What's new

Shang Tsung General Discussion

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Shang looks hella damn good indeed ..... classic movies, can change between old and new Shang, violent fatality, also the new VA killed with his interpretation for the character so, yeah, very excited to see him, finally , in action, inside the game :cool:

Seriously, I was in doubt about this Shang Tsung version in MK1, due the fact that Cary Tagawa nailed as him in MK11, but, I am enjoying everything showed so far for this new Shang, so, would be fucking amazing if NRS could show him tomorrow, in the last Kombat Kast before the pre order release ;)

Agilaz

It has begun
I don't think I've ever been this hyped about having my main on release.

I like everything I've seen so far. I wonder if he's gonna be a stance/state character; seems like Young Shang turned into Old Shang when using an assist. Maybe he has up/down fireballs only in Old Stance and straight fireballs only in Young Stance?

Either way, looking forward to figuring some stuff out

I don't think I've ever been this hyped about having my main on release.

I like everything I've seen so far. I wonder if he's gonna be a stance/state character; seems like Young Shang turned into Old Shang when using an assist. Maybe he has up/down fireballs only in Old Stance and straight fireballs only in Young Stance?

Either way, looking forward to figuring some stuff out
Maybe he's like SFV Zeku who is basically two characters with different play styles that can swap on the fly.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
but wasn't the old-man-gimmick only a make-up thing?

Or is it explained somehow in the story that he can age on demand?

Shang Tsung blasts his Flaming Skill at the ground, causing him to pop up. It's similar to Kai's Rising Fireball in MK4 and Armageddon.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Shang is literally me mentally and the MK1 retelling only solidifies this.

Where is my Mysterious Stranger?!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yeah

His old/young version morph mechanic looks so nasty to deal with and cool as hell at the same time ..... amazing stuff that NRS did for him, pure creativity genius ! ;)

Also, that Bad of Nails movie looks great por evade purpose, or for bait strategy, hehe

Overall, this seems to be the best ever Shang looked in a MK game, he looks truly amazing , no complains about it ! :D

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
yeah

His old/young version morph mechanic looks so nasty to deal with and cool as hell at the same time ..... amazing stuff that NRS did for him, pure creativity genius ! ;)

Also, that Bad of Nails movie looks great por evade purpose, or for bait strategy, hehe

Overall, this seems to be the best ever Shang looked in a MK game, he looks truly amazing , no complains about it ! :D
Completely agree. I played him in MK9 and didnt really do him or the game justice since it was my first fighting game. Now I can actually play him again with the knowledge I've gained.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Love his throw (-back to MK3! always liked this iteration of Shang)
Like his "bed of spikes" (also a throwback and it's very nicely done)
Like his dragon fatality, his 2nd one is quite ok.
Old/Young morph - that would create possibilities to extend combos to eternity; nice catch of him to change his moveset but not that drastically
Visually/Design-wise - I guess it can be best Shang ever. Even without Cary's face he can rock.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Already noticed a couple of character specific wonky things where mid upskull will combo from certain strings on certain characters and not others due to hit stun stagger being different. Has easy 30% meterless when he can though.

Something which is awesome aswell, because you can morph between old and young Shang at any time, you can do cool stuff like this...

F4,3(young shang specific string) xx DF1, D+L2

This results in you morphing to old shang before the skull comes out, making up skull (old shang move) come out instead of straight skull (young shang move) from a young shang string. And you can confirm this into 30% meterless.

navvy

Noob
so can you swap to different version of Shang mid string and then use that version special moves? doesn't seem to work me..