What's new

Shang couldnt possibly be that bad..

CDash

Noob
it's no way this guy sucks like this... it's usually the "hard" characters that kick your ass the most when you learn how to use them. i am getting BLOWN UP when i try and play w/ shang lol, can somebody point me in the right direction with this? thanks in advance. -Dash :D

Altaire

Noob
Well, there's only so much anyone can tell you with the information given. What's blowing you up? What's working for you and what's not? Shang is no worse than top fifteen, which is plenty viable. It's definitely possible to make him work.

The most obvious suggestion is to tell you to watch footage of Detroit's Shang, because he's unquestionably the best Shang player in the world. If you really aren't sure how to play your character, watching top players use them is generally the best starting point.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

Well some of the problems with shang is the wake up game and getting out of the corner. In that case, use ex soul steal or block and neutral jump.

Of course if you're just getting blown up because of skill difference you'll need to just practice in training mode.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Shang's rushdown is absurd; shang's zoning is absurd, shang's corner pressure is absurd.

Nick Louckes

Lets see what you're made of!
if you're playing kabal against him then don't try and zone, shangs zoning with beat you try and get in a fast as you can and abuse shangs slow ass recoveries, also watch out for that D3 shang has... its one of the best for getting out of pressure. also when pressuring shang, try to do some cross-over punches , if shang whiffs a move, it will most likely by punished due to his gay recovery times... (Sorry if you dont play kabal, I'm pretty sure you do due to your profile pic lol)

Shang tsung is by far the worst character in the game. he has the worst mobility, the worst normals, and stupid specials that are punishable from full screen on block. his movement is bad, he looks ugly his mom is fat and he's free to baraka. that is all

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Shang tsung is by far the worst character in the game. he has the worst mobility, the worst normals, and stupid specials that are punishable from full screen on block. his movement is bad, he looks ugly his mom is fat and he's free to baraka. that is all
lmao

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Im so confused. What?

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
The more I read your posts, the sadder/more unfunny you get...

F4 + close ground skull is the way to go.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
then why are you going around looking at everything i do? i didnt ask for your approval. look at the title of the thread then read my post. if you dont get it you're dumb
Follow you around? Don't flatter yourself. You just happen to be on this website 24/7, so I'm bound to run into your drivel every now and then. Fucking sad tryhard.

Follow you around? Don't flatter yourself. You just happen to be on this website 24/7, so I'm bound to run into your drivel every now and then. Fucking sad tryhard.
im not about to get into a spat with you. if you dont like me so be it, but it's far less productive to try to justify that to me than to either just avoid me or talk it out with me in a positive way. i mean seriously, what are you trying to accomplish by saying "i thought you were funny a month ago when i started playing this game but now i dont." so what who cares.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
im not about to get into a spat with you. if you dont like me so be it, but it's far less productive to try to justify that to me than to either just avoid me or talk it out with me in a positive way. i mean seriously, what are you trying to accomplish by saying "i thought you were funny a month ago when i started playing this game but now i dont." so what who cares.
I never thought you were funny.

You post in a thread saying nothing positive, and then are surprised when someone shits on you.

Anyways, I'm over it.