What's new

[Sep 16, 2011] Local Battles & Kombat Network presents... Salty Battles V

localbattles

Gaming Center
Salty Sessions (casuals) every Friday starting at 7PM till close #MK9 #AE #MVC3

Local Battles, Chocolate Lemon and Kombat Network presents Salty Battles V!
Featuring Mortal Kombat (2011) - Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – Super Street Fight 4: Arcade Edition

::Artwork Pending::

When: Friday Sept 16th, 3:00 PM Casual start time | First Match for MK9, AE, MVC3 and 3SO is 6:30 SHARP – PLEASE BE ON TIME

Please note that outside food will be permitted for Salty Battles Events until our food permit is approved.

Where:
LOCAL BATTLES
1207 Anderson Avenue
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
PICS OF THE VENUE
GOOGLE MAPS

Mortal Kombat streamed by Bifuteki
Marvel vs. Capcom3 and SSFIV:AE stream by 8WayRun

Transportation from NYC:

<Fastest way from Manhattan>

<Alternative Bus Option>
Take A,C,E to Port Authority
Take NJT Bus 159 to ANDERSON AVE AT BRINKERHOFF AVE
Walk up 1 block, located on Anderson Ave between Plateau Ave and Central Blvd
(Last bus Back to NYC is 2:10 am)

MVC3 and AE Tournaments will be held on Xbox360
MK9 Tournament will be held on PS3
BYOC for tournament

Venue Fee: $10
Entry Fee: $10 Each
Pot Split 70/20/10

Venue Fee includes wrist band for Casual play during and after a Salty Battles event until close @ 3AM. Casual play post event includes over 70 game selection including COD BlackOps w/ map packs, NBA 2K11, FIFA 2K11, NFS Hot Pursuit, Crysis 2 and more.

Free Spectating

—————————————————————————————————-
Mortal Kombat 9
Brackets by UMKShock
Clock on Default
Winner keeps character
2/3 rounds
2/3 matches
3/5 grand finals
Kombat Kodes that affect gameplay are banned
Kratos Banned
Kratos Stage banned
Street Stage banned
FREDDY AND costumes banned
Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain allowed
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Brackets by Phire
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Team (Characters, Assists and Order must be exactly the same)
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION
Brackets by Phire
Clock on 99 seconds
Winner keeps Character/ can switch Ultra, Loser can change Character/Ultra
Sets are 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3/5 matches, Winner from Losers must win 2 sets while Winner from Winners only needs to win 1
STREET FIGHTER 3rd Strike Offline
Brackets TBD
Rules TBD

Facebook Event Link
Salty Battles 1 Photo Recap

Local Battles Gaming Center
1207 Anderson Ave. Fort Lee, NJ 07024
http://www.localbattles.com

localbattles

Gaming Center
The MK community at Local Battles Gaming Center is the fastest, most dedicated community growing at this time in our venue. We need a few good (wo)men to help continue to build that momentum for our Friday Night sessions and Salty Battles events. Do you have a skill or a talent that you can donate to help our growing community? Currently we are crowd sourcing for multiple people with the following skill sets:

1) High Level stream commentating (NJ Local) - Do you understand high level game play? Are you familiar with most people on our MK roaster? Do you have an outgoing personality? Are you comfortable with public speaking?

2) Live stream moderators - Do you know how to feed the stream monsters? Are you a twitter guru with a large MK following? Do you think you can entice people to join the stream with live moment updates via twitter? Can you write a stream monster chat summary post event?

3) Graphic Artists - Can you help visually hype our event(s)? We could use assistance with custom banners, avatars, signatures, Main event graphics, in-store promotions. We have a small pool of designers but always looking to ad to spread out some of the requests and varied availability.

4) Video Producer/Editor - Can you help us with creating a Salty Battles trailer compiled of player comments/game play/reaction shots for Salty Battles 6 (Tentative 10/21)?

5) Camera man (NJ Local) - Can you help capture the moments that "can't be missed?" Do you have a camera that can capture well in low-light? Can we provide raw digital files to the video editor post event(s)?

6) Hypemen - Do you believe Local Battles Salty Battles is one of the better MK events you have been to? Can you help spread the word via FB, Twitter, email, txt as the event(s)/session(s) approach? Can you add our event(s)/session(s) to your forum signatures, even to those not MK related?

7) Attractive Gamer Girls/Cosplayer (NJ/NYC Local) - Can you help spread our events at your appearances? Interested on commenting MK?

8) Writers - Are you a talented writer who loves MK? Would you grace us with your writing abilities to help copy write ads, marketing materials, post player interviews, post event summary?

9) NJ/NYC Local Basement Monsters - Have you been bodying people left and right online and have not taken the offline plunge? All this is here to reach YOU! Come out to the Valley Stream Monsters on Thursday in Long Island, Salty Sessions Fridays in Fort Lee, NJ and the 8-Bit Dojo on Saturday/Sundays in Manhattan! Support The Next Level to jump start MK in Brooklyn.

That is a lot to ask for and we are sure will not get all of it but we believe in the community and if the community wants it
then they will answer.

Lets get to work and lets get building. If you are interested in helping in any these aspects then email me [email protected]. Do you have a talent or profession we have not listed but still want to help? Please do not hesitate. We can always use help from plumbers, electricians, handymen, carpenters, web developers, social media gurus, and genuine nice people that would help walk an old lady cross the street.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Loor
Community Manager
Local Battles Gaming Center
[email protected]

localbattles

Gaming Center
After a hype Summer Jam 5 you can now get hype for Salty Battles 5 -- expect to see most of the same heavy hitters on this past weekends stream + more!

5) Camera man (NJ Local) - Can you help capture the moments that "can't be missed?" Do you have a camera that can capture well in low-light? Can we provide raw digital files to the video editor post event(s)?
on it

just hit you up, pignataro@impactunlimited...

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
What system is this for? Do we bring our own controllers? Can we played with customized button lay-outs? Thanks!

What system is this for? Do we bring our own controllers? Can we played with customized button lay-outs? Thanks!
MK is run on PS3 cause there are alot of pad players & we all know how bad the x360 dpad is. Bring your own controller, but you can always find someone who will let u use theirs if your having an issue for the tourney. Customize the button layout all you want :)

I might attend..
It was nice meeting you this weekend, even tho we didn't get to play each other, I wanna see more of that Kenshi! You & Check were in the lab hard Saturday night, glad you stopped by. If you cant make it out for SB5, hope to see you stop by for Salty Sessions, we do it every Friday night. Send me a pm & I will shoot you my cell #.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
MK is run on PS3 cause there are alot of pad players & we all know how bad the x360 dpad is. Bring your own controller, but you can always find someone who will let u use theirs if your having an issue for the tourney. Customize the button layout all you want :)
Thank you!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
It was nice meeting you this weekend, even tho we didn't get to play each other, I wanna see more of that Kenshi! You & Check were in the lab hard Saturday night, glad you stopped by. If you cant make it out for SB5, hope to see you stop by for Salty Sessions, we do it every Friday night. Send me a pm & I will shoot you my cell #.
Jimmy!

ty man :) it was nice to meet u as well. Hopefully i will try to show up on Sep 16 for the Battle..if not, then as u said i will try to attend the sessions with u guys. :)

the problem is i live in philly, so i will need a place to crash! and as well as cash! lol so it does need perfect planning. though hopefully, on paper so far, i think i am coming for sure. well be great to see u again as well as everyone else and play with u guys

and sure, i will PM right now right and see if i can know any details about such a trip to NJ

take care Jim :)

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
90% chance of being there tomorrow.
100% chance of being there for SB5.

----

Also if Local Battles needs any graphic design feel free to contact me; I have a degree in graphic design education, so I do this for a living and wouldn't mind helping out where needed.

I really want to go to this but my fight stick is 360 only. Will there be converters there? Would it be possible to use someones SF tE stick while there? Been trying to dual mod but can't find PCB board anywhere. All out of stock!

Thanks everyone.

Definitely coming back to this one after the last tournament. Let's just hope they don't misspell my name to Apex like they did last time lmao.

redeyes

Button Masher
must find a ride )': AND I REALLY WISH I DIDNT FUUUUUCK myself over with 6 hours of driving for my license. if i did them on time i would be able to drive myself if there is one in November >.>

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I was told the tv's at LB have a bit of lag on them. How bad is it? I'm used to an asus.

edit: I was going to ask about how to take the bus there, but you have the easy-mode bus tutorial video. Lol, nice.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I will be there absolutely; I just hope I don't miss the bracket sign up.

Might have to work late, but I'm going to book it straight there.