What's new

Strategy "Shazam!" -- Captain Marvel General Discussion Thread

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
To clarify, any reversal special in the game can beat 22 xx HM.

Almost no reversal special moves in the game can beat D2 xx HM or most other tick throws.

22 xx HM just has this weird nonsensical weirdness where reversal special moves beat it...

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
You guys know that you can reverse wake ups in the corner after a d3 ? if it's something that you guys already use, ignore me...

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
You guys know that you can reverse wake ups in the corner after a d3 ? if it's something that you guys already use, ignore me...
By dashing forward right as they wakeup? Yeah I think it was discussed but thank you for bringing it up.

On a side note: What classifies as a "good" normal? I know Shazam's normals are sub par but I do not know why. The slow startup? The lack of range on some? Recovery? All of the above?

Crathen

Death is my business
Actually there's a better version than just dashing in to reverse wakeups , Shazam can HM and still reverse their wakeup while jailing them for the HM.

It's really good.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Do something like b23 112 d3 dash in and HM right before they can wakeup , they can't duck the HM if they don't wakeup and if they wakeup it misses like when DD does ES dash in so even if you whiff the HM you still get a punish , try that setting MMH on wakeup push.i

I can make a video if needed.
I understand what your saying

Crathen

Death is my business

Just showing off it works, there are ways out of it w some characters , Martian can OH tele (you're safe tho ) , Aqua can watershield etc etc.... other characters like Sinestro or Cyborg have a behind hitbox on their wakeups so they can avoid it , on some characters like Raven and GL this is basically an infinite as long as you have meter.

Worth it or not worth it?

@Indecisive
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Digit
and all the other shazam players

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

Just showing off it works, there are ways out of it w some characters , Martian can OH tele (you're safe tho ) , Aqua can watershield etc etc.... other characters like Sinestro or Cyborg have a behind hitbox on their wakeups so they can avoid it , on some characters like Raven and GL this is basically an infinite as long as you have meter.

@Indecisive
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Digit
Its Cute

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!

@Indecisive
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@Digit
I've been using the D3 sweeps more often in combo enders to reverse inputs more lately. I'd say it's a good option to have in the corner as well. I figure if Doomsday gets away w/ a lot of reversing input shenanigans, and Shazam has that capability too, then why not? more dirt y'know lol

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
If that is as good as it looks then that's extremely broken... I feel like we should be freaking out about that... I'll test it in a bit tonight.

Also guys I figured out that off of any single launcher into HM (22 xx HM, B2 xxHM, F12 xx HM, etc) we can increase our damage sliiiightly:

22/B2/F12/etc. xx HM MB > B3 > J2 > F223 xx AC

The key is to hit the b3 when they are low, and do the j2 literally as instant as possible. I think it's pretty consistent once you get a grasp on it. Only increases the damage by like 1% though, haha.

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
If that is as good as it looks then that's extremely broken... I feel like we should be freaking out about that... I'll test it in a bit tonight.

Also guys I figured out that off of any single launcher into HM (22 xx HM, B2 xxHM, F12 xx HM, etc) we can increase our damage sliiiightly:

22/B2/F12/etc. xx HM MB > B3 > J2 > F223 xx AC

The key is to hit the b3 when they are low, and do the j2 literally as instant as possible. I think it's pretty consistent once you get a grasp on it. Only increases the damage by like 1% though, haha.
Nice, that 1% difference can truly be a game changer. Cuz magic pixels are the worst for Shazam lol

Crathen

Death is my business
@Crathen I can't get this setup to work at all on a human. Are you sure it isn't on computer wakeup only?
If you watch the video you can see i've recorded Shazam doing the setup and i was waking up / ducking w MMH / Aqua manually , maybe you're off with the timing wich is kinda weird at first , the important part is doing the HM in the last frames before they can wake up.

Or maybe it's a training mode bug and im a fool but i really think it's legit , try practicing it more and tell me how it goes , i don't have anyone to test this :(

Crathen

Death is my business
@EGP Wonder_Chef Also just tested , this works on the right corner and not on the left ones , might be stage specific...ugh lol

Edit: still , in the left corner it reverses their input but if they do it the wakeup hits you unlike the left corner where the wakeup will whiff

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Does this change up the stage portion of Chef's guide? Oh wait that was interactable stuff... Maybe add a stage portion now? :p jk no way i would demand that much work on an individual.

Honestly I never bother picking stages, now I guess I might try :p