What's new

Sektor Post Patch Damage Nerfs

Robotic

Gentleman.
I will update post 1 as I find more and as input from you guys comes in and is confirmed.

1. SektorCyrax's meterless 42% combo now does 41% (JIP, 12B1, IATU, B21, B21).

2. The situational UM, JIP, B2~TU, B21, B34, EXTU, B2~Flame Thrower now does 56%. It used to do 57%. As a side note, ending with b21 used to do the same 57% as if you ended with flame thrower, now that variation does 55% damage.

3. The projectile punish combo IATU, B21, F34,EXTU, B2~Flame Thrower ender or B21 ender now does 40%. Pre-patch this combo was 42%.

4. Corner combo 12B1, B21, 12, 122, Flame Thrower now does 43% as opposed to 45% pre-patch.

5. Impractical corner combo UM, JIP, 12B1, B21, 122 X-Ray was at 62%, now it is at 60%.

6. Impractical corner combo UM, JIP, 12B1, B21, 12, 12 X-Ray dropped to 58% from 60%.

7. UM, JIP, 21~TU, B21, B34, EXTU, B2, Flame Thrower (or end with 1) was 57%, now it is 53%.+

8. 21~TU, B21, B34, EXTU, B2, Flame Thrower (or end with 1) was 48% (I'm not 100% on the pre-patch number), now it is 44%.+

*Miscellaneous stuff:

1. I fuckin hate the dash cancel dash correction :D

2. Seriously, fuck that.

3. Back to back Flame Throwers take a tiny bit longer to come out. I don't have another human to test this on, but this may suck pretty bad as it could be a big enough window for your opponent to jump in or away without harm. Someone please test. @

4. 124 is now a 3 hit combo. Though it was listed as a combo in the move list, opponent could always block 4. The time between the 2 hit and 4 hit has narrowed. Also, I've never noticed if 124 was special cancellable on the 4 hit pre-patch, but it is now - maybe new combo possibilities??

5. Arguably the most important nerf of all. In practice mode, when resetting position by pressing select on PS3 (don't know for 360), character faces DO NOT inconsistently look around nervously anymore, wondering what just happened and possibly having an existential crisis because they might just be in the Matrix! I always loved that. <>

6. For those that love poking and rushing down, an unimportant FYI: Post patch, behind and forward upmissile can be launched by cancelling your pokes. If your opponent is respecting your upclose game and you are very close, you can d4 behind missile, f2b1 if they are blocking high. The f2 will push them into the upmissile and chip comes out to 6%, not including the d4. If you're just a little farther away, the f2 will not push them into the upmissile - b1 will though. You can b1 instead if they are blocking low for 4% chip as it will still push them into the behind upmissile . Ideally, your hits will land. All of this shit can be escaped, but in real game situations, you will catch nervous opponents in a lot of stuff and you should know everything Sektor is capable of doing to decide for yourself what you are going to use and when, or simply discard if you wish. <>

Oh, if you manage to land the f2 pushing them into the upmissile, you can cancel into TU, b21, b34, EXTU, B2 flame or 1 for 49%. Not too shabby if you catch them sleeping. Extremely risky combo. <>

*Edit 1
+Edit 2
@Edit 3
<>Edit 4

I will update post 1 as I find more and as input from you guys comes in and is confirmed.

1. SektorCyrax's meterless 42% combo now does 41% (JIP, 12B1, IATU, B21, B21).

2. The situational UM, JIP, B2~TU, B21, B34, EXTU, B2~Flame Thrower now does 56%. It used to do 57%. As a side note, ending with b21 used to do the same 57% as if you ended with flame thrower, now that variation does 55% damage.

3. The projectile punish combo IATU, B21, F34,EXTU, B2~Flame Thrower ender or B21 ender now does 40%. Pre-patch this combo was 42%.

4. Corner combo 12B1, B21, 12, 122, Flame Thrower now does 43% as opposed to 45% pre-patch.

5. Impractical corner combo UM, JIP, 12B1, B21, 122 X-Ray was at 62%, now it is at 60%.

6. Impractical corner combo UM, JIP, 12B1, B21, 12, 12 X-Ray dropped to 58% from 60%.
OMG THEY NERFED MY COMBO ( the first one) i dont normally use it in matches but. godamn. i find an awesome new combo and they nerf it :mad:

i never even noticed the damage nerf. good find robotic.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
in the corner, 12B1, f4, b21, 12 122 flame still does 47 no meter :>

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
EU players havn't even got the patch yet which annoys me more lol. I don't mind the tiny dmg nerfs but I'll be sad about the dash cancel changes lol - but if its across the board then it probaly won't be a nerf.

i still don't get what the problem with the dashing is, i've not noticed any change :I
Really? I have. It's nothing game changing, but he has to come almost to a complete stop before dashing again, instead of being able to shuffle across the screen at lighting speed. But since you probably shouldn't need to dash across a full screen as Sektor, it's not a big deal.

I'm not too terribly worried about the damage nerfs, mostly because of the 214 fix.

So basically they just uped the damage scalling for long combos that use the b21 string in the middle.
Gr8, just as im getting good at pulling off TU b21 b34.

galindo

Noob
1. I fuckin hate the dash cancel dash correction :D

2. Seriously, fuck that.
imo its a nerf for sektor and cyber sub...lame!

3. Back to back Flame Throwers take a tiny bit longer to come out. I don't have another human to test this on, but this may suck pretty bad as it could be a big enough window for your opponent to jump in or away without harm. Someone please test. @
what? please tell me your crazy? i didnt read this in the patch notes...

why did characters like sektor and ermac get damage nerfs, and cyrax gets no damage nerf, and gets a new usefull and safe overhear that was completely unsafe before?

sad panda :(

Robotic

Gentleman.
I don't have anyone to test this with, so I may be observing something that isn't there. It felt like it took longer to come out, though.

I would love if someone tested this, because I use back-to-back torches all the time against players with no fast advancing specials and no armor.

214 always combo'd. 124 was the "broken" combo that's been corrected.
My mistake, I misread.

In any case, these damage nerfs aren't too serious. The largest drops are the ones that are the most situational and therefore the least likely to be done. Still, it's irritating that it wasn't made public in the patch notes like Ermac's. Perhaps this information would have been better to know than his back-jets now turning off.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Im still pre patch and 124 has always been special cancellable btw. The string still doesn't have any use however because the 4 comes out too slow to use in combo's and 122 is a far better string on block and hit.

Anyway gd stuff with the up missle traps, I've found that at around max d4 range though you can still push them into normal up missle and even up close it'll only push the further away if your doing f2 as fast as possible. Any small delay (online) and they're usually still hit by the normal up missle.

ryublaze

Noob
I do something similar to that. I mix these up on a blocking opponent:

f2, up missile
d4, up missile
122 up missile

I especially like doing f2, up missile a few times in a row. It can be escaped by jumping forward or back but that is where infront/behind up missiles come in. Fast specials like shadow kick can get past it too. Something cool about 122 up missile is that if your opponent gets hit by the last 2 and tries to jump forward, they'll get hit by the up missile. Then you can go for a JK TU combo or something.