmg mid screen 1 bar combos:

Universal : 112 db2 ex 3rd ball, run d2, bf3 - 31%
Necromancer : 112 df4ex, njp, ji1, f223 bf3 - 32%

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I can only get the JP1 and the first half of the combo (before the NJP). How can I time the NJP to finish the rest of the combo?
You can't really time it, it seems. I've only gotten the NJP to hit if I jump at hit punch at the earliest possible moment. This is accomplished mainly by holding up and mashing, but I did get the timing down on it a bit. Still, getting the f22 1+3 after is near impossible to do consistently.

Pandamoniumz

Don't Listen, Save Money
So got what I've found to be the best universal 1 bar damage. Really tight combo though:

Jip, 112~ex spark on 3rd hit, run d2, run throw: 34%

Also this is what I've been using after a raw neutral jump punch in shaper:

Njp, f22 1+3~ex sparks, run up throw: forgot the damage.

In both of these combos you can d1 instead of throw after run, and maybe special cancel it to something more damaging. I'm a little too baked to link it. Maybe can land a standing 1 as well.