What's new

Shang Tsung Kameos

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Ones I've used

Stryker grenades are great for zoning, baiting safe block strings stuff. They work well with his skull game. His overhead is plus and is a nice option in conjunction with b223. Restand decent option, potential while morphed too.

Sektor allows for combo potential with missiles and just missiles are just extremely good why not. Late round homing missiles ggs

Motaro is more matchup to matchup I think but reflect has good uses, normal fireball is a decent option on block sometimes, triple fireball is really good when you get it out.. teleport is great for staying out of corner, anti zoning, allowing oki off of injection and people combo from triple skull with it but it's kinda hard to land.

Shujinko heavily MU dependent but he can help you zone by taking hits, (Scorpion spear will hit Shujinko, not you)he generally offers Shang higher damage and less often some kind of mixup option. D4-conquest kick is a thing. Note that you can cancel his kick and punch into the specials

Agilaz

It has begun
Goro gives:

- some basic extra combo routes

- Combo extension on b223. If nK connects right after the third hit, it pops them up for a follow up for a good 30%+

- It also gives a mixup off b223. Once they start blocking the third hit you can cancel into omelette toss for a full combo.

- combo extension off his 124 and young f34 with dK

- general safety with raise the roof which is super + on block

- stomp is gimmicky but combined with fireballs you can force them to either eat the stomp or do something dumb to try and avoid it

- There's some interaction with raise the roof giving a popup if you time it properly with a sweep. I know Raiden can do this, i assume it's a universal Goro thing, so i need to test this further.

Still trying to find a good use for punchwalk, im guessing it might be handy as a situational reversal cause it does do decent damage and leaves them at full screen.

Goro's basic throw also leaves them full screen which is usually advantageous for Shang.

All in all I'm sticking with Goro cause I like the character, but he's definitely higher risk and I'm not sure the risk is always worth it, at least in competitive environments. The -50 health also hurts and frankly I think it's entirely undeserved when you see Lao and Cyrax with no health modifiers and Sareena giving +50 health on top of her already loaded kit.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Styker has been the best for me so far. He has an answer to a lot of options and Shang covers any he cant.
  • Grenades being a mid force the opponent to block. It lets you jail skulls from 3/4 of the screen away.
  • Grenades can be used to make your wakeup safe so long as they arent right on top of you. You really want to back grenade since forward grenade whiffs when the opponent is less than your D1's range from you but the assist has to be called basically frame 1 or they can uppercut which immediately loses you the trade.
  • Grenades turn your B4 or F3 into a blockstring. Moreso B4 due to the push back and it being neutral on block. Grenades will still connect if B4 hits/gets blocked/whiffs. If they get hit then the answer is to delay tech but delay tech still gives Shang the block string.
  • Block strings are super dumb now. It's literally just F4121 Up assist. It's so fast that they can poke out of it unlike neutral assist. His up assist is also +6 for some ungodly reason so you can get a D4 and unless they back dash, they have to block it. Once they are conditioned to you throwing out stryker at the end you can just not do it and F4 instead. Once they see you are out of assist, they want to press buttons after the 1 so you can end with close ground skull to catch people but it is a risky read.
  • Down assist is kinda a counter to subzero kameo since he counts as physical so they always have to watch their back literally. It also pulls them back farther which means MORE ZONING!
  • I havent found a route yet that gives me optimal damage and ends in his restand but with how sanitized this game is I dont think it exists. Glad if someone proves me wrong.
Stryker just boosts every part of Shang's kit.

Plop

Noob
Goro gives:

- some basic extra combo routes

- Combo extension on b223. If nK connects right after the third hit, it pops them up for a follow up for a good 30%+

- It also gives a mixup off b223. Once they start blocking the third hit you can cancel into omelette toss for a full combo.

- combo extension off his 124 and young f34 with dK

- general safety with raise the roof which is super + on block

- stomp is gimmicky but combined with fireballs you can force them to either eat the stomp or do something dumb to try and avoid it

- There's some interaction with raise the roof giving a popup if you time it properly with a sweep. I know Raiden can do this, i assume it's a universal Goro thing, so i need to test this further.

Still trying to find a good use for punchwalk, im guessing it might be handy as a situational reversal cause it does do decent damage and leaves them at full screen.

Goro's basic throw also leaves them full screen which is usually advantageous for Shang.

All in all I'm sticking with Goro cause I like the character, but he's definitely higher risk and I'm not sure the risk is always worth it, at least in competitive environments. The -50 health also hurts and frankly I think it's entirely undeserved when you see Lao and Cyrax with no health modifiers and Sareena giving +50 health on top of her already loaded kit.
I use Goro with Shang for all these reasons, but also most importantly, cos they just LOOK right together

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I use Goro with Shang for all these reasons, but also most importantly, cos they just LOOK right together
Ye, I wanted to use Shang/Motaro cause they look good together but they dont really work together. Kinda hoping they give Stryker a revenant skin so I can head cannon him as my undead slave.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
"- It also gives a mixup off b223. Once they start blocking the third hit you can cancel into omelette toss for a full combo."

What is your combo route after the Omlette Toss for young Shang? always switch to old or?

thanks

LEGEND

YES!
"- It also gives a mixup off b223. Once they start blocking the third hit you can cancel into omelette toss for a full combo."

What is your combo route after the Omlette Toss for young Shang? always switch to old or?

thanks
You can fuzzy guard or straight up react to Goro. There is no mix-up. Same thing as scorpion's F Kameo, it's only hitting people cause of built in delay online.

If you want to use it as a hit confirm then yeah, its just typical old Shang stuff after the launch

LEGEND

YES!

Made a video on why Darrius is Shang's best kameo.

Essentially Shang is a complete character and doesn't really need a Kameo. Other Kameo's don't add anything significant to his existing solid gameplan, where Darrius adds a whole new level to his offense, with other nice gimmicks and a + on block armored launcher.

I think there are maybe a few MUs where this isn't the case, but the MUs are bad enough to warrant a total character switch anyway (Ashra, Johnny at least)

Made a video on why Darrius is Shang's best kameo.

Essentially Shang is a complete character and doesn't really need a Kameo. Other Kameo's don't add anything significant to his existing solid gameplan, where Darrius adds a whole new level to his offense, with other nice gimmicks and a + on block armored launcher.

I think there are maybe a few MUs where this isn't the case, but the MUs are bad enough to warrant a total character switch anyway (Ashra, Johnny at least)
This is pretty good,never really considered darrius for shang,i have been using goro and its a really good combo.up punch for chip loops,zoning enhancment as well morph combos,can mix up with goro grab.Nice breakdown it looks like a great alternative for shang worth learning.

LEGEND

YES!
This is pretty good,never really considered darrius for shang,i have been using goro and its a really good combo.up punch for chip loops,zoning enhancment as well morph combos,can mix up with goro grab.Nice breakdown it looks like a great alternative for shang worth learning.
I always forget to mention that there is a 100 health difference between Darrius and the ambush/safety Kameos too

I like Goro alot. Really the only ambush assist that works properly for Shang. Others leave gaps or only work off of F4 string which is easily flawless blocked for no chip/meter. My main issue with it is that the recharge time is abysmal. One use is almost the same recharge as a full Darrius bar.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Can a mod delete this post above ^

wth?
In the future, please use the report system. Thankfully, @LRK8605 reported it. We don’t always check every thread let alone every post, so it helps tremendously when members help us by reporting things.