What's new

[Sep 16, 2011] Local Battles & Kombat Network presents... Salty Battles V

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'll try and be there around 5 tomorrow. Got a class at 9, take a nap for a little and head out.

Is there a bus schedule for the stop there? If I get knocked out early I might head back to go out (I mean, it is a Friday after all, haha).

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Anyone who's coming from the city who wants to roll with me from the GWB bus terminal hit me up with a pm.

If anyone is able to bring PS3 w/power cord, we can use the extra consoles. I wanna have as many setups possible so no one has to wait for casuals. There are plenty of Xbox 360's & monitors that can be used if people bring converters or have dual modded sticks. Thanks!

Matix218

Get over here!
If anyone is able to bring PS3 w/power cord, we can use the extra consoles. I wanna have as many setups possible so no one has to wait for casuals. There are plenty of Xbox 360's & monitors that can be used if people bring converters or have dual modded sticks. Thanks!
Ill bring my PS3

Also guys, we could use some help on regular computer speakers. That will help a ton.

if you can deal with average pc speakers i got a extra set at my desk, maybe 2
ill check with the computer guy at work, see if hes got any lying around.
how many you looking to get a hold of?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
So hype for tonight. Finally, some crisp fall air too.

I'm ready to hand out salt packets.

localbattles

Gaming Center
if you can deal with average pc speakers i got a extra set at my desk, maybe 2
ill check with the computer guy at work, see if hes got any lying around.
how many you looking to get a hold of?
As many as we can to ensure that every setup has sound. As of now, the number is yet to be determined based on attendance.

Good stuff, LB. I'm going to be watching it. I wish I lived in NY, but I <3 Chicago as well.

Who's confirmed for attendance? REO/Brady showing up?

Noob
I'm stuck at work until 5:30pm... and I am REO's and Brady's ride. MK9 is starting later than the other tournaments though, around like 7:30-8pm, but I'll be pushing it along as quickly as I can so we get through it at a decent hour.

Some other VSM players should be there too:
Erik Warda
CD Jr.
CD
Maxter
Hitoshura
Klassy Sasquatch

See you guys later...

Oh, and I'll also have some version of UMK3 with me for those who wanna play some casuals.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
chomping at the bit to get out of work... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

who's all there already?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The input lag with the monitors at LB made this absolutely unplayable for me. I didn't even have fun. I played Teef and CDjr, 2 very good players who I respect, but I couldn't even give the slightest ounce of competition against them with how bad those monitors are. This is my first and last time playing at Local Battles until there's a change. Unlike what my match on stream showed, I'm actually a decent player. Yes, I'm salty, because the WHOLE reason I go to these things is to compete without lag.

Had a awsome time, great fight everyone I played, not to mention I got to play chris g on streaming my first time out and of course big ups to the 2 super hot chicks at the front desk and door. See you cats next month, hopefully sooner. If your in the tri state and you never did a offline tourney this is not to be missed

Oi Jim, oi chris and oi Trevor, I think your name was Trevor
Great time, wish I could of stayed longer to hang but I had booze at home

Had a awsome time, great fight everyone I played, not to mention I got to play chris g on streaming my first time out and of course big ups to the 2 super hot chicks at the front desk and door. See you cats next month, hopefully sooner. If your in the tri state and you never did a offline tourney this is not to be missed

Oi Jim, oi chris and oi Trevor, I think your name was Trevor
Great time, wish I could of stayed longer to hang but I had booze at home
Well...booze and an 1 1/2 hr drive

ggs everyone out there, shoutouts to getting blown up by check on live stream in your first tournament appearance ever.

Thanks check.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
How in the fuck has this thread not blown up yet?

Where are all the stream monsters that watched it go down?

CD Jr took out CD, REO, Maxter, and then reset Erik Warda in grand finals to take it.

Those were probably the most mind blowing matches I've ever seen.

Probably due to the reason many people didn't get to watch it, like myself. I usually watch streams from my IPod, because my computer is slow, and Bifutiki ran into issues regarding their stream, quality, audio, and stability.

You couldn't watch it on the IPod because of the hyper speed audio, random fast forwards and stutters, and the stream freezing due to that. Even people on PCs complained to my knowledge.

I wish I could of watched it, did he use Rain or Jax?

Jax - CD Jr lost his first round with Rain (to a Mileena player), then ran through the entire tournament with Jax. He didn't like the input delay so he switched out of Rain.

Results were:
1. CD Jr. (Jax)
2. Erik Warda (Kabal)
3. Maxter (Cyrax, with a small dose of Raiden)
4. REO (Kung Lao)
5. Swift Tom Hanks (Sektor)
5. Chris G (Skarlet/Noob/Reptile)
7. Crazy Dominican (Kitana)
7. Riu48 (Sonya)

Brady lost to Swift Tom Hanks (Sektor) and Riu48 - again - with Kung Lao.