What's new

[Sep 4, 2011] Souper Bowl Tournament: Labor Day Weekend! (Lowell, MA)

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Posting this on behalf of asiantom!

There will be a Mortal Kombat side tournament! $5 entry, double elimination, held on PlayStation 3. I'll be supplying the system and a CRT TV. All DLC characters will be available, but Freddy Kreuger is banned, and so are the unlockable and DLC costumes.

asiantom said:

Opting not to have a Souper Bowl Tournament for August between Summerjam and other MA tournaments coming up. I hope Sunday of Labor Day weekend works for everyone!
Last SB it was MVC3 3v3 Teams, this SB it is SSFIV:AE 3v3 Teams! Get together!
MK9 players, bring a setup and we'll give you a place to play and a bracket to use!

Also, note that MVC3 is now starting at 2pm, and SSFIV be starting later.

Doors open at 11:30am
SSFIV:AE 3v3 Teams: 2PM

MVC3 Singles Registration at 1PM
Starts at 2PM

SSFIV:AE Singles Registration at 4PM
Starts at 5PM

- $5 venue fee
- $5 for teams
- $10 MVC3, SSFIV:AE
- Bring your own controller and/or stick (Then keep an eye on it!)

SSFIV & MvC3 on XBOX
- Matches are 2/3, 3/5 for Winners, Losers and Grand Finals
- 2/3 rounds
- Double Elimination

Pot Distribution for all games:
1st Prize: 60% of pot
2nd Prize: 30% of pot
3rd Prize: 10% of pot

Setups
If you can bring a setup, you get the venue fee waived. If you can bring an XBOX please bring a CRT or lagless monitor, let me know! At the moment, we have extra TVs, first come first serve!

1. asiantom (3 TVs | 1 XBOX)
2. Souperbowl (2 TVs)

Follow me on Twitter:
/asiantom

Support the stream:
http://twitch.tv/asiantom

kona

Noob
I will be running brackets for MK9. Even though this is a side tourney, I hope we can get a good turnout!

Also, to anyone using wireless controllers, please turn them off after you are done playing. If they're not turned off and you interrupt a tournament match, you will be disqualified from your match. No exceptions!

eh do we really need an entry fee for just a few people?

at GU I was asking around and a bunch of players who liked MK didn't enter because of the fee. I think we should get more people into the tourney as a priority over having a meager cash prize