What's new

Shao Kahn Discussion Thread

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
How do you open up people, i have trouble playing footsies, his high starting strings are pain in the ass, when i want 14 they always poked me damn, i dont know how to open up.people
You open people up by playing better footsies,grabbing, whiff punishing etc. Unlike jax he doesnt have that crazy in your face stagger pressure on top of 50/50s.

The main strings you should be using up close is his F4 and F3,4,1+2 up close and as a meaty on wake up. Its a 10 frame mid that does 20% unbreakable damage. But the last hit is unsafe on block and the secon hit can be flawless blocked so keep that in mind.

His S1 is a great anti air and D2 is one of the best in the game. His jump in 1 is also pretty good, I like to Jump in 1,12,1+2 on block or cancel into Shoulder on hit.

If you need help we can lab together online cuz I need some more experience fighting Jax.

Psn: Ojay654Synced

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
So I know reo made a video of it

How good is the f3 late cancel confirm?
Looking for answers from sk mains.
Its not easy to confirm on reaction, right when I feel like I can do it I realize I was getting lucky n start messing it up. Its gonna take more reaction practice to really get it down for me. But if I know im punishing someone its easy to do.

So it is possible @XxTheGoblinX to do it. Nice. Also is his offline or online, cuz I know online it's pretty bad about those things.

I'll stop being lazy n lab it one day but there are so many characters to get through.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
So it is possible @XxTheGoblinX to do it. Nice. Also is his offline or online, cuz I know online it's pretty bad about those things.

I'll stop being lazy n lab it one day but there are so many characters to get through.
It is doable online as well in good connections. It is probably the most essential thing to the character

@Wetdoba nice is this your character?. You are pretty legit would like to see you playing him. If it's doable online then offline should be consistent. That kinda makes him a badass Imo. I really like some of his other features which is why I was asking.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
@Wetdoba nice is this your character?. You are pretty legit would like to see you playing him. If it's doable online then offline should be consistent. That kinda makes him a badass Imo. I really like some of his other features which is why I was asking.
Yes, Shao is my main. I did alright at CB, hadnt had much time to grind the game at my locals before hand because of cramming at work but just going there was a great level up experience and i feel caught up now and fully on the Shao train. I went 4-2 there but i faced 4 Scorpions in a row at pools and my brain was oozing out of my ears a little at that point haha so just barely didnt make it out.

But yes 10 frame mid into full corner carry is 100% legit and just the threat of it when you prove you can do the confirm forces a ton of more respect. I dont really have footage of me playing but Id be down to play whenever I can

Yeah tbh if you can find 4 other shao Kahn players to play on ps4 I'm trying to set up some character skirmishes to check out match ups and share them on tym. I think it would be good for everyone here to play each other and exchange knowledge. We have such a wealth of resources here, but I don't feel we are efficiently utilizing them.

Most of the time we are just going back n forth on a forum instead of getting actual raw experience. This isn't meant to blow people up etc. It's just a friendly exchange of match up knowledge and community building.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yeah tbh if you can find 4 other shao Kahn players to play on ps4 I'm trying to set up some character skirmishes to check out match ups and share them on tym. I think it would be good for everyone here to play each other and exchange knowledge. We have such a wealth of resources here, but I don't feel we are efficiently utilizing them.

Most of the time we are just going back n forth on a forum instead of getting actual raw experience. This isn't meant to blow people up etc. It's just a friendly exchange of match up knowledge and community building.
There are some in the Shao discord Ive been playing where we play our secondaries against each others Shaos and what not so sure

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter

I play him a lot. I’m not exceptional but I do decently well with him. I’m be down for games anytime.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Good find was it always like it always like this or do you think they patched it in?
Pretty sure you could always do this cus F3 always had like 4 active frames. So 3 frame difference between hitting on the first and last makes it go from -8 to -5 and makes the gap now 3 frames less taking away the chance to flawless