What's new

Sep. 29th 2020 Presidential Debate Discussion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Is he ? I remember when the protests started for George Floyd there were reports of stashes of bricks and just recently when the police were not charged over the Breonna Taylor's death u haul vans pulled up with supplies for riots. Seems there is some form of organisation there.
The issue with this is that people assume that's Antifa, when it's likely either 1) Random idiots that just want to cause trouble (some people just like to see the world burn), or 2) People in opposition to the protest looking to frame the protesters as violent.

As far as 2), there's a long history with this kind of thing around big 'from the people' protest movements. For example, look at the Dirty War in Mexico (you can look it up on Wikipedia if you need to know what it was). They hired people to shoot in the crowd, so that they could shoot back and then say that everything was justified to quiet the unrest.

There are numerous videos of protesters trying to shut people down who are instigating and destroying their neighborhoods. So this notion that it's a huge coordinated effort between the entire Democratic base seems extremely silly to me.

A lot of times they just look like teen vandals with nothing else to do:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Is he ? I remember when the protests started for George Floyd there were reports of stashes of bricks and just recently when the police were not charged over the Breonna Taylor's death u haul vans pulled up with supplies for riots. Seems there is some form of organisation there.
Antifa is organized in the same way that you might consider the FGC organized. There's some common interest or shared ideas, but it's not like there are actual official organized chapters with localized presidents and dues paying members belonging to some national Antifa organization.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I feel like Vslayer's white privilege is oppressing a person of color like me to the 10th degree guys. It feels like I would be thrown in jail for having a different opinion if she was a cop in my hometown. Feels good to use lefty logic sometimes, right guys? These are my true feelings guys so there's nothing conspiratorial about this statement.
It's like you want me to drink this pineapple vodka and embarrass you so deeply that your ancestors feel it in their bones and avoid ever procreating you or your bloodline.

Good grief.

Anyway, much like @Swindle always tries to do in the FChamp Thread, let's get back to the topic at hand:
Last night may have been the biggest shit show in the history of televised debate.
Yes? No? Maybe?
I can't think of one that's happened that was crazier than this.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Take note guys. Not only can you not say anything racist, homophobic or sexist, which I totally agree with btw, but now hearsay cannot be expressed or you'll get the ban hammer. Orwellian censorship at its finest on this site.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I can't think of one that's happened that was crazier than this.
It was the most American thing I've witnessed in a really long time. It's like even Trump doesn't take himself seriously. Or he does too much. It's hard to tell really. It's a weird format I feel like, but they should find a way to decrease interruptions like just close the mic of the non-speaker.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Take note guys. Not only can you not say anything racist, homophobic or sexist, which I totally agree with btw, but now hearsay cannot be expressed or you'll get the ban hammer. Orwellian censorship at its finest on this site.
You've literally been being stupid for so long and so obnoxiously that at least half the people in this thread already know not to take you seriously.

But sure. Keep trying to detail the thread because you couldn't screw up the other one. The vodka is open and I will be happy to keep whacking you on the head with the newspaper.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I thought the 2 minutes time limit is some of the issue. The topics talked about need more time and imo that caused a lot of the shouting over each other. All there seemed to be was half answers and off topic garbage from both sides.
I have to admit this is the 1st time I have been intrested in American politics. Are these debates always like this?

haketh

Noob
I feel like Vslayer's white privilege is oppressing a person of color like me to the 10th degree guys. It feels like I would be thrown in jail for having a different opinion if she was a cop in my hometown. Feels good to use lefty logic sometimes, right guys? These are my true feelings guys so there's nothing conspiratorial about this statement.
Shut the fuck up Good Lord

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I thought the 2 minutes time limit is some of the issue. The topics talked about need more time and imo that caused a lot of the shouting over each other. All there seemed to be was half answers and off topic garbage from both sides.
I have to admit this is the 1st time I have been intrested in American politics. Are these debates always like this?
FUCK NO!

I mean there's usually some interrupting, and sound bite answers are part of it, but not like this.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Antifa is organized in the same way that you might consider the FGC organized. There's some common interest or shared ideas, but it's not like there are actual official organized chapters with localized presidents and dues paying members belonging to some national Antifa organization.
Yeah plus they're not exactly horrifying anyways

Don't take it too seriously, just a cringe video

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Is that legit or is it a joke vid? I worry for them if they are legit.
I've been trying to find out, I really really really really really hope that it's a meme / skit. I really worry for them if they try to fight anyone, I'm not exaggerating, I think they'd get their shit wrecked by the average 14 year old.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
It was the most American thing I've witnessed in a really long time. It's like even Trump doesn't take himself seriously. Or he does too much. It's hard to tell really.
No and no. Let's be clear about this at least: That debate was very atypical and very un-American. That was what you'd expect to see if they bothered to hold sham debates in Putin's Russia or Kim Jong-Un's North Korea.

Now that the initial shock has worn off some, it's becoming more clear the debate was just another part of Trump's strategy to undermine and delegitimize the entire election. He knows he's very unlikely to win a fair election, so he and his enablers have been doing everything they can to damage the process (like kneecapping the postal service), spread fear about 'voter fraud' (among other Russian disinformation propaganda being hand-fed to them), prepare to challenge the ballots and declare them 'uncountable', and stack the SCOTUS with justices who will then hand him the presidency a la Bush v. Gore in 2000.

The debate was more of the same. Whether Trump's behavior was a calculated attempt to sow more mistrust of the system, a narcissistic ego boost, or an erosion of sanity (probably some of each), he didn't want a fair and equitable debate, because that would appear like he recognizes the legitimacy of the process and the election itself. No, he wants us to think the process is a fraud and he won't participate in it. He was up there only to deliver that message, and otherwise stop Biden from delivering any message at all.

The integrity of our elections is one of the most, one of the only, 'American' ideals we have left. So no, seeing someone attack that so viciously is not normal; it's terrifying. What's even more terrifying is how many Americans still think he's a great president--so it's not like we can even say we'll never have to worry about someone like him holding the office again.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Yes, but the mainstream media is predictably only focusing on the Trump's "stack back and stand by" statement.

As you can see from the partisanship on this website alone, both sides are already claiming that their candidate won. LOL.

The fact that Trump and Biden are on the debate stage is poignant. Trump is a provocateur while Biden has 200 recovery frames after every long word. As much as tonight's circus show is entertaining, I had much rather see an intellectual debate between two thinkers like Ron Paul and Berni Sanders, but the American people get what they have voted for.
Biden had a bad stutter as a child and mostly overcame it through speech therapy. That's why he occasionally stumbles over his words. Many people let the far right narrative of him being "senile" take hold due to seeing him stutter from time to time.

I'll be honest. As a person who sits in the middle between conservative values and liberal values, I believe Biden would get the U.S. back on track. We are the laughing stock of the world right now. What president would allow our adversaries to put bounties on our soldiers heads and go uncontested?

Trump did that.

What president continuously blames others and divides the country instead of offering solutions that work for everyone?

Trump does that.

Why now do I catch more racist comments and attitudes from people in my quiet little neighborhood because they feel like Trump's got their back on it?

Well, Trump's not helping that either.

What president pisses off our allies and seems to cozy up to our adversaries?

I don't even need to answer that.

You see, I had high hopes for him taking office. After the first year, I was done. Pretty much the only folks that benefit from him taking office are those who can take advantage of his tax breaks. His handling of the pandemic is abysmal as well. How have any of his base benefited from his actions? They are not any better off than they were before he took office. In fact, some are worse off.

He was heard on audio stating that HE KNEW the virus was deadly yet, told the public that the virus was just like the flu. This guy lied and it cost over 200,000 lives so far. He did that to preserve the economy but he could have done this better. He could have followed the reality and the science.

He could have encouraged mask wearing and distancing like what we do now. This dude got folks to follow a bad example and now here we are. Had he not done these things, he would have had my vote.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
He could have encouraged mask wearing and distancing like what we do now. This dude got folks to follow a bad example and now here we are. Had he not done these things, he would have had my vote.
This especially, tells a lot about a leader during a worldwide pandemic. In Canada, or at least in my province, wearing masks in public buildings is REQUIRED. You can't enter no building without one and guess what? We only had 3 cases in my particular town over the last 5 months. It's just weird, to not require masks to help reduce the spread of the virus, whether you think it's deadly or not, it's still a virus.

I feel like Trump is literally taking stances that the people who voted for him want to hear. If he were to say weak your masks, there would be a massive uproar from those anti-maskers. Politics is about public approval and then doing shady shit behind their backs when they aren't looking. He always played a character on TV, I think he's still playing a character.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
only liberals are mad about how he pays 750 in taxes...but okay with illegal immigrants paying ZERO.
This is flat out not true. No one wants illegal immigrants to get off scott free for anything. The ones I know came here to work. They work the jobs that no one is willing to do. American business owners hire them and pay them under the table in some cases. Some immigrants come here to escape persecution or death from their home countries. Also, let's be clear. The only immigrants that Trump and his supporters don't like are the ones that don't come from Europe and Canada. Those European and Canadian immigrants are guilty of staying here illegally and in many cases, getting paid under the table.

You and many others don't know or care about that because they look like what you like to see in the U.S. (white). Don't make excuses for a wealthy man who got away with paying less in federal taxes than you did. Admire him if he is willing to hook us all up like that. Until then, don't enable him.

Had Obama done that shit, the base would have lost their shit and hired a mob to go get him. Why does Trump get to do these things? I know why and so do you.

Last edited:

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
You and many others don't know or care about that because they look like what you like to see in the U.S. (white).
One doesn't need to be a racist to believe in a strong border.

Had Obama done that shit, the base would have lost their shit and hired a mob to go get him. Why does Trump get to do these things? I know why and so do you.
At least in regards to immigration, Obama DID do that shit, his administration bearing some of the most severe examples of enforcement to date.

Wigy

There it is...
as a person from another country with no stake in it.

moderation was bias- questions were way harder for trump, he was aggressively chased on questions but biden got easy questions, then when he fumbled the moderator quickly cut to the next question.

biden is visibly wearing a wire. You can see it popping out his jacket and his sleeve.

Trump came out too aggressively and looked bad, biden flip flopped on that green deal and STILL wont condemn antifa, insulting everyone’s intelligence saying theyre an idea is wild. Everyones latching onto trump not condemning white supremacy, he should have just done it there to save himself bother. He has publicly done it though before so dont know why he had to again.

theyre both moronic.