SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Post quoted from SRK:

Start Date: Sep 24, 2011 11:00 AM
End Date: Sep 25, 2011 03:00 AM
Time zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT

6004 E. Virginia Beach Boulevard
Norfolk, VA 23502

Trying to resurrect a tournament that people will remember for a while. I have a few surprises at the tournament so be on the lookout like putting up say .. the new TEKKEN movie on the projector! *ahem*

There will be $1000 Guarantee Pot for AE and I will also add on top of the pot $300 for the GAME that brings out the most players. Though chances are, it will be AE - I just want to bring out other players from other games by giving this incentive.

If you bring 2 friends to play in any games in the tournament, you will get $5 off your entry fee of choice.
If you bring 3 friends to play in any games in the tournament, you will get one free entry to any game of choice + free venue fee for yourself.

It will be a very straight forward and typical tournament featuring the main 4 games: SSF4:AE, MK9, Tekken 6 and MVC3.

There are currently 9 PS3s and 12 x360s and enough 32"+ LCDs to go around for each systems as well as projectors to accommodate the tournament. There will be food and beverages; nothing special - just burgers / hotdogs on the grill and chips / sodas / drinks. (prices for that haven't been finalized but won't be but like $1 or $2 combos; nothing fancy)

As of right now, that's all that's been confirmed. I will get back to you more regarding exact prices, DLC, BYOC setups, and even smaller tourneys like Third Strike or Blazeblue, even Shaq Fu if people are down. It's still up in the air. Stay tuned!

I will also put up a registration link and paypal as well by Friday. I look forward to seeing everyone!

If you can help me out, please comment with "CONFIRM: <games you're participating in> <Name> <Alias> <email>

Cheers,
Chau

SRK Thread HERE

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Those who have been in the community long enough know all about VTYME. After a few years' hiatus, it's BACK, and as HYPE as ever. This will be the next BIG East Coast tournament before NEC. Everyone, post up and come out to this!

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'm gonna try to go to all these tournies on the east coast. I'm unsure of how, but god dammit I'll try!

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Where is the venue relative to the airport?
Looks like you can just leave the airport and drive down Military Highway. Then head east on Virginia Beach Blvd.
Or you could just hop on I-64 heading east and take the Virginia Beach Blvd exit. The venue looks to be just west of the interstate.

Looks like you can just leave the airport and drive down Military Highway. Then head east on Virginia Beach Blvd.
Or you could just hop on I-64 heading east and take the Virginia Beach Blvd exit. The venue looks to be just west of the interstate.
Eh... to be honest with you, if I have to rent a car, I'm not sure I want to go.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
If you're flying out, I'm sure that there will be some players that could pick you up from the airport.

Creepy00

Noob
How much 4 entry fee and venue fee?
and what time estimated will Mk finals finish around? Plannin if i can assist or not, i ve school :/

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
It's all in the link he posted:

- Venue fee is $15, half price if just observing.
- There will be hot dogs, burgers and chips available free of charge once in the venue
- Cost to enter a tournament is $10
- Not sure on when MK will specifically go down but the event is scheduled from 11:00am Saturday to 3:00am Sunday.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I'm going to be helping Chau with running the tournament. I'll probably be in charge of the MK9 and T6 tourneys. It will definitely be great to see you guys there.

Also, how many would be interested in MK Tag 2 v 2?

Creepy00

Noob
Around 4hrs distance :/ i will see if i can show up
Btw is Tom Brady goin to really show up? Saw on the Link.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Just thought I'd bump this back to the top to keep people reminded about this weekend. Oh yeah, the name is actually now VA As|SALT, not VYTME.