What's new

Rookie Nervousness

DCP

Noob
So as most of you know, the PDP Tournament is almost here. This will be the very first video game tournament I've ever attended and I'm extremely nervous. Not that I don't trust my abilities or skill, but the fact there's a big cash prize, great players, and possible sponsors is intimidating to a newcomer like me.

Do any of you tournament veterans have any tips or pointers on to how to relax a bit before a tournament? Any suggestions on what to do prior to the tourney starting? I know if I'm still nervous during a match the possibilities of me dropping a combo or making a mistake will increase drastically. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

REO

Undead
Do what I do, don't get any sleep at all before a tourney, you'll be so tired you won't care about anything, especially nerves.

Get some casuals in before the actual tourney until you're confident enough. You could always play some music to calm yourself down. Only the obvious stuff here.

JGG

Noob
I was a gymnast for 14 years and used to get plenty of nerves before competitions, especially the big ones. Just gotta let it all go, really. Just like a kid learns to cope with stress as they grow up, you gotta learn to cope with the nerves as it gets more intense. They're not going to help you reach your goal, so you gotta leave them behind.

Jeff Schaffer posted some vids on Youtube regarding competitive play. Eventhough, Jeff was a top Streetfighter player,his tips apply to Mortal Kombat just aswell. Follow his advice and you will do better.

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Ejaculating helps sometimes. So either fuck a few chicks or masturbate a few times before the tourney and you should be fine.