What's new

Sheeva Vs Machamp. who wins?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
competitively B/W is of course superior, but in terms of ORIGINALITY i find it lacking. the starters are meh, theres a zubat clone, the fucking legendary are just genies, and there is a group of pokemon named like log, rock, girder or some shit. i know its hard to come up with something bad ass 493 times, and naturally there has to be some dumb pokemon, but for the most part none of the new ones are cool to me except Haxoruz, visually. i suppose if i watched the show i could find some redeeming personalities amongst them (main reason i like Gengar is cuz of his episode. he is the original troll) but im not 8 anymore.

to me, its all about the original 250. Gengar, Jolteon, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Arcanine, Blastoise 4lyfe
Yeah, the Pokemon lacked, but I will say that B/W is the first time that Pokemon had a truly deep story that you could play the game for. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, mostly due to that.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I actually really liked a lot of the Gen 5 pokes.

I don't know their English names, but the Ghost/Fire Candle, Mole with the claws, TABUNNE (big pink rare spawn thing), there were a lot of cool ones.

Wish I knew their names... we just called them stupid shit like "pantslizard"

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Yeah, the Pokemon lacked, but I will say that B/W is the first time that Pokemon had a truly deep story that you could play the game for. I enjoyed the game thoroughly, mostly due to that.
i havent played it yet, but your words make me want to at least give it a shot. worst case, i have to import my SS badasses so that i dont have to stare at dumb pokemon the whole time. that traded 1.5x XP doesnt hurt either...

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Did you know that I started After Dark Gaming by streaming the Black/White fan translation on emulator?

We did a Nuzlocke where if a pokemon got KO'd, I couldn't ever use them again, and I was only allowed to catch the first poke that I saw in every named zone. If I accidentally killed them, I didn't get another chance.

We ended up going through everything all the way through the 2nd Elite 4 fight and even Cynthia. That shit was so amazing, especially with 100ish people watching every night.

I played a lot of Shoddy Battle right around that time, but never got around to using the Gen 5 pokes.
dude i love pokemon on challenge mode (pokemon that faint are released, only can catch first poke in area) i wish my friends had the balls to take it on, id love to race them. first to beat the game and such. but alas, no one is down for it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
i havent played it yet, but your words make me want to at least give it a shot. worst case, i have to import my SS badasses so that i dont have to stare at dumb pokemon the whole time. that traded 1.5x XP doesnt hurt either...
The game was fun as hell.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
One thing I love about B/W, is that they addressed the EXP issues from previous games. If your level is way lower, it shows in your EXP gain. It's much easier to level up, which makes it easier to get your level-up moves.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Shedinja is mah favorite pokemon....and he is kinda like the CSZ of the game!

Gimmicky
Looks Awesome
Wins well against his good matchups
Loses horribly in his bad ones

dude this thread reminds me of the first shiny i ever saw/caught. A GREEN MACHOKE.
but really it goes to sheeva, telestomp is basically fly, that's super effective. plus sheeva's +7 on telestomp so it makes machamp flinch on the next turn because he doesnt have enough of a speed stat to hit sheeva out of it