What's new

Scorpion mentor?

He seems like a good character, if very hard to get good with. I would greatly appreciate a mentor to help me. I can learn fairly easily, usually learning a character only takes 2 days for me. My gamertag is on the left

Shady

Noob
I wouldn't say I'd be a mentor, but I am doing this thing where I attempt to learn the roster a character at a time (I main Kabal, Sonya, and Shang, but I'm doing this to learn the match ups and read the characters better).... In case, I'd be happy to share what I got so far as I am in the same place, basically trying to take my skill level with a char. from beginner to competitive....

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
PM Slips, or hopefully he sees this thread, def the best Scorp player Ive ever seen.

SpyderJ

Noob
100% slips. By far the best scorpion that myself and most anyone else has seen. Search Slips on justin.tv and u should be able to find some nice stuff. If anyone has other videos of him then watch them. Scorpion is a good but difficult character, very reliant on the 50/50 mixups into combo's that he has. Although the main difficult part is getting in and starting the first juggle to use those 50/50's. A very unsafe character who can be punished for almost any string of his short of 111. Thing is, if you get in, and can read your opponent very well, you can take an entire round in one sweep. Heh just my input ^_^ ( if anything is wrong here please correct me, i feel like i just completely screwed my explanation up )

BookBurning

Voidwards
Realistically I doubt Slips has time to mentor someone, but he's a cool guy. He'd answer some question at the very least.

SpyderJ

Noob
Realistically I doubt Slips has time to mentor someone, but he's a cool guy. He'd answer some question at the very least.
Well along with that, you rly do have to develop off of ones own style of gameplay, and just tweek that. Videos alone will show anyone what a character can and needs to do. Having a mentor can help fix things that are problematic however for just learning a character I dont think it is at all necisary.

Yo. I main Scoprion as well and wouldnt mind some pointers. My gamertag is DeathAndHealing if you want to spar/practice/etc.. Just shoot me a message.

Sorry didnt wait for the reply. Go ahead and add me (anyone else who wants to) Im just an intermediate player but Im always willing to practice whatever little nuisances anybody wants to, only way to improve!

My gamertag is DeathAndHealing

Unfortunately I just broke my mic a few minutes ago because I was trying to adapt it to the PDP fight pad so I could fight/talk so Im mic-less at the moment. Im not sure how you can teach without one but Ill go ahead and buy another in a day or so.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
My gamertag is DeathAndHealing

Unfortunately I just broke my mic a few minutes ago because I was trying to adapt it to the PDP fight pad so I could fight/talk so Im mic-less at the moment. Im not sure how you can teach without one but Ill go ahead and buy another in a day or so.
The power of example is pretty strong, especially when it's backed up by outside correspondence.

Sorry for not responding, was on a family road trip to my Uncles.

@KOE: If you're still online I would love to go. It's just strategies and stuff that allude me.

@DeathAndHealing: Yeah, I'm down. You must've been using one of the original mics for it not to work with the PDP VS Pad. I owned 2 myself, and both broke for no good reason. Now I'm stuck using a regular Xbox controller.

Yeah it seems like my PDP is breaking down rather quickly, the X button is clunky now and the dpad os becoming worse by the day. I still love it more than my xbox controller. I want a micro-switch button and regular cross dpad or anything where button presses are very light.

Did they start making new mics? All the ones Ive seen have the metal piece and two plastic pieces.

Yeah, it tends to do that.

Yes, there are new mics. They've been out for at least 2 years. They're also releasing new mics this November. Mics like Turtle Beaches, but Xbox branded. There's also just a regular wireless mic.

Not that I dont believe you but could you happen to link me to one from amazon or something? All the ones I see in the pic have the three prongs.

Also, I accepted your request, Ill be getting a mic on the weekend so I can communicate. Im only intermediate player at the moment but we can do some practice stuff when I get the mic. Gotta start working on my lag game! lol