What's new

Shang Tsung vs Sub Zero match up

piemaster

mortal hater
if anyone could tell me whats a good overall strategy to fighting subs with shang, i always get baited into his ice clone, and his iceball beats out my projectiles. any thoughts?

i just played against a sub zero and this ice clone is so annoying..

dont jump on him because you will almost always get frozen by his ice clone. keep him at distance with your ground skulls and if he does his iceball while you do the correct ground skull he will get knocked up in the air and cant take full advantage of you being frozen.
if hes far away i do mostly far ground skulls cause if i do mid ground skull and he does iceball i will get frozen and he will beat the shit out of me.. if you dofar ground skull he could hit you with slide but i prefer getting hit by slide rather than full combo.

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
well, if he rush blocks you're DEAD. Anyways, a good thing to do against them is to zone, which is "SPAMMING" in a bad players mind. you need to make him come to you, keep him back with skulls, and make sure he doesn't reach you.. OR, you can put a lot of pressure on SZ if you do get up in his face, so you won't have to worry about those clones. :)

There is another thread about "across the screen" or something, where people were commenting on zoning.

enhance the up skull often as well. this also prevent him from jumping in and ice cloning in the air. then go in for a pressure combo... F3 4 close skull.

lather, rinse and repeat... if he adapts, throw in FDB2 every now and then to counter his jumping forwards to preserve meter. like Sigmar says, try the zoning first.. usually best bet to get a first rnd win in.

Shang Tsung

supreme sorcerer
well, if he rush blocks you're DEAD. Anyways, a good thing to do against them is to zone, which is "SPAMMING" in a bad players mind. you need to make him come to you, keep him back with skulls, and make sure he doesn't reach you.. OR, you can put a lot of pressure on SZ if you do get up in his face, so you won't have to worry about those clones. :)

There is another thread about "across the screen" or something, where people were commenting on zoning.
I agree with what Shanghai said ... i also find that Close up Skulls help alot when you face a Sub-Zero that likes to Slide and keeps them at more of a guessing game ....

JrK

Probably Drunk
Sigmar and shang hit the nail on the head. Light it up like a disco palace.