What's new

Scorpion Sucks, Scorpion Rules - Lets Complain Here

Should NRS buff Scorpion, even a little bit???

• Total voters

Shady

Noob
Regardless, this is how fighting games should be (thus why tier lists exist)

Some are very very good, some are very very bad. Some are ok, some are better than ok.

Not every character can be the best in the game, no?
I don't understand why the discussion didn't stop after this?

RamenO

It Stinks!
Kind of makes me mad at how people in this thread are calling Scorp a crappy character, unsafe this, unsafe that, etc. when I main Stryker. Scorpion may not be the best character in the game, but come on, he certainly isn't the worst as some in this thread would like to think.

sorry but scorpion is not THE face of the franchise.

He is now.

stop talking to this guy he is a noob and is just mad that he keeps loosing online (ppl just cant accept the fact that they suck so instead they find something else to blame in this case scorpion needs buff cuz a noob keeps loosing with him LMAO) kid u can do a 40% combo with no meter off a sucessfull spear but hes too weak right oh and ps he looses zoning battles LOL enhance spear noob= armor = 40% combo learn to play b4 u cry

Kind of makes me mad at how people in this thread are calling Scorp a crappy character, unsafe this, unsafe that, etc. when I main Stryker. Scorpion may not be the best character in the game, but come on, he certainly isn't the worst as some in this thread would like to think.

that doesn't prove anything. mortal kombat has more than one "face". sub zero is just as much the face of mk as scorpion. my understanding of the "face of the franchise" is the most recognizable character, even among non hardcore fans or people who have only played mortal kombat a couple of times. not the character on the logo.

Regardless of that logo Scorpion probably is the face of the franchise whether you like it or not.
are you seriously going to argue with me about scorpion being the face of the franchise. how many "faces" do tekken and street fighter have? more than one.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
are you seriously going to argue with me about scorpion being the face of the franchise. how many "faces" do tekken and street fighter have? more than one.
Ummmm you trolling? SF will always be with Ryu...there's a reason that in every cross over game ryu is the featured character for SF or Capcom...same goes with sub and scorp for mk...scorp more than sub if you ask me

Kombo

Noob
Since Slips already showed us at EVO that scorpion definitely does not need a buff... How about this topic for ya.

This thread sucks, why isn't a Mod doing something about it???

I'm very good at this game. I'm a higher intermediate, I would say. I tried out Scorpion for the past week. My record effectively got anal-sexed. I can tell you 2 things that would make him good:

1.) Make his combo starters have more range, or make it easier to get in close. I realize that the teleport allows you to get in close quickly, but a whiffed one leads to quite a bit of damage on you. I can't tell you how quick this would make him as good as his counterpart, Sub-Zero.

2.) Make it to where a crouch-blocking enemy will still be hit with the spear. Not as in pull them in, that would be extremely over-powered. I'm talking about where it just hits them, so it does around 1-2% chip.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I'm very good at this game. I'm a higher intermediate, I would say. I tried out Scorpion for the past week. My record effectively got anal-sexed. I can tell you 2 things that would make him good:

1.) Make his combo starters have more range, or make it easier to get in close. I realize that the teleport allows you to get in close quickly, but a whiffed one leads to quite a bit of damage on you. I can't tell you how quick this would make him as good as his counterpart, Sub-Zero.

2.) Make it to where a crouch-blocking enemy will still be hit with the spear. Not as in pull them in, that would be extremely over-powered. I'm talking about where it just hits them, so it does around 1-2% chip.

-b_s- :headbang:

Saint

Noob
Okay this is funny, you start off by contradicting yourself saying you're very good followed by saying you're higher intermediate. How does that even make sense?

I went 100-2 for my Wavenet trophy using only Scorpion, there's absolutely nothing wrong with him.

However online records mean nothing.

That IS very good... I would think. What I was trying to say is that I am very good, but that I'm no where near as good as the guys at the tournaments. I consider them to be the experts.

Online records do mean something. Is it nearly as large as a tournament records? No. But it is a decent measurement of basic skill.

In all honesty, #1 shouldn't happen, because that WOULD be over-powered. #2 just seems like common sense, IMO.

Saint

Noob
Online records mean absolutely nothing in their current state, nada, zero.

Why? They can be manipulated in different ways, one of few being the power to choose whom you want to play.

Scorpion is the face of MK people. When you mention Street Fighter to a casual whats the first character & phrase they know? Ryu and the infamous HADOKEN!!!! the same applies to MK the first character & phrase they know is Scorpion & GET OVER HERE!!!!

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Sometimes if I use B+2 without the JIP, after landing the teleport reset the opponent will go into that sliding knockdown state as if I used it too many times in a juggle. It also lets them break.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think some people realize Scorpion is a pain to deal with when used right lol.

As for him being used too much, like many stated..he's one of MK's flagship characters...so this isn't surprising.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Anyone else here have ex spear whiff on a standing opponent at point blank range? I use it to stop kabals up close mixup and it whiffed completely.
That happens when EX spear is done too close and is in a crouching state. Even if its a character that can be hi by EX spear crouching it won't hit if done too close.