What's new

Scarlets new variation

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
sorry to brust your bubble, but this variation isn't looking good at all.
And its not going to be red rain, its going to be krimsom Shield instead.

Not to mention the fact that boiling point is super slow, -29 on block, you definitely cannot use this as geras sand trap at all for many reasons outside of the shitty startup, lets start by the fact that she doesn't have overhead ender strings, so there is no mixing last hit with safe overhead and damaging low.

Red mist has a high chance of not being +17 on hit or restand and its still -19 on block.
But the what really worries me its that Skarlet will lose one of her main moves which is the tentacle, her flawless gapable move that can be done from long range pokes and still escape scenarioes where naturally it wouldn't be possible.

Every single time you play the 3rd variation there is a high chance of you being always at risk first because all your specials are punishable if blocked, second because boiling point its amazingly slow it won't even blockstring, and you will be jab interruped, jumped out of, option select out of red mist and boiling point all together, or just block and punish Skarlet anyway.

Not really impressed

gitblame

Noob
I will wait and see frame data on her restand and ex boiling point knockdown. If it remains the same as it is now she would gain very good offensive variation that would deny comebacks thanks to krimson shield and red mist. Her strings are safe by itself, I don't think you need safe special as tounge to play her effectively.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I will wait and see frame data on her restand and ex boiling point knockdown. If it remains the same as it is now she would gain very good offensive variation that would deny comebacks thanks to krimson shield and red mist. Her strings are safe by itself, I don't think you need safe special as tounge to play her effectively.
All Skarlet strings are flawless gapable by itself, its a big deal, all except 44.
And Skarlet plays a spacing game not a rushdown game, so the tongue is an essential tool in her moveset because it works as an extention of her very limbs
Where, Jab doesn't reach s4 does, where s4 doesn't d3 and s3 does, where those 2 doesn't d4 and f2 does, where d4 and f2 doesn't B4 does, and when not in range of B4 they are in range of b2, and if they try to step out of the range of B2, they automatically enter the range of where tongue works more effectively or she can close in space so they continue to escape the b2 range and subsequently corner themselves.

But this because they have to worry about the tongue manifesting itself on those areas

I really want to see how this will turn out, but honestly so far isn't really that great, Heart Pierce is still better overall, and so does Blood Drive

Boiling point should only be used as a combo ender and nothing else. If your good at hit confirming your going to land big damage. It combos off all her kick strings.

Red Mist is interesting but it will need to be buffed. It doesn't last long and the radius is shit when most of her moveset and string requires spacing so she doesn't get punished. It has synergy with krimson shield since both can be activated together.

NRS did said a number of moves have been adjusted for balance. So I remain hopeful.

Wavy

Block Spammer
Boiling point is pretty awful. There's not much you can do with it. The hit advantage is nice but the cost is way too much. I guess we can get better at hit confirming but I don't think you can combo into it off many strings. Could be wrong. Hopefully, it gets adjusted.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Boiling point is pretty awful. There's not much you can do with it. The hit advantage is nice but the cost is way too much. I guess we can get better at hit confirming but I don't think you can combo into it off many strings. Could be wrong. Hopefully, it gets adjusted.
you are not wrong here

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I want to say you can combo into it off f34, 44, and 124, for around 30% with a bar, but I don't have time to confirm that this second.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I want to say you can combo into it off f34, 44, and 124, for around 30% with a bar, but I don't have time to confirm that this second.
F43 and 44 works. When doing her mid screen bnb skip the second 212 and just go into 44 boiling point(far) for easy 325dmg.
So basically her combo routes becomes even more bland than already is.
Its a shame, Skarlet used to be a great execution character

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
I’m playing a lot of casuals with the new load out. 325 for a bar feels good. Ending in boiling point gives you time to activate the shield. That said, you spend the whole shield working your way back in. Zoning without the tentacle is rough. Staggering without the tentacle is rough. 124 red mist is a restand that leaves you in range for f2, so that’s nice. Any red mist restand in the corner feels good. I still prefer blood drive but I’m hoping the frames get better on the new variation moves. Shield is too slow, and I really want red mist to be a safe ender

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
sorry to brust your bubble, but this variation isn't looking good at all.
I like ya eddy, but I disagree!

I made a video back some weeks ago on speculation about a potential skarlet variation and this video now serves as a semi-guide to the variation minus the red rain part (cause cowards didn't put it in).

I think its a very interesting and aggressive skarlet. I also bet the setup at the end is gonna work near identical with krimson shield as it does red rain, just a few points less of damage(cause no red rain buff).

If red mist is anything like it is right now, its well worth losing tentacle for, a restand that jails into a plus on block string that itself goes into boiling point for 30+% is damn solid.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like ya eddy, but I disagree!

I made a video back some weeks ago on speculation about a potential skarlet variation and this video now serves as a semi-guide to the variation minus the red rain part (cause cowards didn't put it in).

I think its a very interesting and aggressive skarlet. I also bet the setup at the end is gonna work near identical with krimson shield as it does red rain, just a few points less of damage(cause no red rain buff).

If red mist is anything like it is right now, its well worth losing tentacle for, a restand that jails into a plus on block string that itself goes into boiling point for 30+% is damn solid.
i like ya too roofle but, i honestly don't buy it, agressive skarlet with all those gaps, very negative on block specials, a very slow boiling point that doesn't even jail for high risk mixups.

Heart Pierce only works because of that parry and the tongue, and Blood Drive because slow blood balll can throw ppl off the FL block, this 3rd Skarlet doesn't seem to have something to bypass this.

Wavy

Block Spammer
THEY SPED UP BOILING POINT TO 23 FRAMES. LETS GO. U CAN COMBO IT OFF 124 NOW.

Edit: You can also do 212 212 44 bff4 MB for 347

Last edited:
The second 212, knocks them slightly higher.
Hit box of boiling point also bigger.
Red Mist radius seem slighty bigger.
Those are some of the other things I've notice too.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Yeah I am liking this variation, I still would have preferred ratch for the restand, but they buffed the speed which is what really matters