What's new

Sep. 29th 2020 Presidential Debate Discussion

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Biden getting questions beforehand, ear pieces not getting checked etc., those are conspiracies to me. Debate your own views, that's fine, but that stuff is just going to incite people coming at them and devolving what should be a debate into a flame war, as was the case here. I wasn't around a lot for the Champ thread, but if people don't tag I can't see or screen every single post.

Truth of the matter is, all politicians are scum and politics are sus so don't put all your faith in 'em yeah?
None of those are conspiracy theories VV. Maybe you should get more informed on what's going on in the world. You know this type of moderating is why so many people have left TYM, do you not? Don't worry though. I can reach a wider audience elsewhere.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
None of those are conspiracy theories VV. Maybe you should get more informed on what's going on in the world. You know this type of moderating is why so many people have left TYM, do you not? Don't worry though. I can reach a wider audience elsewhere.
Yes, let me take the time out of my work day to research politics NOT from my country to moderate flame wars because people can't debate. It is 100% a conspiracy and I stand by that.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Yes, let me take the time out of my work day to research politics NOT from my country to moderate flame wars because people can't debate. It is 100% a conspiracy and I stand by that.
Yes, you've never brought up here say in any conversation you've had in your entire life. Please, stop the hypocrisy. There's nothing fair about censoring people's speech especially the completely harmless post I just posted. Aren't you the queen of trolling on here, but you don't like other people doing it or maybe you're doing it because you don't like Trump supporters. Guess we'll really never know.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Yes, you've never brought up here say in any conversation you've had in your entire life. Please, stop the hypocrisy. There's nothing fair about censoring people's speech especially the completely harmless post I just posted. Aren't you the queen of trolling on here, but you don't like other people doing it or maybe you're doing it because you don't like Trump supporters. Guess we'll really never know.
I guess this is true, here's Biden confirming it. /S

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah I hate Trump, he hates me. :coffee: If you're quite done, you can use your freedom to debate without using idiotic conspiracies.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Dude, what's not fair is creating troll discussions that you know will add absolutely nothing of value to anyone and will most likely just start unnecessary flame and expecting mods to do nothing. The mods aren't running a country, this is a privately run website that doesn't even have politics as its main subject anyways.
I can absolutely assure you that if someone created a rage bait post with outlandish claims on Trump it would be deleted too.

Dude, what's not fair is creating troll discussions that you know will add absolutely nothing of value to anyone and will most likely just start unnecessary flame and expecting mods to do nothing. The mods aren't running a country, this is a privately run website that doesn't even have politics as its main subject anyways.
I can absolutely assure you that if someone created a rage bait post with outlandish claims on Trump it would be deleted too.
Every claim about trump is outlandish to these guys though even ones proven true.

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
One thing to keep in mind is that while a majority of corporations or businesses are small, when it comes to economic impact most of that comes from a relatively small amount of very large corporations/businesses. Even if your own personal experience really is the "average", it unfortunately doesn't matter as much because your economic weight isn't proportional.
Small business constitute somewhere between 44-50% of GDP, I don't think it's unreasonable for their financial interests to be in the front seat when discussing tax reform. I understand your specific model directly addresses the difference between substantially large corporations and the average firm, but such a plan or distinction isn't made by either politician when (not) discussing the rate.

This is why I was so surprised and appalled when Trump elected to forgo talking about what is for many the singular reason they'd vote for him to instead go on a bunch of bullshit.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Yeah I hate Trump, he hates me. :coffee: If you're quite done, you can use your freedom to debate without using idiotic conspiracies.
Good to know your stance on Trump now. It makes a lot more sense that you've chosen to censor me and nobody else. Since you've just insulted me, I guess I can say you're no different than any other authoritarian dictator in the world and those people are the real idiots. Try not to hit that ban button or you're hypocrisy is really going to show, Bye bye now.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Please shut the hell up already.

You have contributed literally nothing to this entire forum this entire year but instigation and idiocy. To the point that people already know what they're in for the moment they see you post. At least the other Trumpers here have the decency not to be play pretend contrarian edgelords and make people feel weird just because they can.
You were going to do this no matter what the first post where was where you managed to say something dumb enough to get it taken down. Enough.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This is why I was so surprised and appalled when Trump elected to forgo talking about what is for many the singular reason they'd vote for him to instead go on a bunch of bullshit.
I always figured the big reason was Supreme Court Judge and other Judicial appointments.

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
I always figured the big reason was Supreme Court Judge and other Judicial appointments.
I'm sure that's also certainly true, but I think for the more apolitically minded person the perceived immediate relation of a candidate to their wallet guides them more than ideological bent. In my current area of Texas for example, this is single handily responsible for the county sticking red for so long despite every other indication of leaning blue.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The baseless assertion that Biden was being fed answers by an ear piece is, in fact, a conspiracy theory designed to delegitimize a candidate.
Someone in the Filipino Champ thread was literally calling for the conflagration of a precinct and justifying the shooting of police officers. Nothing happened, and I support freedom of speech and expression so I was not going to report the post. But Sub_on_Dubs says something about an earpiece and his post is subsequently deleted. Absurd.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Someone in the Filipino Champ thread was literally calling for the conflagration of a precinct and justifying the shooting of police officers. Nothing happened, and I support freedom of speech and expression so I was not going to report the post. But Sub_on_Dubs says something about an earpiece and his post is subsequently deleted. Absurd.
And that Biden only had the questions in advance, and that Biden's side didn't check for earpieces.

And by the way, all debate questions are determined beforehand and both parties knows about them. So yes, a baseless conspiracy theory indeed. I deleted the post because he was already getting flamed and I want to encourage good debates not just trolling and flaming. You're not bringing up all the info to answer the post that was correct in the first place, now that's absurd.

You didn't want to report the post is BS excuse honestly, you can DM any active mod. I wasn't at the time.

Last edited:

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I feel like Vslayer's white privilege is oppressing a person of color like me to the 10th degree guys. It feels like I would be thrown in jail for having a different opinion if she was a cop in my hometown. Feels good to use lefty logic sometimes, right guys? These are my true feelings guys so there's nothing conspiratorial about this statement.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
He's right. Antifia is not an organization. it's more of a philosophy to fight against fascism
Is he ? I remember when the protests started for George Floyd there were reports of stashes of bricks and just recently when the police were not charged over the Breonna Taylor's death u haul vans pulled up with supplies for riots. Seems there is some form of organisation there.

trufenix

bye felicia
Is he ? I remember when the protests started for George Floyd there were reports of stashes of bricks and just recently when the police were not charged over the Breonna Taylor's death u haul vans pulled up with supplies for riots. Seems there is some form of organisation there.
That's like. . . 20 dollars worth of organization.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Saw this and thought it was a pretty humorous representation of the clown show from last night. Definitely what I was thinking while watching.