What's new

Robin Williams. Dead at 63

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
This is going to date me a bit but my first experience with Robin Williams was watching Mork and Mindy reruns with my Dad. The humor is a bit dated but you get a sense for how quick -witted Robin was.

sn1kzZe

Noob
fucking shit this guy was part of my childhood you know, I grew up with his sense of humor in mind, this is too sad.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Just heard about this last night. So sad. How can you not like Robin Williams? So many classic movies. RIP

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with cracked.com, but they have an interesting article about Robin Williams and why funny people commit suicide. It's a great read if anyone is interested and may shed some light on why this man who seemingly had everything was so depressed.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't know if anyone here is familiar with cracked.com, but they have an interesting article about Robin Williams and why funny people commit suicide. It's a great read if anyone is interested and may shed some light on why this man who seemingly had everything was so depressed.
I'm moderately interested. Link?

I usually like that site it's like an intellectual type of komedy most times.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm moderately interested. Link?

I usually like that site it's like an intellectual type of komedy most times.
It's well known to most comedians comedy is a way of a surviving inner demons

Haven't read it yet but that's my guess

eks

Noob
Watched Mrs. Doubtfire today and there's a scene where Daniel says "Did you ever wish you could sometimes freeze frame a moment in your day, look at it and say 'This is not my life'?" After reading some of the thoughts of those close to him, he was a borderline schizophrenic and this quote was very fitting for him. A great person with a massive amount of talent and beautiful legacy.

They said he had Parkinson's. too. Probably why he started growing a beard more.

RIP