What's new

Run-jab methods

Hi, my run-jab method is holding forward + run & alternately tapping LP + block (aka kara-jabbing?). Dont know how good is this, but if you have better, pls post it. :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phoenix has a very very solid/annoying run-jab. Probably the best run-jabs I've played on XBL. (not that anybody elses sucks, but there is someting about Pheonixes...lol)
So maybe he can shed some light on this. Its something I need to work on as well.

just press everything faster and get a rhythm going in the corner, also throw in a lot of mix ups straight run jabs just get you uppercut if you're not watching your opponent carefully. Also, watch for ducking lks and stop what you're doing and punish or protect yourself

oBryant

Noob
just press everything faster and get a rhythm going in the corner, also throw in a lot of mix ups straight run jabs just get you uppercut if you're not watching your opponent carefully. Also, watch for ducking lks and stop what you're doing and punish or protect yourself

i know this is kinda random but ROFL diddy, i see your little pick and you look like an older version of x JAY 117 x..

My methods. DO NOT TRY TO FLAME, OR CORRECT ME.

Corner - run lpx2, uppercut, Then wait for them on what to do. Here is a list.

1. If they jump, simply Punish.
2. Stay blocking down, Repeat.
3. D+Lp = Run in, autocombo.
4. Run to you = Lp again, or uppercut.

---------------------------------------

Mid-screen. Pattern.

LpX2, uppercut, Lpx1, Then they should D+LK. If they miss, then they should jump after that. Simply, Hp, Let them Hit the ground, LPX1, uppercut. Repeat. Long process, Shouldn't have them knowing your pattern.

Takes about like 30% of their blood.

Whenever I get someone in the corner I just try to get in about 3 or 4 run jabs in followed with a combo that begins with LK as a mixer-up(like Kabal's or Shang's).

Depending on the player, you can get your combo in... if it's a newbie or somewhat inexperienced player... you can keep them holding block in the corner... if it's not... they may try the crouching LK and that's usually about after 3 or 4 run jabs... so the LK mixer-up has a higher percentage of connecting.

oBryant

Noob
Run LP, LP, LK LPLP Jump over Deep jk run in LPLP LK Random HP's to bait in Upper cuts or ducking lk's for combos

I'm horrible at mid-screen jabs but in the corner I do 2 or 3x double LP's then do a y-start combo and try to go back into the 2x's.

Find your own rythem that works, and practice it as much as you can.

My main advice would be is be agressive but very cautious. While run jabbing, you have to be aware of your opponent. If you see him let go of block, you should do a LK/HK auto-combo. They will try to do a LK on you, forcing you to stop the rush down momentarily. You really have to mix it up with different stuff, so it confuses your opponent. If they get used to your pattern, you will lose.