What's new

Shang Tsung 100% Soul Steal X-Ray Combo (CSZ bomb reset)

Hi, sorry if this is already known about, mods feel free to delete this if it turns out it's wasting space. I just discovered (and I use that word tentatively) a 100% soul steal x-ray combo for shang tsung vs CSZ.

It goes like this, and i'm just assuming a naked soul steal here.

Soul Steal, dash, u4 xx ff3, dash, 2 1 2+1, fj xray. (bomb explodes as 2+1 hits. careful to hit neutral 2 and not f2). I don't have a means of recording this, but test it yourself. This is assuming that there is no blocking during the reset, if the opponent blocks the 2 1 2+1 the combo will obviously do less... but a 3-bar 90% combo isnt exactly something to take lightly.

How does Shang fare soul stealing somebody like Cyrax who has an even higher damaging bomb trap? Granted you can't x-ray because cyrax's 60% combo needs meter, but sill that could get into the 70s or 80s.

-M-

Noob
I'll record that for you if you want, though it's quite hard to get a random u+4 with cyber sub, still nice to know possibilities.

As for Cyrax I've got a 70% combo without playing around too much, and that wasn't even with his ex bomb, mid bomb dash 3,3,saw thing, so could probably get a lot more than 70% for 1 bar rather easily.

Edit: here you go

You can hit an u4 off of a jip. So long as you land a jip when doing this, it's guaranteed if you don't drop the combo. Adding the jip actually makes this combo do almost 5% less damage, though. So with a jip it's not always an instant kill but honestly 97% or so is the exact same thing, especially with all of shangs projectiles getting chip damage...

Also, I <3 you for making up a video.

EDIT: Oh, and if you start the combo later on in Shang's Soul Steal, it usually stays in effect until after the 2 1 2+1. After that part of the string, just don't fj to do csz's x-ray, and stand still and do Shang's. Pretty much the same effect.