What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion mains "Scope" thread

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Anyone seriously on maining the Hellspawn?

Ever since the game came out, the play-style I've been with the eye attached too is definitely Scorpion, if none of the characters i plan to main makes to the final roster i will be a 100% Scorpion main, even if just one of the characters i expect to make to the final roster make it, i will still be a 100% scorpion secondary. Independent of who i might decide to flesh out, i will take scorpion in the mains list too.

So who is set on this same journey to take scorpion to the heights of glory and vengeance?

@Slips
@MITDJT
@FOXSOLID
@Juggs
@Konqrr
@RedRaptor10
@Vagrant
@PimpUigi
@STRYKIE
@Flagg (i'm not sure about this one)

Vagrant

Noob
So who is set on this same journey to take scorpion to the heights of glory and vengeance?

@Vagrant
He's definitely going to get most of my attention at launch. I plan on messing with each character though and might change if another character's playstyle really pops out at me.

I kinda feel bad about switching from scorp to sonya in MK9 so I'd like to stay with scorp this time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
He's definitely going to get most of my attention at launch. I plan on messing with each character though and might change if another character's playstyle really pops out at me.

I kinda feel bad about switching from scorp to sonya in MK9 so I'd like to stay with scorp this time.
He not being that viable in MK9 didn't help tho, hopefully this is not the case anymore.

FOXSOLID

Noob
He's got great new tools and his teleport game opens up tons of mind game options. Especially since I'm hearing he can cancel it in every variation. I think this is honestly his biggest attribute and I can't wait to see the crazy vortex/evasive shit that the community will come up with.

Scorpion is whoopass tier...you heard it here first.

Flagg

Noob
I only really started using scorpion towards the end of MK9 and i used him for the short time I played injustice. Thanks for the tag tbough lol

That said il play him if I like his style in MK x. Slips and mit are definitely your go to guys for this character.

Scorpion? Hell yeah #YEEEAAAPPP I will definitely be using him for sure. I think this time around, he will be pretty good and I think his variations will compensate for all matchups.
Edit: going to have to change my avatar soon to mkx scorpion

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
While Subby may be my day one main Scorpion will be my secondary no matter what. He looks like a complete badass in this game. Especially with those teleport mind games. Oh its gonna be great.

Vagrant

Noob
He's got great new tools and his teleport game opens up tons of mind game options. Especially since I'm hearing he can cancel it in every variation. I think this is honestly his biggest attribute and I can't wait to see the crazy vortex/evasive shit that the community will come up with.

Scorpion is whoopass tier...you heard it here first.

Yeah but we won't really know how safe or useful it is until we know more about the game's engine.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Yeah but we won't really know how safe or useful it is until we know more about the game's engine.
Yeah, but I can't imagine it won't have it's serious uses. I feel like Scorpion will have great punishing ability at the very least by showing up behind the opponent with an empty teleport during wiffed attacks.

From what I understand, he can evasively get away from the opponent on command by teleporting away and remaining on the same side of the screen by holding back while the move executes.

The guy can get in and out...now I'm not saying to be too predictable but this can get him out of tight situations when used correctly.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I main female characters, but if a had to pick a character out of all the males that have been announce, i would definitely pick the spectre.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I've mained scorpion for 23 years. Since MK1 when I was 8. That won't change in this game. Been all up and down the tier list with this guy lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yes, I plan on using him. Won't know my main until after release though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As far as the teleports are concerned, the "empty" proximity teleport is in UMK3/MKT. It's used primarily for mobility and getting out of pressure. Can't wait to abuse... I mean see how it works in MKX.

As far as the teleports are concerned, the "empty" proximity teleport is in UMK3/MKT. It's used primarily for mobility and getting out of pressure. Can't wait to abuse... I mean see how it works in MKX.
Yo, I can set up some nasty vortex setups with his empty tele behind..... Mini vortex 2? I say yes haha

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Even if I'm not 100% only maining Scorpion, I will be using him a lot. Which means tech monstering and discussing MU's. I mean, I am a Scorpio. I'll be streaming a lot for MKX too, as long as I'm not too tired after work I'll be streaming MKX. Hyped for this game!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I'll definitely be using Scorpion, whether as a main or a secondary. He's too cool not to use.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I've never been a character loyalist so I can't make any promises, but it looks like he retains enough of his core properties that I'm acquainted with from MK9 to see what I can dig up.

Such Shirai Ryu dogs.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Shirai Ryu, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Lin Kuei, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Ninjitsu warfare and I’m the top punisher in the entire Netherrealm armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Earthrealm and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the inferno, maggot. The inferno that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Special Forces and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Last edited:

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I've never been a character loyalist so I can't make any promises, but it looks like he retains enough of his core properties that I'm acquainted with from MK9 to see what I can dig up.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Shirai Ryu, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Lin Kuei, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Ninjitsu warfare and I’m the top punisher in the entire Netherrealm armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Earthrealm and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the inferno, maggot. The inferno that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Special Forces and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.