What's new

Sheevas anti air grab

I was playing online and found that the anti air grab was able to catch sonya during her cartwheel and cage during his forward 4. I don't know if it works offline and don't know how much help it would be but I didn't see it mentioned on any of the offer threads and didn't what other thread if any it should be put in. (I would have tested it offline but it is difficult to use two pads and get the imputs right.)

cashthesehands

monster masher
Another great use I've found is catching a mileena from her u+4 move, or jade in a staff slam. Basically anytime a character's feet are off the ground, you can grab em out. I'll have to give the sonya one a try.

Its an air grab. So at any time the opp is suspended in the air it works. Same thing with jax. I believe there is already a few post on this

Espio

Kokomo
Yep anything that takes an opponent off the ground is doable and certainly would work offline(might work even better) as that's what the move is all about anti-air.

Of course that's a calculated risk, you have to basically read Mileena's up 4 or Sonya's cartwheel in advance, hope it's not the armored version etc. It seems very risky for the reward although if I recall you get an untechable knockdown after it so your opponent cannot roll away, so you can follow up with continued pressure and mind games.

I'd actually just uppercut Mileena out of up 4 or NJP Sonya's cartwheel instead of trying to anti-air grab them out of it, the move has decent speed, but I'd consider it unreliable for punishing those moves.