What's new

Sektor vs Kenshi

Robotic

Gentleman.
Maybe this is known already, but here goes. For this matchup, I have found great success zoning Kenshi out. When you play the proximity game against him, Kenshi players will throw their "projectile". It's almost instant, so they love it. What many of them don't know is that Sektor's upmissile animation causes Kenshi's attack to whiff completely. Free hit. Kenshi can't play the projectile game against Sektor. He will get punished every time he tries because upmissile will land. Up missile has the added benefit of not being reflectable either. True, Sektor's straight missile might be put out of commission for a moment, but when Kenshi now has to hunt offense to stand a chance against the robot devil, he is entering unfamiliar territory for his character design and you will find all of metalred's weapons back at your disposal soon.

In short, keep distance, make Kenshi throw projectiles while you straight matrix them with ur upmissile lean, punish, combo, watch Kenshi try to hunt offense out of desperation and destroy him for it. I hope this helps some of you out there who have struggled with this matchup.

Yeah Sektor can zone pretty easy and his up rocket throws any reacting Kenshi into a frenzy. I just love it whenever they get frustrated from trading projectiles and start wanting to reflect. Leaves people open whenever you step forward and back to fake a rocket for the EX TU.

Too be honest this match up kinda reminds me of the Noob V Sektor match up, i have really yet to come across a great Kenshi but the ones I've ran into depend on zoning and the f22 string for any reliable offense.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Yeah Sektor can zone pretty easy and his up rocket throws any reacting Kenshi into a frenzy. I just love it whenever they get frustrated from trading projectiles and start wanting to reflect. Leaves people open whenever you step forward and back to fake a rocket for the EX TU.

Too be honest this match up kinda reminds me of the Noob V Sektor match up, i have really yet to come across a great Kenshi but the ones I've ran into depend on zoning and the f22 string for any reliable offense.
I ran into a good one today, but his projectile whiffing seemed to blow his mind, so he got bodied. He got one on me before I realized the upmissile lean, after that it was a wrap for keanu.

Nice stuff lol Gotta test it when I use Ketchup. So how about showing Mustard some love, How do you piss Kenshi off with Mustard? I'm still having a difficult time dealing with kenshi when using Mustard.

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
I played a decent Sektor not to long ago, and I feel this match is pretty even. I don't think that Tele-Flurry whiffing on certain animations is that big a deal. Kenshi players should be mindful of this, and be prepared to explore other options.

JkOC

Noob
I fought sum decent kenshi players online with Sektor and every match has been one sided in my favor. If you zone and react well it can get real ugly. Plus Kenshi's lack of speed hurts him to exploit Sektor up close, to me its been a wash up close and heavily one sided to Sektor at distance. I think you can even smiply duck under his teleflurry as well. Maybe I havn't faced a really good one yet though, idk. It's a match up I assume im going to win easily when someone picks him, and so far that has been the case. Having trouble with Skarlet though, she annoys the heck out of me, lol.

Abudabi

Noob
yeah I noticed that nice feature but more and more kenshi players are using the downward slice and abandoning telefurry altogether except for linking combos

Robotic

Gentleman.
If any Kenshi players are reading this, take this into account becuse if you don't, this is 7-3 matchup AT LEAST for Sektor. If you do, I currently have it at 6-4 Sektor.....still looking for a good Kenshi to trade notes with. Abudabi, downward slice will end up being the weapon of choice in this matchup once Keanus become more aware of the serious disadvantage teleflurry puts them in. That will make them all the more predictable, though.

That upmissile combination of lean back to avoid, get your special off, yours lands his doesn't, no meter usage, could spell the opponent's disaster if they don't pay attention.