What's new

Road to Nationals #2 :: Oct 15 :: Puerto Rico

Hello guys, OGM Madness here. I know I'm a little late about this event that's tomorrow in Puerto Rico.

The event is called: Road to Nationals #2. This event is part of a bigger event called Fighting Games Nationals being held at the beginning of next year. I'll post all the details at a later date.

Just recently it was confirmed that we were going to be able to record the matches in this event and post them in YouTube (sorry, no Live Stream), so expect some videos later on (hopefully in the frontpage of TYM) of some of PR's best players in the MK scene. FGA Mono, AZ Broseph, OGM JosuePR and others are just a few of the fellas you'll be able to see on YouTube during the next week.

This event will be run by High Quality Events, a group stationed in Cupey, PR, but my group Online Gaming Madness (www.ogmadness.net) will be in charge of the Mortal Kombat category. Shout-outs to Digital Geeks (www.facebook.com/DigitalGeeks) who will be helping us record the tournament and to Top Tier Events (www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Tier-Events/214312968600114) & Fighting Games Arena (www.fgapr.com) who will help us during the day with the whole thing.

To those able to go, the tournament will be in Borinquen Gardens in Cupey, PR.

For more details, visit: http://www.fgapr.com/showthread.php?1596-Road-to-the-Nationals-Tournament-Series

Ayx

Omnipresent
This sucks so much that I don't have anything for tomorrow. -_________-''

Worse time to be broke EVER. I didn't even know MK had a competitive community in Puerto Rico. I'll be read more on it.

Crap man, so salty right now.

PR always had a competitive scene bro! Where do you think PR Rog (Top 8 in SF & 2nd Place EVO2011 @ MvC3), Banana Ken (Best Ken in SF) & Gandido (2nd Place EVO 2008 @ Tekken) came from? All those guys had to practice with someone ;). The kommunity over here in MK is awesome. It's pretty much a lot of new people, new faces, but really loyal. Ever since the game came out, a lot of new people appear just for this game. And the skill level is pretty close with everyone, so you got to take each fight seriously. You should really try to participate and meet us all. We also do gatherings just to play for fun and talk trash. In this tournament I don't expect that many people for MK (perhaps some 20 people), but the one in October 30th should get pretty full for MK.

Ayx

Omnipresent
I'm not a Capcom guy is all. People over here in Aguadilla play SF most of the time and I just can't dedicate enough time to the game to be up to par, so I thought MK was my saving grace to be good at it. Hopefully Skullgirls will hit the tournament scene pretty nicely so I can give it enough time to do good there as well.

Where do you guys do meetings? Cause I'm west coast so if it's East Coast I won't be going too often but I'll show up sometimes.

I know people in Aguadilla is making one around the 30th as well. What console is it going to be?

I'm not a Capcom guy is all. People over here in Aguadilla play SF most of the time and I just can't dedicate enough time to the game to be up to par, so I thought MK was my saving grace to be good at it. Hopefully Skullgirls will hit the tournament scene pretty nicely so I can give it enough time to do good there as well.

Where do you guys do meetings? Cause I'm west coast so if it's East Coast I won't be going too often but I'll show up sometimes.

I know people in Aguadilla is making one around the 30th as well. What console is it going to be?
I live in Arecibo/Hatillo. There are some people that play MK in Aguadilla all the time. Shadowchild is probably the best Reptile in PR right now and he lives in Aguadilla. Not that many people from Street Fighter "converted" to MK, but a few did and a heck of a lot of new people join the scene with MK. In Oct. 30, we have a tournament in Aguadilla in the UPR.

I personally do gatherings in Arecibo at least once every 2 weeks and I try to include MK at everyone's tournaments. If you have facebook, we made a little group called Mortal Kombat PR (there are 2 groups with the same name, but one of them is full of casual players, the other one is more core) where mostly only the most active players post and gather. We also have our own website where we are trying to build a local community of MK, and we have pretty much 3 or 4 activities every month. So there's more than enough to keep ourselves busy here in the island :).

And the advantage we have over US, is that it's pretty easy to get to know all the top players since even if it is at the other side of the island, the most you will have to drive is 3 or 4 hours, compare to the US, where people drive for 12 or 18 hours (or take flights) just for a tournament and most of the ones in the scene are killers, so you get polished in the game. Plus everyone at MK are pretty cool (compared to the other communities of other games) and will take the time to explain you aspects from the game.
Got stuck in a trap and lost a match? The guys will tell you how to get out so you don't fall next time. And so on and so forth.

Ayx

Omnipresent
Weird, the UPR tournament is the exact one I'm talking about. Haha. I'm actually from there so that's where the word got spread. I'll definitely look into it, not sure if to take my CSZ or my Scorpion to the tournament (Because I can't really use anyone else with the PS3 controller, not used to it at all.)

I'll be training for the tourney and tell the others from UPR to practice a bit since there's like 4 that are pretty good. There's a Cyrax, Smoke, Ermac, Raiden, Freddy/Cyrax and Me (CSZ/Scorpion). I don't know who else will make it though.

Link to the FB Page? That'd be cool.